ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:01 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Cheating was "player-driven"
Evidently the owner thinks otherwise.

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:05 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
This is worse than anything Pete Rose did. The Astros keep a Championship and the GM-MGR get one year. "There is no Justice in Mudville"
What Pete Rose did was worse. I don't know why he always trends whenever there's a baseball scandal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:25 PM 01-13-2020
Anyone who brings up Pete Rose.... Stop paying attention to games he bet on. Pay attention to the games he didn't bet on.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:43 PM 01-13-2020
Hey Lew who would you take? These 2 cheating bastards or Moore/Matheny? Moore seems to rebuilding the farm nicely but CP seems to really hate Matheny
[Reply]
tk13 11:52 PM 01-13-2020

JUST IN: Dodgers asked by MLB not to comment on punishment of Houston Astros "as it's inappropriate to comment on discipline imposed on another club." The team was also asked to not comment on any wrongdoing during the 2017 World Series https://t.co/BP2Dh5MV7X

— CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) January 14, 2020

[Reply]
SPchief 12:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
To be fair, that's a little misleading. It says in the article, all clubs have been asked not to comment.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:13 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hey Lew who would you take? These 2 cheating bastards or Moore/Matheny? Moore seems to rebuilding the farm nicely but CP seems to really hate Matheny
Luhnow would be tempting in a year or so.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:17 AM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
tk13 12:29 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You gotta be kidding. Guy just threw his entire group of players, coaches and employees under the bus for everything that happened on his watch when he was the leader. Total garbage move. Spineless.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12:49 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by zigbazah:
Red Sox should just get out ahead of this and fire Cora. It's not like there's any chance he will be exonerated.
Agreed. It doesn't sound good for him. Especially finding out that we were sign stealing in 2018. It's my understanding it wasn't nearly on the same level as what Houston did and we didn't do it in the postseason, but still...

At least I'm really hoping it doesn't come out we did it in the postseason. Damn embarrassing
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:09 AM 01-14-2020
You gotta be kidding. Guy just threw his entire group of players, coaches and employees under the bus for everything that happened on his watch when he was the leader. Total garbage move. Spineless.
Can he at least run the draft?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:47 AM 01-14-2020
I'm not sure I'd agree to that if I owned the Dodgers, at least not without every player enjoying a bonus large enough to buy an 8-figure gag ball.

JFC, they didn't even ban the franchise from even one season of post-season play. Hell colleges do that at the drop of a hat.

$5M encourages cheating, not the opposite...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Us Cardinals fans knew he would be a great team builder. We wanted him over Mo.

The employee of the Cardinals that hacked into the Astros did it not to get their stuff but to see what Luhnow had stolen from the Cardinals. Luhnow still had access years later as the Astros GM because they left his Cardinals ID active(What morons :-)) Luhnow had downloaded our draft, projected starters 5 years out, internal discussions on players etc.

He didn't get in trouble because he used a valid account given to him as a Cardinals employee. Court cases held that up long ago.

So he has been cheating for a long time. I don't think the Royals want that type of guy in their front office, even if he is a great talent evaluator.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:22 AM 01-14-2020
G1 in LA: 7 IP, 1 ER

G5 in HOU: 4.2 IP, 6 ER

G7 in LA, 4 IP, 0 ER

Goddamn, they fucked Kershaw hard.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 07:05 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Agreed. It doesn't sound good for him. Especially finding out that we were sign stealing in 2018. It's my understanding it wasn't nearly on the same level as what Houston did and we didn't do it in the postseason, but still...

At least I'm really hoping it doesn't come out we did it in the postseason. Damn embarrassing
It was going on during the 2018 ALCS vs the Stros. They were stealing signs vs us and we were stealing from them.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up