ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:09 PM 12-03-2018
Did I hear you guys right that Zo's teams are having a hard time with inbound plays? Holy shit that was our bread and butter plays when he was with the Bears. We won multiple games on inbound plays he drew up.

Patience he is building that pipeline from St. Louis which is going to be the key to being a very solid to very good program.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:13 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
BTW, an absolute heist of a victory yesterday. That game will drive UCF nuts for months. As one would expect for a team without a solid offensive system and no established go-to scorer, Mizzou could not get a good look in the closing stretch, but a few miracle plays (the in-bounds bouncing off a defender and straight to Geist underneath the basket, and the buzzer beater off a constipated, nothing play) overcame the offensive incompetence (inability to beat the five second clock when down 1 with 15 seconds left).

This team is likely an SEC cellar dweller, but they battle their asses off. Tilmon has shown growth on the defensive side, but his offense needs similar progression. All the young guards are just that--young.
This Knights team isn't making the tournament and this game will go a long way in that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:17 AM 12-19-2018
Nice win last night. Cuonzo knows how to make rugged teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 12-19-2018
Nice win last night. Cuonzo knows how to make rugged teams.
I like this team.

It's not a tournament squad but they bust their asses and keep at it. They're gonna have some uuuuuugly nights when Smith's shot isn't falling and Tilmon gets in foul trouble because Watson just isn't ready yet and the rest of the team is largely complementary players.

But guys like Pinson and Pickett are going to be nice 4-year players. Pickett's better than I expected him to be and Pinson is gonna be a force, IMO. That kid sees the floor in a big way.

Next year they'll be able to run some hellacious 4-guard lineups out there with Pinson, Smith, Smith and Watson (though Watson can play some 3 probably). They'll also have some serious guard depth with Pickett and some of the incoming recruits.

They still need more size but that will come; Jackson should help there and I don't think Tilmon's a candidate to leave early yet. Mitchell Smith will be able to absorb some minutes at the 4 as well. I guess Santos but I'm just kind of ignoring him at this point. Would like to see that last scholly go to a decent big but I'd imagine it goes to the greyshirt walk-on kid who's name immediately escapes me. I think Reed Nikko is still around to play 5 minutes a game and hopefully not foul anyone.

Should be a damn athletic team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:45 PM 12-22-2018
Why is brad underwood’s head so fat?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:48 PM 12-22-2018
Puryear is such a dogshit player
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:18 PM 12-22-2018
Puryear is such a dogshit player
i thought he had a pretty steady night. 2-2 from 3 was big.

Mizzou was the better coached team by a country mile. No idea what people see in Underwood’s fat head.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:31 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
i thought he had a pretty steady night. 2-2 from 3 was big.

Mizzou was the better coached team by a country mile. No idea what people see in Underwood’s fat head.
They kicked it in to another gear the last twelve minutes. That was an impressive finish.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:09 PM 12-22-2018
Emotional Cuonzo after the game was perfect. Dude owns STL.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:23 PM 12-22-2018
Could this year's team without Jontay be better than last year's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:42 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Could this year's team without Jontay be better than last year's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know, time will tell. It seems as though they are starting to gel though. Just imagine if Mizzou wasn't cursed and Jontay didn't blow out his knee.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:07 AM 12-23-2018
Illinois is terrible MU needed to win that 1
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:11 AM 12-23-2018
I was at the game tonight. Buddy of mine lives in Champaign and his boss is a donor so we always go. Zo is building a team that is going to be a 4 year Letterman type program. Occasionally you will get the McDonald's all american in state but it's going to be 4 year guys. Be excited boys Mizzou is in good shape.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:06 AM 12-23-2018
I was at the game. Really impressed with how Mizzou played. Mizzou is going to be in a really good position as long as Cuonzo's there.

That team competed its ass off tonight.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:31 AM 12-23-2018
Nice to finally beat those Orange Bastards.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up