ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2019-2020 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
dlphg9 09:50 AM 11-06-2019
So since no one else is going to start this thread I guess I will. We have a few new players that hopefully can contribute big time. This year's incoming class is led by 4 star recruit Tray Jackson, a 6' 8" PF, that was ranked as the number 84 recruit in the nation. Included in the class are two 3 star recruits Mario McKinney and Kobe Brown.

Coming off a disappointing 2018-2019 season in which they went 15-17, but lost the best player on the team before the season started, hopefully they can get back to the NCAA tourney again and maybe win a couple games. This is a big year for Martin and hopefully this is the year everything comes together.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:35 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I’m not sure we’ll notice if Tillman leaves early.
True. I'm thinking a grad transfer could come in and at least equal, if not exceed, his production. I'm more worried about Pinson.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:44 PM 03-21-2020
Tray Jackson is planning on transferring from Mizzou. But hey, at least Cuonzo Martin is a good leader of young men showing them how to grow up. Not doing so great on the coaching or recruiting front, but that's not really all that important.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:18 PM 03-21-2020
I saw Jackson up close during the Mizzou-Ark game in Columbia. I was not impressed. Pinson is a good guard. They just don't have enough talent or depth, which sucks. Seems like Mizzou should be able to find ten guys who can play....
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:37 AM 05-01-2020
Wow, the recruiting class looks absolutely pathetic. SMH. Even the guys that have us as one of their potential schools aren't very good.

19 offers to high school kids with 1 commit. Lost 2 St. Louis kids to...drum roll please...

K-State!

How the hell is CM losing in his supposed location of strength to K State. Good God, what a con.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:47 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Wow, the recruiting class looks absolutely pathetic. SMH. Even the guys that have us as one of their potential schools aren't very good.

19 offers to high school kids with 1 commit. Lost 2 St. Louis kids to...drum roll please...

K-State!

How the hell is CM losing in his supposed location of strength to K State. Good God, what a con.

Yeah. He’s worse than I expected.

Plus, Pinson is going to go play professionally next year, and the Hawaii transfer they’re bringing in definitely is worse than Pinson.

They’re going to be bad next year, and a potential disaster the year after.

And because of his contract, they probably can’t get rid of him until after two more seasons. Shit sucks.

They should have listened to me. I was Team CuonzNO when he was hired. Oh well.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:13 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

K-State!

Didn't you give me shit a couple of months ago for comparing CM to KA? Perhaps they're not too far off from each other after all.

They're going to need to fill something like 6-7 scholarships this coming year, and I just read a post on another forum about how most of their top targets are already being courted by blue bloods and die to the current crisis they don't have the capability to to get out and scout secondary targets. I'd wager on another recruiting class in 2021 of Wilmore and Okomgo types, players ranked in the 300-400 range who mostly have offers from bottom tier mid-majors. But due to his buyout CM likely still has 2 more seasons in Columbia to further crater the program. Him and Steel should be gone ASAP.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:30 PM 05-01-2020
Cuonzo is screwed now that he's run outta Porters!
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:42 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. He’s worse than I expected.

Plus, Pinson is going to go play professionally next year, and the Hawaii transfer they’re bringing in definitely is worse than Pinson.

They’re going to be bad next year, and a potential disaster the year after.

And because of his contract, they probably can’t get rid of him until after two more seasons. Shit sucks.

They should have listened to me. I was Team CuonzNO when he was hired. Oh well.
I was never a big Cuonzo fan at first, but I let the excitement of getting Michael and Jontay Porter cloud my vision. I thought CM might be able to snowball that first season into getting some big recruits and sustained success, but instead of rolling over more snow he ran into a fire pit.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up