ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 349 of 2690
« First < 249299339345346347348349 3503513523533593994498491349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:25 PM 07-31-2017
We deserve this.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:25 PM 07-31-2017
Nice planes JDKinman. RVs are a blast to fly...
[Reply]
JDKinman 10:47 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Do stay here awhile, JDKinsman, especially since Tigger has been banned from this thread.
Meh, I ignore the insults. I was around in KC for the Bono/Schottenheimer days. No matter how well the regular season went, you just knew it was all going to go to hell in a handbasket in the playoffs.

NOW. . . NOW, finally, the missing pieces and chemistry are here and developing. And I'm just happy that one of those pieces is from my alma mater.

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Nice planes JDKinman. RVs are a blast to fly...
Sold the RV8--wives tend not to like tandem seat aircraft on long xcountry trips. :-) And Cessna 172's are too slow and too limited in decent service ceilings. We'll always keep the Skyhawk (grandkids love going on trips), but the RV9 is going to be our "ultimate" xcountry machine into our retirement years. Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G5 backup, Garmin GTN750 nav/com and fully synced auto-pilot.

Now that we have a quarterback in Kansas City, I want to start making some trips to Arrowhead via the downtown (KMKC) airport!

JD
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:51 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Meh, I ignore the insults. I was around in KC for the Bono/Schottenheimer days. No matter how well the regular season went, you just knew it was all going to go to hell in a handbasket in the playoffs.

NOW. . . NOW, finally, the missing pieces and chemistry are here and developing. And I'm just happy that one of those pieces is from my alma mater.

Sold the RV8--wives tend not to like tandem seat aircraft on long xcountry trips. :-) And Cessna 172's are too slow and too limited in decent service ceilings. We'll always keep the Skyhawk (grandkids love going on trips), but the RV9 is going to be our "ultimate" xcountry machine into our retirement years. Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G5 backup, Garmin GTN750 nav/com and fully synced auto-pilot.

Now that we have a quarterback in Kansas City, I want to start making some trips to Arrowhead via the downtown (KMKC) airport!

JD
I've taken a jetprop, a Baron and a beechjet into kmkc many of times. That's going to be a fantastic glass panel for the 9... What motor you considering?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 PM 07-31-2017
True fans are out in force on my page, claiming Mahomes talent won't meant shit if "we don't have an OL."

:-)

How soon they will learn the QB makes the OL and not the other way around.
[Reply]
JDKinman 11:10 PM 07-31-2017
I've taken a jetprop, a Baron and a beechjet into kmkc many of times. That's going to be a fantastic glass panel for the 9... What motor you considering?
Got a new Lycoming 0320, 160 hp. Just got the exhaust back from having it ceramic coated. New Catto three-blade composite prop will be pushing the air for me.

Have never flown into MKC. I used to work at 8th & Washington and watch the planes land and take off from there all day. Flown into Johnson County Executive and Lees Summit, but never the downtown airport.

Gonna change that now--and can't wait to do it. There is no place like Kansas City on a Saturday before a home Chiefs game at Arrowhead.

JD
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:12 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Got a new Lycoming 0320, 160 hp. Just got the exhaust back from having it ceramic coated. New Catto three-blade composite prop will be pushing the air for me.

Have never flown into MKC. I used to work at 8th & Washington and watch the planes land and take off from there all day. Flown into Johnson County Executive and Lees Summit, but never the downtown airport.

Gonna change that now--and can't wait to do it. There is no place like Kansas City on a Saturday before a home Chiefs game at Arrowhead.

JD
Lots of towers south of the river. But vfr isn't and issue. Climb gradiants for us turbine guys are, Gotta make sure we can get out of there singke engine.

That O320 is a work horse. You will cruise quickly with that setup...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:24 PM 07-31-2017
my god that arm strength...opposite hash...

[Reply]
JDKinman 11:27 PM 07-31-2017
Lots of towers south of the river. But vfr isn't and issue. Climb gradiants for us turbine guys are, Gotta make sure we can get out of there singke engine.

That O320 is a work horse. You will cruise quickly with that setup...
Yeah, at gross the bird will climb right at just under 1500 fpm and do it at an honest 120 knots. If the wife decides to stay here in Texas, then I can climb at just under 2000 fpm. And in the fall with that nice thick and cool NW Missouri air. . .Oh, yeah.

I generally file IFR on anything longer than an hour away from the home airpatch and the departure procedures for MKC seem to be pretty straight forward.

I'm just looking forward to the trip from the DFW area up to Kansas City only taking me just under 2.5 hours instead of the four hours, not including the fuel and rest stop in Oklahoma that I'm used to in the 172.

It is good to be excited about Chiefs football again. It's been long overdue.

JD
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:29 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
True fans are out in force on my page, claiming Mahomes talent won't meant shit if "we don't have an OL."

:-)

How soon they will learn the QB makes the OL and not the other way around.
Well, they have a point.
Mahomes was at it his finest in college with a clean pocket completing 82% of his passes. 2nd best in CFB last year. If he's got an open target streaking down the field and a clean pocket with it, the kid is the best on the roster to do it. The question is...how will he handle pressure when it comes at him? That will certainly make or break a game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:29 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
my god that arm strength...opposite hash...

the first throw was just as impressive, given the coverage.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:30 PM 07-31-2017
Do stay here awhile, JDKinsman, especially since Tigger has been banned from this thread.
:-) did you even read the comments above yours?
[Reply]
stumppy 11:43 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
the first throw was just as impressive, given the coverage.
He was almost flat footed when he threw that. Damn impressive.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 07-31-2017, 11:47 PM
This message has been deleted by L.A. Chieffan.
RealSNR 12:48 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
:-) did you even read the comments above yours?
I knew it was too good to be true.

Does this mean you're going to keep your comments Mahomes-centric?
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:11 AM 08-01-2017
I knew it was too good to be true.

Does this mean you're going to keep your comments Mahomes-centric?
we all know the definition of insanity :-)
[Reply]
Page 349 of 2690
« First < 249299339345346347348349 3503513523533593994498491349 > Last »
Up