ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Media Center>What Terrible Movie Do You Love?
Frazod 12:09 AM 02-23-2019
A twist on the other thread.

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Great movie.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:03 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Waterworld

The women Ghostbusters (apparently?)

Almost all Nicholas Cage movies

Independence Day 2

For the Love of the Game
I dont see how anyone could have possibly liked these movies...
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:10 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I clicked on this thread solely to offer up Freejack and see it was pretty much first out of the chute. Nice - goddamn that movie is deliciously awful.

Virtuosity is of similar mind and similarly god-awful and rewatchable.

Broken Arrow and Face Off - both just awful movies that I've seen a half dozen times each.

Really, Nicholas Cage's entire catalogue could fall here. I mean lord, Ghostrider and Ghostrider 2 are maybe the most appallingly shitty movies ever made and I sat through both of them laughing at the absurdity. Seriously, did Sam Elliott lose a fucking bet?

Jean Claude Vandamme movies and Arnold movies are in the same vein; solidly entertaining but obviously terrible. Most of Sly's stuff is in the same boat, as are the F&F franchise.

Then there are some movies with such an interesting concept that I have to give them some credit even if said concept just failed. Sucker Punch qualifies, as does Scott Pilgrim.
Virtuosity is an amazing movie.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:21 PM 02-25-2019
I'd forgot to add Karate Kid II....put that on my list lol.

I'd dare even say III but my God it's batshit lol...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In looking through Nicolas Cage's list of films, he has been in one movie that I absolutely loved (Lord of War), a couple that I've liked (Knowing and Guarding Tess), and one silly ass guilty pleasure movie (the first National Treasure). Of the rest, I've either not seen them or thought they were shit.

Lord of War was phenomenal, though. That's one of my all time favorites, and he's brilliant in it.
My first thought every time I watch National Treasure is "well this movie is harmless and kinda decent..."

My second thought, every time, is "Man, Diane Kruger has great tits..."

Because man, Diane Kruger has great tits.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:31 PM 02-25-2019
My first thought every time I watch National Treasure is "well this movie is harmless and kinda decent..."

My second thought, every time, is "Man, Diane Kruger has great tits..."

Because man, Diane Kruger has great tits.
Why yes, yes she does. :-)

Had to draw the line at the second one, though. I just couldn't deal with the part where they put Sylvan Lake on top of Mount Rushmore. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:05 PM 02-25-2019
In looking through Nicolas Cage's list of films, he has been in one movie that I absolutely loved (Lord of War), a couple that I've liked (Knowing and Guarding Tess), and one silly ass guilty pleasure movie (the first National Treasure). Of the rest, I've either not seen them or thought they were shit.

Lord of War was phenomenal, though. That's one of my all time favorites, and he's brilliant in it.
If you haven't watched Leaving Las Vegas you NEED to

Cage is in rare form, fantastic movie
[Reply]
eDave 04:16 PM 02-25-2019
If I love it, it is not terrible.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:17 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If you haven't watched Leaving Las Vegas you NEED to

Cage is in rare form, fantastic movie
I've heard it's great. I've also heard it is horribly depressing. I really don't rush out to see those anymore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:43 PM 02-25-2019
I've heard it's great. I've also heard it is horribly depressing. I really don't rush out to see those anymore.
One of those movies with zero re-watchability, IMO. I don't regret having watched it, but I have no need to see it again.

I was that way with Blackhawk down - I am glad to have seen it but man there is pretty much a zero percent chance I watch it again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:43 PM 02-25-2019
Yeah, you gotta be in the right mood for it

But it definitely does have its light hearted moments, IMO it's Cages best work ever
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:45 PM 02-25-2019

Adaptation was really good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:49 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah, you gotta be in the right mood for it

But it definitely does have its light hearted moments, IMO it's Cages best work ever
There should be a spinoff of the spinoff thread.

"Why does Nicolas Cage make so many shitty movies?"

I mean Arnold, Sly, JCVD - so many other purveyors of cheese have easy explanations - they're just shitty actors.

But on rare occasions you see that Cage can play a role pretty straight and do it well.

So why is he so damn prone to A) selecting bad scripts and/or B) Overacting? I think A is probably one of those 'anything for a paycheck' stories but that doesn't explain B. You would think him more capable of occasionally lifting up spotty source material.

Just a weird actor. I wonder if he hasn't trapped himself in that Johnny Depp universe where everything Depp does now is Depp playing Jack Sparrow so he just has Jack Sparrow as a baseline. Maybe the time of Nicolas Cage actually being a decent actor is gone and he's stuck in a loop where his baseline is actually the overacting Castor Troy version of himself that really seemed to hit overdrive after Face Off.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:50 PM 02-25-2019
One of those movies with zero re-watchability, IMO. I don't regret having watched it, but I have no need to see it again.

I was that way with Blackhawk down - I am glad to have seen it but man there is pretty much a zero percent chance I watch it again.
Less Than Zero pretty much ruined me when it comes to depressing movies about addicts. I just have no interest in watching that shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 02-25-2019
Less Than Zero pretty much ruined me when it comes to depressing movies about addicts. I just have no interest in watching that shit.
MEMORY JOG!!!

Zero Effect. Man what a piece of trash that was...I'll still watch at least a half hour of it if I run across it on cable.

Bill Pullman plays some sort of tortured genius/mildly autistic detective savant with Ben Stiller as his secretary/assistant/Watson to his Sherlock.

You can see they were really trying to create a franchise there and it just didn't work. I still enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up