ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock
Chargem 04:10 PM 12-28-2019
Assuming the Chiefs win it all this year.

Moves

Chiefs Cut Sammy Watkins

Chris Jones is tagged and then traded to Miami for their worst pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds in 2020 (Currently looks like the 25th and 62nd picks).

The Chiefs give Mahomes a multi year extension, the 2020 impact of which is +3.5m (stolen from KCCrow mock)

Free Agent Signings:

Ronald Darby (3 years $27m, 2020 impact ~$5m). Darby took a 1 year deal in the Eagles coming off an ACL hoping to rebuild his value, but by his standards he’s had a bit of a down year and I believe is now on IR again with a hip issue. He has multiple years of plus play before this, and even his down year this year would have been an upgrade over Breeland.

Jay Ajayi (2 years $4m, 2020 impact ~$2m). Injured in 2019 and cut by the Eagles, he is a cheap reclamation project in the backfield and is a do it all kind of guy.

Re-signings

Matt Moore (2 years $5m, 2020 impact ~$2m)
Mike Pennel (3 years $7m, 2020 impact ~$2.1m)
Stefen Wisnieswski (2 years $5m, 2020 impact $2.5m)
Demarcus Robinson (2 years $6m, 2020 impact ~$3m)
Emmanuel Ogbah (3 years $18m, 2020 impact ~$3.5m)
Reggie Ragland (1 year $1m)
ERFAs retained: Yelder, Wylie, Kemp

Draft (taken from an thedraftnetwork.com mock draft for approximate rankings):
1. (from Miami) CB CJ Henderson
1. C Tyler Biadasz
2. WR Tylan Wallace
2. (from Miami) TE Hunter Bryant
3. DE Bradlee Anae
4. CB Myles Bryant
5. S Jordan Fuller

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Moore, Shurmur
RB: Ajayi, Williams, Williams, Thompson
FB: Lovett
WR: Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Wallace, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Bryant, Yelder
OL: Fisher, Rankins, Wisnieswski, Duvernay-Tardif, Schwartz, Reiter, Wylie, Allegretti, Biadasz, Erving
DE: Clark, Okafor, Ogbah, Kpassagnon, Anae
DT: Nnadi, Saunders, Pennel, Speaks
LB: Wilson, Hitchens, Ragland, Niemann, O'Daniel
CB: Henderson, Darby, Ward, Bryant, Fenton
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Watts, Sorenson, Fuller
ST: Butker, Colquitt, Winchester

General thoughts: I love Chris Jones and think its very likely that the Chiefs work out a contract with him, I’m just going with a “get blown away with an offer that you have to take” for him in this scenario as its more fun for the draft to have the extra picks. I’m also going with a minimal cut/re-sign as many of the vets as possible approach to keep the consistency for a team returning after winning a superb owl.

I’m adding to the OL (Rankin and Wiz fighting it out for LG and Biadasz starting at C), some offensive weapons and strengthening the secondary. The DL is weaker without Jones, but I’m expecting Spags to use a lot of 4 DE lines to offset for the lack of a pass rush from my DTs. I debated using one of the first rounders on a DE/DT instead of a corner, and then looking to take a corner in the 2nd. I did a few mocks over and just didn't see a DT/DE I liked at the back end of the 1st.

The main two areas where I think people are going to be unhappy are LB and RB? Flame away, I suck at this.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:01 PM 12-28-2019
It'd be a great haul if it went that way in my opinion.

First, I would say Henderson is a top-20 pick. I'm not sure he's there quite as late as Miami's last pick.

I do have some concerns that Biadasz is being a bit overrated here, but that doesn't mean everyone is slotting him wrong. The reason I say that is that he struggles with big, strong dudes on the interior in pass pro and he's not a guy like Nelson that can drive people off the ball in the run game. I think Jake Hansen is every bit as good of a prospect and has the same flaws. The Huddle Report currently has Biadasz as the 40th overall prospect and I think that's really fair. That means you still gotta take him with the Chiefs' first round pick. I'd rather take a guy like Florida State's Marvin Wilson here and pick up Hansen in the 2nd, but that's me.

I personally think that the end of 2 is a bit low for Tylan Wallace. I see him as a top 40 guy. A lot depends on how he runs though. The slower he is, the further he falls from that spot.

Alot of places have Hunter Bryant as the top tight end in the draft but I, personally, don't like undersized tight ends. He's 6'2" 230, which is more of a big receiver than anything. He'll struggle to ever be big enough to take on offensive lineman at the point. I much prefer Purdue's Brycen Hopkins, who reminds me a ton of a young Kelce.

Anae set the 2nd half of the season on fire and ended up with like a dozen sacks. I like him, but I wanted to see something against Oregon's o-line and he didn't deliver. I think you have him in a good spot and he needs to develop more strength to be more consistent on a down-to-down basis.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:30 AM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It'd be a great haul if it went that way in my opinion.

First, I would say Henderson is a top-20 pick. I'm not sure he's there quite as late as Miami's last pick.

I do have some concerns that Biadasz is being a bit overrated here, but that doesn't mean everyone is slotting him wrong. The reason I say that is that he struggles with big, strong dudes on the interior in pass pro and he's not a guy like Nelson that can drive people off the ball in the run game. I think Jake Hansen is every bit as good of a prospect and has the same flaws. The Huddle Report currently has Biadasz as the 40th overall prospect and I think that's really fair. That means you still gotta take him with the Chiefs' first round pick. I'd rather take a guy like Florida State's Marvin Wilson here and pick up Hansen in the 2nd, but that's me.

I personally think that the end of 2 is a bit low for Tylan Wallace. I see him as a top 40 guy. A lot depends on how he runs though. The slower he is, the further he falls from that spot.

Alot of places have Hunter Bryant as the top tight end in the draft but I, personally, don't like undersized tight ends. He's 6'2" 230, which is more of a big receiver than anything. He'll struggle to ever be big enough to take on offensive lineman at the point. I much prefer Purdue's Brycen Hopkins, who reminds me a ton of a young Kelce.

Anae set the 2nd half of the season on fire and ended up with like a dozen sacks. I like him, but I wanted to see something against Oregon's o-line and he didn't deliver. I think you have him in a good spot and he needs to develop more strength to be more consistent on a down-to-down basis.
Thanks for the comments.

Draftnetwork had Henderson as the no. 5 CB (Okudah, Fulton, Diggs, Wade before him). I guess I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't make it to the 25th pick with a few teams being in the QB market this year, although it definitely could happen.

I agree Biadasz isn't like Nelson, but that's the reason I have him going 32nd rather than top 5. I can still see him being a significant upgrade over Reiter very quickly. I cast around for free agent centers and I just couldn't find one I like, free agent trackers tend to only list one position so there might be a good one I'm missing who is listed as a guard.

As for Wallace, I think this class is just so deep at WR that someone like him falls.

I can agree with you on Bryant, Hopkins is the no.1 tight end on the draft network's board so he was already gone by the end of the 2nd. I wasn't tight against the cap in this mock so Bell could have been brought back on a minimal deal if I hadn't taken Bryant there. I could have added more CB depth instead, I think Jeff Gladney, TCU and Jaylon Johnson, Utah were still on the board.

It actually seems like a very thin TE class, next TE off the board was Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt. Any thoughts on him?
[Reply]
Up