ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:22 AM 01-14-2020
Cora's going to be in deep shit because he did it twice. Can't hide behind the excuse that it was somebody else calling the shots. But you'd have to think the Red Sox knew damn well what Cora was doing in Houston when they hired him, so I don't think they can plead ignorance on this. They won't get what Houston got but I doubt they got off easy.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07:10 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But you'd have to think the Red Sox knew damn well what Cora was doing in Houston when they hired him, so I don't think they can plead ignorance on this.
Im curious if this is why DD got fired the way he did. Ownership caught wind that he hired Cora knowing what he did in HOU. Anyway, Cora just got canned. Good, riddance.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
It was going on during the 2018 ALCS vs the Stros. They were stealing signs vs us and we were stealing from them.
Where did you hear that? The report so far on the Sox is that we didn't do it in the PS. The replay room was being guarded by MLB.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:20 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Us Cardinals fans knew he would be a great team builder. We wanted him over Mo.

The employee of the Cardinals that hacked into the Astros did it not to get their stuff but to see what Luhnow had stolen from the Cardinals. Luhnow still had access years later as the Astros GM because they left his Cardinals ID active(What morons :-)) Luhnow had downloaded our draft, projected starters 5 years out, internal discussions on players etc.

He didn't get in trouble because he used a valid account given to him as a Cardinals employee. Court cases held that up long ago.

So he has been cheating for a long time. I don't think the Royals want that type of guy in their front office, even if he is a great talent evaluator.
Why wouldn't we? The Royals need to win.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:31 PM 01-14-2020
Red Sox just fired Cora. He’s in deep Shit. Apparently he set up the monitors and Hinch smashed them twice but Cora kept doing it
[Reply]
limested 07:36 PM 01-14-2020
They got their hands slapped. Not anywhere close to being hammered.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:36 PM 01-14-2020
Cora should get the Pete Rose treatment. They should have been stripped of their World Series trophy, but Manfred didn't want that black eye on baseballs history books.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:37 PM 01-14-2020
I hate the Red Sox so god damn much
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:44 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Red Sox just fired Cora. He’s in deep Shit. Apparently he set up the monitors and Hinch smashed them twice but Cora kept doing it
Why the fuck couldn’t Hinch tell these guys to stop?
[Reply]
2112 07:49 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why the **** couldn’t Hinch tell these guys to stop?
Hinch is ashamed of himself right now. He’s friends with Aaron Boone and when Boone talked to him privately before a game in the ALCS he lied right to his face.

Also, isn’t this the second time the Red Sox will get caught cheating? They were caught using Apple watches to relay signs before this.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:35 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why the **** couldn’t Hinch tell these guys to stop?
This is why I view Hinch as being worse. He was the fucking manager. He should have put a stop to it if he really hated it that much. Cora still deserves a ban, though.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:38 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I don't ban people, you moron!
Because you're powerless like your comrades. I said you want to....
[Reply]
Bowser 08:39 PM 01-14-2020
Now strip their titles or all of this is meaningless.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:42 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What Pete Rose did was worse. I don't know why he always trends whenever there's a baseball scandal.
Betting on yourself is nothing.

Ask Michael Jordan why he played baseball.

What's really bad? Rigging Lakers, Heat, Steelers games.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:43 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Now strip their titles or all of this is meaningless.
No.

And the only won one.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up