Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Watchmen HBO
Sure-Oz 04:13 PM 05-08-2019
First teaser. Intrigued.

https://youtu.be/zymgtV99Rko
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:24 AM 10-23-2019
Yeah it was weird seeing they brought up the riots here. I was like i understood that reference.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:31 AM 10-23-2019
Since so many hadn't heard of the Tulsa riots, I'll mention Bass Reeves [black sheriff in the silent movie] was real too and was a lot of the basis for The Lone Ranger.

:-)000000;width:520px;">

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 10-23-2019
I've never read the comics, don't remember much about the movie. Is this a spolier thread where people talk about what happened in comics and spoil us about events coming that happened in the comics?

Do we need a non-spoiler thread and a spoiler one like we did for Game of Thrones, Avengers, Star Wars etc.?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:18 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've never read the comics, don't remember much about the movie. Is this a spolier thread where people talk about what happened in comics and spoil us about events coming that happened in the comics?

Do we need a non-spoiler thread and a spoiler one like we did for Game of Thrones, Avengers, Star Wars etc.?
The comics are a separate property, that 'inspired' this series.

The creators of this show took the events of the comics and created a narrative for the world 30 years after the original story ended.

So the 'spoilers' here would be speculative only. No one has seen the material that hasn't aired on HBO.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The comics are a separate property, that 'inspired' this series.

The creators of this show took the events of the comics and created a narrative for the world 30 years after the original story ended.

So the 'spoilers' here would be speculative only. No one has seen the material that hasn't aired on HBO.
okay cool :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:28 PM 10-23-2019
I saw all the trailers/previews and was very meh about it.

But just finished the first episode and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
smith11 01:44 AM 10-24-2019
if i want to watch a fictional show about how bad white people are i will just watch the nbc evening news
[Reply]
unlurking 09:24 AM 10-25-2019
Since so many hadn't heard of the Tulsa riots, I'll mention Bass Reeves [black sheriff in the silent movie] was real too and was a lot of the basis for The Lone Ranger.
Knew about Bass Reeves (thanks Biographics), but didn't know about Tulsa. Put me in the "I don't know" camp so far. Will definitely watch a couple more episodes, but definitely not what I expected. If anyone else is interested in the Bass Reeves biographic,,,

https://youtu.be/1Y9yjOVsuoo
[Reply]
Kman34 10:31 AM 10-25-2019
That's from the comics. Veidt [you'll find out], sought a plan to avert looming nuclear war between USA/USSR. He had a giant transdimensional squid attack NYC in order to draw the nations of the world together to fight it. Speculation is that the periodic rain of squid embryos is the fallout of that grand plan.

That's why LookingGlass asked the Kavalry suspect in The Pod if he thought interdimensional attacks were a secret government plot. [ie, Kavalry members think the entire attack was a government conspiracy/creation for population/social control, which . . . . :-)].
I thought it was funny in one scene that the street sweeper had squid decals on it.. cleaning up the squid “Rain”..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by smith11:
if i want to watch a fictional show about how bad white people are i will just watch the nbc evening news
I thought the Topeka opening scene was totally fictional. I had no idea that there was in fact, a racial massacre of the black people in the town by the white people. ThAt wasn’t fake news.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 10-25-2019
That's from the comics. Veidt [you'll find out], sought a plan to avert looming nuclear war between USA/USSR. He had a giant transdimensional squid attack NYC in order to draw the nations of the world together to fight it. Speculation is that the periodic rain of squid embryos is the fallout of that grand plan.

That's why LookingGlass asked the Kavalry suspect in The Pod if he thought interdimensional attacks were a secret government plot. [ie, Kavalry members think the entire attack was a government conspiracy/creation for population/social control, which . . . . :-)].
Should probably clarify, in case of confusion for people who don't go back and read...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:36 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Should probably clarify, in case of confusion for people who don't go back and read...
Spoiler!
Yeah, its a close matter to decide which way to swing, . . . but I kind of tried to phrase it so the contemporary viewer could be informed of events without being 'spoiled' with the level of detail available to someone who read and recalled all of the Watchmen series. Kind of the level of awareness an actual person living in this world would have, as opposed to all the revelations that came out behind closed doors. [hence the :-)]

If this show expands on those events, I didn't want to bias their ability to do so their way.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:48 PM 10-25-2019
Was anyone else mad

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:54 PM 10-25-2019
Yeah, its a close matter to decide which way to swing, . . . but I kind of tried to phrase it so the contemporary viewer could be informed of events without being 'spoiled' with the level of detail available to someone who read and recalled all of the Watchmen series. Kind of the level of awareness an actual person living in this world would have, as opposed to all the revelations that came out behind closed doors. [hence the :-)]

If this show expands on those events, I didn't want to bias their ability to do so their way.
Yeah, figured that was your intention. Reason why I tagged my addition.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:58 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Was anyone else mad

Spoiler!
Yes..
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up