ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
burt 10:58 AM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Injections are the thing that most people hate understandably

Funny story on how we actually learned how to do those. We had the class of course did actually taught by a retired oral surgeon. Really great surgeon and teacher. Anesthesiology 1 or whatever

Then towards the end of the semester we have a Saturday booked up in the oral surgery clinic upstairs at the dental school where all the oral surgery residents are there and we dental students have to partner up. You give your partner the 10 main injections under supervision then switch places and get it done on you.

Stick and squirt is what they called it. I’d had a lot of dental work done as a kid so it did t bother me. A lot of people were kids of dentists or whatever so they’d always had perfect teeth and never a cavity or any issue so they freaked out.

One guy was doing a block on this chick and he went to lateral and the needle comes out the side of her cheek and we can see anesthetic squirting out. Two people pass out.

So we give each other two carps of lidocaine to do the injections. Everyone is numb everywhere

Then we head to the bar up the street for drink and drool
^ this is awesome.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:40 AM 12-13-2019
Do you introduce yourself as Doctor?
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
That’s 300k dollar piece of paper on my wall says dr o.city so you bet your ass I do
[Reply]
lewdog 10:44 AM 12-13-2019
That’s 300k dollar piece of paper on my wall says dr o.city so you bet your ass I do
At work, sure.

But in public to people you don’t know?
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 12-13-2019
At work, sure.

But in public to people you don’t know?
Oh, no

I’m not that pretentious
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 12-13-2019
Oh, no

I’m not that pretentious
I'm not gonna lie I'm picturing you as the guy from the hangover now and all the people that tell him being a dentist is not a real doctor.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:38 PM 12-13-2019
You’re goddamn right.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 12-13-2019
Yeah if anyone has a heart attack you should call a real doctor
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 12-13-2019
https://www.instagram.com/tv/BzQm0eX...d=9lc81jgmio49

Had a few people pm me about wisdom teeth. Here’s a video of an oral surgeon taking 4 out under general sedation. These are pretty easy ones but it’s a cool video
[Reply]
O.city 01:45 PM 12-13-2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNXiOrl...=1bjhvv6eipe9k

Someone asked me about fillings, this guy is pretty talented
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:55 PM 12-13-2019
This is the best thread on CP right now.
[Reply]
O.city 06:21 PM 12-20-2019
Ok ok, Friday night, the wife and 2 of the kids are shopping, I have the middle one getting a prime rib ready to smoke and finish on the charcoal for a family xmas tomorrow.

Thought I'd give you guys some dental time. Going thru buying another practice right now, dealing with banks and shit is a nightmare, hopefully it will work out.

Anyway, due to the weather and shit we only worked 2 days this week, but saw the same amount of pts, so it was hell weak at my office.

Had a lady come in needing a tooth extracted. No big deal it looked like after peeping the xray. I go in, introduce myself blah blah blah.

"I'm a severe dental phobic" she says, "I have to have N20 and crank it up". You bet, no problem.

All goes well, tooth comes out, no issue. Once we get it out, she asks if I"m done with it. "Yep, it's all out, no issues"

"Are you ok" I asked. "Yeah, felt it right at the end a bit, pissed my pants a little"

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you need to use the restroom" I asked.

"No, I wore a diaper just incase".

LOL. She wore depends.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:12 PM 12-20-2019
Ok ok, Friday night, the wife and 2 of the kids are shopping, I have the middle one getting a prime rib ready to smoke and finish on the charcoal for a family xmas tomorrow.

Thought I'd give you guys some dental time. Going thru buying another practice right now, dealing with banks and shit is a nightmare, hopefully it will work out.

Anyway, due to the weather and shit we only worked 2 days this week, but saw the same amount of pts, so it was hell weak at my office.

Had a lady come in needing a tooth extracted. No big deal it looked like after peeping the xray. I go in, introduce myself blah blah blah.

"I'm a severe dental phobic" she says, "I have to have N20 and crank it up". You bet, no problem.

All goes well, tooth comes out, no issue. Once we get it out, she asks if I"m done with it. "Yep, it's all out, no issues"

"Are you ok" I asked. "Yeah, felt it right at the end a bit, pissed my pants a little"

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you need to use the restroom" I asked.

"No, I wore a diaper just incase".

LOL. She wore depends.
Banks suck the penis.

Just a heads up, they’ll want you to collateralize everything you’ve ever owned. See if you can get them to pull anything out eg your main practice. Don’t sign a personal guarantee.

If you want me to look over anything give me a shout.
[Reply]
O.city 07:18 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Banks suck the penis.

Just a heads up, they’ll want you to collateralize everything you’ve ever owned. See if you can get them to pull anything out eg your main practice. Don’t sign a personal guarantee.

If you want me to look over anything give me a shout.
Yeah I think my main banker got to far out over her skies. She gave me all the pre approval, we signed everything and were two weeks away from closing and she starts talking about “I’m not sure about this part we may need to do an SBA etc etc” and that I apparently will need about 60k to put up ( that was never said previously) I ain’t got that laying around.

I went they Wells Fargo practice finance the first time so I’m going woth them again as they do this everyday and are easier to deal woth

I’d rather use a small bank but it’s tough with student loans and shit
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:25 PM 12-20-2019
Do you ever find yourself wishing that people had fangs, just to make you feel more exotic in your work?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up