ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Draft to be held... on water
RealSNR 09:43 PM 01-21-2020
And players are going to use... boats? WTF is this shit?

Also, I know the perfect boat for all the Broncos draft picks to use. The SS Poseidon!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ains-involved/

Originally Posted by :
The league released its preliminary plans for the 2020 NFL Draft on Tuesday, and although no one should ever go full Vegas, the NFL WILL be going full Vegas when the draft kicks off in April.

After attracting more than 600,00 visitors to Nashville for the 2019 draft, the NFL has one-upped itself with a plan that includes one stage being set up over water, players being chauffeured around on boats and one block of the strip being totally shut down to vehicle traffic over the course of the three-day event, which runs from April 23 thru 25.

Let's start with the craziest part of the NFL's plan: The red carpet stage, which will be set up over water in front of the Bellagio fountains. Any player who attends the draft and chooses to walk the red carpet will be taken by boat to the main stage.

The stage for the 2020 NFL Draft in Las Vegas will be on the water at the Fountains of Bellagio. The players will be transported to the stage by boat. pic.twitter.com/8sVl8p2ZBx

— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) January 21, 2020

Originally Posted by :
At the time, it was basically a large parking lot, but the NFL will obviously be making a lot of changes between now and April.

According to Peter O'Reilly, the NFL's executive vice president of club business and league events, it was important to feature as many iconic Vegas landmarks as possible in the draft set up.

"Embracing the city's personality and iconic locations enables us to create an event that captures the spirit and energy of our hosts," O'Reilly said. "We look forward to continuing to work with the Raiders, Las Vegas officials and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority to create an unforgettable week-long celebration of football for our fans, the incoming prospects and partners and kick off the NFL's next 100 years."

To make this all work, Vegas will be doing something it almost never does: Closing off a portion of the famed strip. The part of the strip located in front of the Bellagio will be closed to vehicle traffic during all three days of the draft. Flamingo Road will also be closed between the strip and Koval Lane, which will allow fans to freely walk from the red carpet stage to the main event space near the forum.

[Reply]
BWillie 11:02 PM 01-21-2020
hahah this is such an awesome idea. I hope they do it.

I think the main draft stage will be in Caesars though.
[Reply]
wazu 11:05 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s just the red carpet guys. The actual stage part isn’t on the water. Thank goodness, as the 1st round already takes forever.
That's not how I've heard it described.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 11:14 PM 01-21-2020
That's how we roll in Vegas baby!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:07 AM 01-22-2020
NFL officially jumps the shark.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:35 AM 01-22-2020
The main stage is at the caesars forum right next to the linq
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:19 AM 01-22-2020
I wonder if each team will get to customize their boat? The Vikings’ pick could make for interesting TV.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:26 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Mahomes wouldn't need a boat to get across the water.
Touche :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
NFL officially jumps the shark.
Dumbest damn thing I’ve seen in a looong time
[Reply]
Monkey God 06:33 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I still don't get it, and I'm the one who posted the freakin thread. Where does the red carpet lead? Why would you travel by boat to something whose very purpose is to have you walk a path? Do you follow the red carpet to dry land or something?
The actual draft stage is across the street in front of Ceasars Palace.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:41 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I wonder if each team will get to customize their boat? The Vikings’ pick could make for interesting TV.
Same with the Bucs...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:42 AM 01-22-2020
I'm interested in how it'll turn out. I'll watch for sure. Vegas knows how to make an impression.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:38 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They were planning to do this a couple of years ago, but had to change plans due to concerns that Garrett Bolles would drown trying to walk to the stage.
I would have thought Bolles would have no problem holding on to a flotation aid, holding is the one thing he does well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:48 AM 01-22-2020
this draft is going to take ****ing forever.

It's going to take forever to go get guys, stop the boat, let them on, and then go to the stage, and stop, and let them off.

This is dumb.

*well, I mean I guess the next team's on the clock immediately, so whatever.

But it's still dumb.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:50 AM 01-22-2020
Um you realize that most of them can't swim right?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:52 AM 01-22-2020
Did this article come from The Onion?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up