ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Wr round 1
O.city 10:15 AM 01-07-2020
So obviously the Chiefs aren't desperate for a WR. They do need one with Watkins probably leaving though. I like Pringle but I don't know what he really is.

If you're sitting there at say 29-32 and one of these big WR's falls thru the cracks, you take a swing?

This draft is pretty loaded at WR, so I wouldn't but if say one of the Alabama guys fell, I might think about it.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:27 AM 01-08-2020
I'm fine with D-Rob - I just think if you can sign a guy like Agholor on a cheap 1 year deal because of said issues, he has the ability to blow up.

If signed right, its a low risk, high reward idea, that's all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:35 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I'm fine with D-Rob - I just think if you can sign a guy like Agholor on a cheap 1 year deal because of said issues, he has the ability to blow up.

If signed right, its a low risk, high reward idea, that's all.
guy's got bricks for hands. I don't see any reason to sign him at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:22 PM 01-08-2020
No on spending a high pick on a WR.

Yes to signing a cheap FA or spending a later pick on a WR once you’ve addressed OL, CB and LB.

If Robinson can be reasonably retained, great.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:20 PM 01-08-2020
Give me a Center or a Linebacker in round 1 this year. No to everything else, especially a wide receiver. Hell, I think I'd take a TE before I take a receiver in this draft (basing on where we'll be picking).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:09 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Give me a Center or a Linebacker in round 1 this year. No to everything else, especially a wide receiver. Hell, I think I'd take a TE before I take a receiver in this draft (basing on where we'll be picking).

Round 1 is a good spot to get a CB, too, especially the back end of round 1.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:09 AM 01-09-2020
Hardman was drafted(outside of Hill insurance at the time)to be a #1 or 2. You don’t go there again in the very next draft. Only teams like the Lions do that.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:18 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Hardman was drafted(outside of Hill insurance at the time)to be a #1 or 2. You don’t go there again in the very next draft. Only teams like the Lions do that.
Exactly.

I really think we need to go CB in the first round. I could see a offensive linemen, but really like to use the first round to get playmakers.
[Reply]
el borracho 02:45 PM 01-09-2020
CB, OL, LB in the first round or, if you are determined to have an offensive toy, TE. Only reason to deviate from these positions would be DL if we lose somebody like Jones. WR and RB can wait until at least round 3.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:11 PM 01-09-2020
Hardman was drafted to replace Hill, i dont think he fits as a 2.
we need a big strong fast 2
[Reply]
Toad 03:34 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by poolboy:
we need a big strong fast 2
Fiber takes care of that... :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:56 PM 01-09-2020
If a top end WR slid close to us, I wouldn't hesitate. Shouldn't pass up an elite talent for need, but there's no chance Jeudy or Lamb are falling that far.
[Reply]
O.city 04:14 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If a top end WR slid close to us, I wouldn't hesitate. Shouldn't pass up an elite talent for need, but there's no chance Jeudy or Lamb are falling that far.
Lamb was kind of what I was thinking. There's zero chance of it happening i'd imagine, but if it did, yeah, that's what i'd jump at.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:35 AM 01-10-2020
When you look at the mock drafts on here, its hard not to think that the Chiefs could be taking a step back in terms of offensive weapons next year. A real quality first round TE to be apprentice to Kelce would be an amazing addition to the offense, but I just don't see it in this years draft.

As said above, if some amazing guy drops then you have to. Otherwise, maybe we just take a middle round guy to develop and hope improvements to the O line overall improve the O next year in both the run and pass games even if the skill position talent is down a little.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:01 AM 02-07-2020
With it looking like a real possibility that we lose both DRob and Watkins thought this was a topic worth discussing again.

If somebody like Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, or Brandon Aiyuk falls to us, would you take them?

I think WR class is so strong that there’s likely going to be a guy there that is BPA.
[Reply]
Walt White 07:36 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
With it looking like a real possibility that we lose both DRob and Watkins thought this was a topic worth discussing again.

If somebody like Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, or Brandon Aiyuk falls to us, would you take them?

I think WR class is so strong that there’s likely going to be a guy there that is BPA.
If we really love one of those prospects and think they will be elite, I think we should consider it. Unless we believe another position will make that much more of an impact.

Because the luxury of this being a deep WR class is that you can still get someone later. Same with the RB position. It just depends on how much we personally grade the prospects. If someone falls that we feel will truly be elite, I don't see how we pass it up. I could see the same thing with RB if we feel an elite one falls.

Now if we feel there is not a big difference between the prospects, then we can indeed wait. But same might be said for the positions of "need". Perhaps we think there will be O Line, LB, or corners just as good later in the draft.

We can worry about filling the holes later if a big impact player falls to us. That's just my perspective.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up