ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Draft to be held... on water
RealSNR 09:43 PM 01-21-2020
And players are going to use... boats? WTF is this shit?

Also, I know the perfect boat for all the Broncos draft picks to use. The SS Poseidon!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ains-involved/

Originally Posted by :
The league released its preliminary plans for the 2020 NFL Draft on Tuesday, and although no one should ever go full Vegas, the NFL WILL be going full Vegas when the draft kicks off in April.

After attracting more than 600,00 visitors to Nashville for the 2019 draft, the NFL has one-upped itself with a plan that includes one stage being set up over water, players being chauffeured around on boats and one block of the strip being totally shut down to vehicle traffic over the course of the three-day event, which runs from April 23 thru 25.

Let's start with the craziest part of the NFL's plan: The red carpet stage, which will be set up over water in front of the Bellagio fountains. Any player who attends the draft and chooses to walk the red carpet will be taken by boat to the main stage.

The stage for the 2020 NFL Draft in Las Vegas will be on the water at the Fountains of Bellagio. The players will be transported to the stage by boat. pic.twitter.com/8sVl8p2ZBx

— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) January 21, 2020

Originally Posted by :
At the time, it was basically a large parking lot, but the NFL will obviously be making a lot of changes between now and April.

According to Peter O'Reilly, the NFL's executive vice president of club business and league events, it was important to feature as many iconic Vegas landmarks as possible in the draft set up.

"Embracing the city's personality and iconic locations enables us to create an event that captures the spirit and energy of our hosts," O'Reilly said. "We look forward to continuing to work with the Raiders, Las Vegas officials and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority to create an unforgettable week-long celebration of football for our fans, the incoming prospects and partners and kick off the NFL's next 100 years."

To make this all work, Vegas will be doing something it almost never does: Closing off a portion of the famed strip. The part of the strip located in front of the Bellagio will be closed to vehicle traffic during all three days of the draft. Flamingo Road will also be closed between the strip and Koval Lane, which will allow fans to freely walk from the red carpet stage to the main event space near the forum.

[Reply]
Rain Man 09:54 PM 01-21-2020
They were planning to do this a couple of years ago, but had to change plans due to concerns that Garrett Bolles would drown trying to walk to the stage.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 09:58 PM 01-21-2020
Mahomes wouldn't need a boat to get across the water.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:59 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Mahomes wouldn't need a boat to get across the water.
Why not?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:00 PM 01-21-2020
:-)

When the Raiders pick pic.twitter.com/JzCt9qB2NH

— underscore (@the_under_score) January 21, 2020

[Reply]
KC Hawks 10:02 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Why not?
Because he can walk on water.
[Reply]
srvy 10:05 PM 01-21-2020
This is a dumb idea the 1st round is slow as shit now as it is. If they aren't wearing personal flotation devices I am calling the water patrol. Those kids are nervous enough lets put them on water to get motion sickness. Hell some I bet have never even been on a boat.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:06 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Because he can walk on water.
How?
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:12 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
How?
Your religion doesn't believe in a messiah, right?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is a dumb idea the 1st round is slow as shit now as it is. If they aren't wearing personal flotation devices I am calling the water patrol. Those kids are nervous enough lets put them on water to get motion sickness. Hell some I bet have never even been on a boat.
Ten bucks says some smartass clown dresses up like a pirate on draft day as he rides the boat over to the stage.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:24 PM 01-21-2020
This is a dumb idea.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:26 PM 01-21-2020
It’s just the red carpet guys. The actual stage part isn’t on the water. Thank goodness, as the 1st round already takes forever.
[Reply]
tk13 10:28 PM 01-21-2020
Make it interesting and put sharks in the water.

Berman: "The Browns 1st round pick makes his way to the stage. He had a great junior year at... Oh no, the sharks are on the attack."

Kiper: "It looks like those sharks have surrounded his boat."

Berman: "NOBODY CIRCLES THE BOAT LIKE THE LAS VEGAS SHARKS!"

Kiper: "Oh no! It looks like they just ripped his leg clean off! This is going to seriously hurt the Browns draft grade."

Booger: "Mel, I agree. Having his legs ripped off is probably going to make it harder for him to rush the passer next season."
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s just the red carpet guys. The actual stage part isn’t on the water. Thank goodness, as the 1st round already takes forever.
I still don't get it, and I'm the one who posted the freakin thread. Where does the red carpet lead? Why would you travel by boat to something whose very purpose is to have you walk a path? Do you follow the red carpet to dry land or something?
[Reply]
Hoover 10:55 PM 01-21-2020
that's just the read carpet to interview draftees and their families
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up