ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

DaneMcCloud 04:57 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
At this point I have a feeling it comes down to Jones willingness to be reasonable. If he is wanting 21+/annually you pretty much have to let him walk. He is not Aaron Donald and if someone else is willing to pay him comparably I would likely let them. He is a monster a lot, at the same times there numerous games he just disappears.

I hope they can work something out but I can't be very optimistic at this point.
:-)

No NFL player should EVER "settle" for less money, period.

And if not for Aaron Donald, Chris Jones would be the best interior lineman in the NFL, bar none.
DrRyan 05:05 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

No NFL player should EVER "settle" for less money, period.

And if not for Aaron Donald, Chris Jones would be the best interior lineman in the NFL, bar none.
I'm not suggesting he should "settle" for anything less than he can get. Paying close to $50 million/year for 2 defensive lineman is not something I would be willing to do. You bar none claim is definitely debatable. If we were talking only about interior DL pass rushing, I'm right there with you. Jones is an above average run defender if we are being honest. Fletcher Cox, Kenny Clark, Cam Heyward, both Watt bros and some other would be in that debate.
DaneMcCloud 05:12 PM 07-13-2020
I'm not suggesting he should "settle" for anything less than he can get.
Bullshit

At this point I have a feeling it comes down to Jones willingness to be reasonable.
"Reasonable". Ha! Chris Jones should hold out for every last penny because he's earned it.

Iaying close to $50 million/year for 2 defensive lineman is not something I would be willing to do.

Who gives a fuck about what you think?

You bar none claim is definitely debatable. If we were talking only about interior DL pass rushing, I'm right there with you. Jones is an above average run defender if we are being honest.
JFC, the man has 24 sacks, 2 INT's (one for a TD) in the past two seasons, continually kicked ass in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs and was a huge part of the Chiefs first Super Bowl victory in 50 years.

Either you don't know dick about the NFL or you need to rewatch this year's postseason run.

Fletcher Cox, Kenny Clark, Cam Heyward, both Watt bros and some other would be in that debate.
Maybe 3 or 4 years ago but certainly not in 2020. Cam Hayward has 54 sacks in 9 years while Chris Jones has had 33 sacks in 4 seasons, 24 of which came in the past two years.
DrRyan 05:14 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What games did he disappear?
In the run game? I would say the regular season Titans game. I would have to look back and game logs. I recall he not maintaining his gap and being completely washed out of the play on Henry's long TD run I believe. Looking back at the game logs, Ravens, Colts and Lions games were mediocre as well.

Again, I am not against signing him long term. I would love that. My point is paying him $21+/per is not something I would want to do. Unless you are getting 4-5 and the deal is front loaded while Pat is still cheap against the cap.
DaneMcCloud 05:17 PM 07-13-2020
Again, I am not against signing him long term. I would love that. My point is paying him $21+/per is not something I would want to do. Unless you are getting 4-5 and the deal is front loaded while Pat is still cheap against the cap.
You're a dope.

Fletcher Cox has 48 sacks in 8 years while Jones has had 33 in half that time.

TJ Watt is a OLBer, not a defensive tackle, and JJ has had 4 less sacks than Jones the past two seasons while again, not playing defensive tackle.
DrRyan 05:25 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're a dope.

Fletcher Cox has 48 sacks in 8 years while Jones has had 33 in half that time.

TJ Watt is a OLBer, not a defensive tackle, and JJ has had 4 less sacks than Jones the past two seasons while again, not playing defensive tackle.
I'm not going to go "Dane" and just call you names. I will leave that to you, it's your trademark. You keep melting down, as usual, while not paying attention AT ALL, to the discussion regarding the run defense in my posts you are quoting. I am not saying run defense is the gold standard for paying the guy, but should be discussed. You choose not to discuss that and that is your choice.
Sassy Squatch 05:31 PM 07-13-2020

Time to go to work next two days. Something tells me things about to get interesting . See you in the AM... EARLY! ����

— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) July 13, 2020

DaneMcCloud 05:36 PM 07-13-2020
I'm not going to go "Dane" and just call you names. I will leave that to you, it's your trademark. You keep melting down, as usual, while not paying attention AT ALL, to the discussion regarding the run defense in my posts you are quoting. I am not saying run defense is the gold standard for paying the guy, but should be discussed. You choose not to discuss that and that is your choice.
Melting down? You're the moron comparing Jones to defensive ends and OLBer's.

NONE of your "points" have been valid. Chris Jones is the best defensive lineman in the NFL outside of Aaron Donald, period, AND he's only 25 years old.

But go ahead and keep comparing him to far lessor players and those that play completely different positions to make it even more apparent that you know absolutely nothing about the NFL.
RealSNR 05:41 PM 07-13-2020
Eesh, that tweet.

Chris, I don't think it's because the team didn't value you. I think it's because they literally ran out of money.

Yeah, they didn't have to pay Breeland or Watkins, but not much they can do about that now.

Sorry, man. Good luck elsewhere, unless you're playing against the Chiefs. In which case, eat a dick.
R Clark 05:46 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Eesh, that tweet.

Chris, I don't think it's because the team didn't value you. I think it's because they literally ran out of money.

Yeah, they didn't have to pay Breeland or Watkins, but not much they can do about that now.

Sorry, man. Good luck elsewhere, unless you're playing against the Chiefs. In which case, eat a dick.
Yep this in a nut shell , it’s not a matter of worth as much as what they can afford.
Sassy Squatch 05:48 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Eesh, that tweet.

Yep. If he's determined to emulate Bell then let him wallow in mediocrity elsewhere. Just make sure to send him to a woebegone franchise so he can't be a pain in the ass when it really matters.
Chiefs Pantalones 05:58 PM 07-13-2020
Chris is gonna go rot on shitty team over a few million dollars. You hate to see it. I don’t feel bad for him
RealSNR 06:01 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. If he's determined to emulate Bell then let him wallow in mediocrity elsewhere. Just make sure to send him to a woebegone franchise so he can't be a pain in the ass when it really matters.
Then he can rot in Miami for all I care.

Tua might be good. Jones might turn their defense into a good unit. And I'm thankful to last year's Miami team for that 1st round bye. But I'm not at all convinced Brian Flores is a good coach. He's just another Belichick polyp on the anus of the league. Only one Belichick coaching tree spawn has even won a playoff game, and that's Bill fucking O'Brien.

They're ALL trash, and if Brian Flores ends up being a good coach, he'll be the first fucking one. He's going to have to prove more than just winning some gritty games at the end of a shitty season. Todd fucking Haley did all of that shit once upon a time too, and look where that got him.

Miami is a sexy pick to break out and surprise people. I don't buy it. Maybe they'll be good when they get rid of all the Patriot scum.
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 07-13-2020
Wouldn't be too shocked if Mahomes is the one who goes to Veach and pushes along a deal. He took a pretty team friendly deal to keep a championship caliber team around him and losing one of the best players on defense over a few million may not sit well with him. If they're multiple millions per year apart still it doesn't matter.
R Clark 06:42 PM 07-13-2020
Mahomes ain’t pushing shit what ever they decide to do Mahomes has no input whatsoever
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Up