ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1475 of 4898
« First < 47597513751425146514711472147314741475 147614771478147914851525157519752475 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:36 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Cousins/Keenum + Nelson or Barkley would make Denver a better team in 2018 than a rookie QB would. I just don't think it would be good enough to go up against the Steelers, Pats, Texans, and Jax in the playoffs.

If we hit on the rookie QB though it wouldn't be a stretch to see him being just as good, if not better than Cousins in year 2 or 3. Also, you could use that $20-$30M that would've went to Cousins/Keenum to beef up the OL and other holes.
We have had to wait 2 years already. John isn't in the mood to wait around for 48 years like other franchises who will go nameless yet know who they are as they are still looking to next year after 2 big trades.

If you draft a QB at 5 he still has to play behind our terrible OL which needs a RT and an upgrade at G though I guess McGovern could beat out Garcia this year but McGovern isn't probably going to have the ceiling of Nelson. We would have to use a 2nd or 3rd on a RT. If the best player in the draft is a G and he is slam dunk to be a HOF player then take him. Don't burn a top 5 pick based on need, especially if you are getting the 3rd QB off the board.

I am all for spending the money on Cousin's for the next 5-6 years. No growing pains, no busting out. Only thing to worry about is his health and that could be said for anyone. We don't need to spend any big money on anyone else in FA, maybe a young WR like Richardson would be nice if they trade Sanders but it is sounding more and more like Sanders is staying.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:49 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Exactly.

You can win with young QB's. Wilson, Kaep, Luck, Wentz, Goff, Dak, and Mariota have proven it. You just have to hit.

If Denver hits on a young QB they'd be in a much better spot than they would be with Cousins. It's riskier, but the potential upside is worth it, IMO.
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Of the QBs you listed, only Wilson and Wentz have won SBs and Wentz was injured and didn't even play in the SB so he doesn't really count.
I'm really going to enjoy watching you two pine for "being as good as the Raiders" for the next 5 to 10 years.
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:10 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
We have had to wait 2 years already. John isn't in the mood to wait around for 48 years like other franchises who will go nameless yet know who they are as they are still looking to next year after 2 big trades.

If you draft a QB at 5 he still has to play behind our terrible OL which needs a RT and an upgrade at G though I guess McGovern could beat out Garcia this year but McGovern isn't probably going to have the ceiling of Nelson. We would have to use a 2nd or 3rd on a RT. If the best player in the draft is a G and he is slam dunk to be a HOF player then take him. Don't burn a top 5 pick based on need, especially if you are getting the 3rd QB off the board.

I am all for spending the money on Cousin's for the next 5-6 years. No growing pains, no busting out. Only thing to worry about is his health and that could be said for anyone. We don't need to spend any big money on anyone else in FA, maybe a young WR like Richardson would be nice if they trade Sanders but it is sounding more and more like Sanders is staying.
Though he wasn’t drafted by Denver, John Elway was developed by Denver and the Broncos would have never won shit without him.

Kirk Cousins is not Peyton Manning and his price tag will weigh the Broncos down. You’re already rumored to get rid of Talib and Wolfe as well which will only make your defense weaker.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:18 PM 02-27-2018
Wolfe isn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 09:46 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
I'm really going to enjoy watching you two pine for "being as good as the Raiders" for the next 5 to 10 years.
I for one enjoyed winning SB50 and the 2 weeks leading up to SB48.

48 years and counting.

I can live with a SB or two every 10 years.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 09:54 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Though he wasn’t drafted by Denver, John Elway was developed by Denver and the Broncos would have never won shit without him.

Kirk Cousins is not Peyton Manning and his price tag will weigh the Broncos down. You’re already rumored to get rid of Talib and Wolfe as well which will only make your defense weaker.
If Wolfe goes it because he is given an Injury settlement, he was vastly underpaid his deal is team friendly.

I don't disagree about John but he was a generational player, none of the QB's in this years class are slam dunks and I heard a couple guys say on ESPN NFL Insiders that they are probably over rated when compared to other draft classes.

Cousin's hasn't had the teams around him to win with that Manning or Brady had. This years SB proved that you need a complete team to win a SB and not just one guy. Brady out played Foles stat wise and still lost. It is the team that counts. John has managed big cap hits before going to 2 SB's with the highest paid QB at the time of his signing.

I would be happy if Cousin's came in and threw for over 4k yards and threw twice as many TD's as INT's. Even without Talib who is due to slip any year now due to age. Harris and Roby are still a very good CB team. I hate PFF rankings but Harris is one of their top ranked CB's.

I just hope our coaching staff learns how to win the NFL. They didn't have a QB last year but they had some head scratchers. No identity on O despite the talk of being run oriented then suddenly playing a bunch of zone during a losing streak when the D is built to be Man. Hopefully all the guys they lost to the IR come back and contribute and stay healthy and that makes a difference.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:03 PM 02-27-2018

48 years and counting.

Bet you also enjoyed all of the cheating fines that led up to those SBs. Too bad HGH retired or we would have seen an even bigger fine than years prior.

nom nom cheating fines nom nom
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:26 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
To be fair, when you have the #5 pick there is never a clear cut answer at QB. The only time that happens is once a decade or so for the team with the #1 overall pick that year.
Ha... I’m saying the jury is out really on this group of QBs.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:31 AM 02-28-2018

48 years and counting.

:-) enjoyed that rigged super bowl for Manning huh? We know what Denver really is when the NFL doesn’t step in...that’s 43-8
[Reply]
RunKC 01:11 PM 02-28-2018
Vance Joseph is discussing Garrett Bolles moving to RT :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Vance Joseph is discussing Garrett Bolles moving to RT :-)
Meh. He has the look and style of a Neanderthal so might as well put him at RT where his Neanderthalic attributes will be put to the best use.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 02-28-2018
Broncos apparently trading for Su'a Cravens.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:57 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Broncos apparently trading for Su'a Cravens.
Another quitter with concussion issues
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 02-28-2018
“The Broncos could surrender as much as a second-round pick to acquire Cravens, per reports.“

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:00 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“The Broncos could surrender as much as a second-round pick to acquire Cravens, per reports.“

Good lord. Seriously doubt it'll be anything more than a 5th.
[Reply]
Page 1475 of 4898
« First < 47597513751425146514711472147314741475 147614771478147914851525157519752475 > Last »
Up