ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 847 of 2690
« First < 347747797837843844845846847 84884985085185789794713471847 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:31 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Mahomes is like a marketing person's wet dream.... Until he opens his mouth :-)

But he has the face and talent to endorse anything if people can get over his voice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Often you can hear a gravely tone that he clearly affects to sound tougher. It sounds kinda like a prepubescent kid trying to sound like their voice has changed when it clearly hasn't. Makes me feel kind of bad for him, but then I remember he's going to retire as the greatest QB ever with more SB rings than fingers and that tempers my pity a little.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:37 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just for reference— Mitch Trubisky threw 3 INTs in practice on Saturday. Shit happens in camp quite often, especially if guys are testing out certain throws.

At least Amerson is looking like a potentially good pickup.

On a funny note—apparently Josh Allen is struggling to hit his receivers on screen passes and bootlegs to the flats. The dude is so inaccurate and anyone could see it from a mile away.
Will be interesting to watch Allen throw the ball in NY blizzard conditions.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:11 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Will be interesting to watch Allen throw the ball in NY blizzard conditions.
Considering he can't hit the broadside of a barn in calm weather conditions, maybe a blizzard will improve his accuracy.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:23 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Yep. You heard what I have been saying all offseason.
You just don't get it. Or you don't want to get it. He is airing it out and learning how much quicker NFL defenses are than college defenses. Let him throw those picks in practice. He's a student of the game. He will learn what he can and can't get away with. Come game time, he will be less likely to make those mistakes because now he knows better. Oh, he'll still throw picks. Every quarterback does. But he won't be a pick machine like you hope.
[Reply]
Best22 07-29-2018, 04:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Best22.
DRM08 06:36 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Considering Allen cannot hit the broadside of a barn in calm weather conditions, maybe a blizzard will improve his accuracy.
Maybe so. :-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:34 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The hype on this board is off the charts. Which is historically normal of ANY 1st round rookie QB. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because the organization clearly trusts him or they wouldn't have moved on from Alex Smith so fast, but he very well could be Jay Cutler. We don't know how he will react under the lights, versus NFL defenses.

His problem won't be throwing TDs or being aggressive. He's going to be good if he limits his interceptions. That is literally going to be it for him. He could be a chucker who is too aggressive and struggles to make the right decision. It's very possible. It's also possible he's the next Brett Farve or Ben Roethlisberger. We just don't know. But at least, he has a high ceiling. That is all you can ask.
I think everyone for the most part felt this way. I think the hype is coming from all the signs showing that he is now than a chucker. What we've seen, what coaches and players say, what other scouts and ex scouts say.

In the end, beyond the hype, I think most fans know there will be issues and what issues they will be. I am comfortable though with I've seen and heard to feel he isn't just a chucker. Not saying that means Brett Favre. Many landing spots in-between or close to either extreme.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:34 PM 07-29-2018
Goddamn he was savage today.

Mahomes goes DEEP to Watkins #ChiefsCamp #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/rYIW6HL76w

— KCChiefsFr (@KCchiefsfr) July 29, 2018

Mahomes with the back shoulder throw to Hill for a nice gain #ChiefsKingdom #ChiefsCamp pic.twitter.com/ydh6e6Gx0q

Kemp getting some work in and getting the TD #ChiefsCamp pic.twitter.com/IOt5m8lOYd

[Reply]
Strongside 09:52 PM 07-29-2018
Kemp looks damn good man.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 PM 07-29-2018
Unfortunately for him, Chesson and Conley are ahead of him in the pecking order.

Veach and Reid have done an absolutely savage job of stacking our WR depth. After years of having jack and shit (and jack left town) at the position now we have too much talent.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:54 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Unfortunately for him, Chesson and Conley are ahead of him in the pecking order.

Veach and Reid have done an absolutely savage job of stacking our WR depth. After years of having jack and shit (and jack left town) at the position now we have too much talent.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:02 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Considering he can't hit the broadside of a barn in calm weather conditions, maybe a blizzard will improve his accuracy.
:-)

Fucking hilarious!
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:05 PM 07-29-2018
Look at the arm- what is that..55 yards in the air to Hill?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Way too many variables to just say a playoff win is the only acceptable outcome. Its not 100% on Mahomes.
Exactly why I said it’s ridiculous.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:55 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Veach lol? Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, Kemp and DAT are all Dorsey's. All Veach has done is give a huge contract to Watkins. That's not to criticize him but you just cannot say he is the one who stacked the WR depth chart.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 PM 07-29-2018
You don't know what participation Veach had in the selection of those individuals.
[Reply]
Page 847 of 2690
« First < 347747797837843844845846847 84884985085185789794713471847 > Last »
Up