ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 525 of 1210
« First < 25425475515521522523524525 5265275285295355756251025 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:04 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I grew up in New England near the coast, so I LOVE seafood from home.

One of my favorites is swordfish, but my favorite recipe for it is a southern one. Well, at least that's what my Southern Cooking book claims it is.

Cilantro-Lime-Cumin Swordfish, with cilantro, lime zest and pinch of cumin butter which was chilled for a few hours.
Brown rice cooked in chicken broth, diced onion and carrots. A side of roasted mixed summer vegetables in olive oil.
Also had a simple baby romaine green salad. No picture of salad. You've seen mine dozens of times already.

Mandarin orange iced tea. No beer for me today, even if it was hot as hell here.

Bowl of really good sweet cherries.
If I could eat nothing but swordfish, I would

Pricey though
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:05 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
If I could eat nothing but swordfish, I would

Pricey though
Yep, it sure is. Today was a special day and I didn't have to pay for it, even if I had to cook it.

Surrounded by meat-eating, meat-loving Mid Westerners.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:06 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How is your smoker so clean?
Probably because it's new.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:10 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Made Tortellini for the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicely done! Very elegant looking too. You do know how to plate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 PM 05-14-2017

One of my favorites is swordfish, but my favorite recipe for it is a southern one. Well, at least that's what my Southern Cooking book claims it is.

Cilantro-Lime-Cumin Swordfish, with cilantro, lime zest and pinch of cumin butter which was chilled for a few hours.
Brown rice cooked in chicken broth, diced onion and carrots. A side of roasted mixed summer vegetables in olive oil.
Also had a simple baby romaine green salad. No picture of salad. You've seen mine dozens of times already.

Mandarin orange iced tea. No beer for me today, even if it was hot as hell here.

Looks good BEP
[Reply]
In58men 09:27 PM 05-14-2017
Nicely done! Very elegant looking too. You do know how to plate.
Thank you BEP
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:04 PM 05-14-2017

I'm from the coast too, and don't miss it at all. Now the food is awesome, you don't need to live there to get it anymore.

But yeah, swordfish is awesome.

Funny story.. I had a GF in Charleston, SC make it for me in a George Forman grill, and it was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:12 PM 05-14-2017
I wanna eat at bep house
[Reply]
scho63 01:27 AM 05-15-2017
Made Tortellini for the wife.

Sauced perfectly! :-)

Well done sir!

[Reply]
tooge 07:01 AM 05-15-2017
Made glazed fruit loops for the wife.

FYP
[Reply]
Sorce 07:14 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How is your smoker so clean?
It's new, this was my first smoke on this one other than seasoning.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:23 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm from the coast too, and don't miss it at all. Now the food is awesome, you don't need to live there to get it anymore.

But yeah, swordfish is awesome.

Funny story.. I had a GF in Charleston, SC make it for me in a George Forman grill, and it was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
New England coast beats SC's coast, imo. Best fish is from the northeast, imo, but I am biased there too. I am not that crazy about warm water fish, except for shrimp or fish from the Pacific either. There's nothing better than getting fresh fish once it's caught buying it off the docks—not that I can get that here. But yes, you can get it most anywhere now, which is why I could have it yesterday.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:22 AM 05-15-2017
New England coast beats SC's coast, imo. Best fish is from the northeast, imo, but I am biased there too. I am not that crazy about warm water fish, except for shrimp or fish from the Pacific either. There's nothing better than getting fresh fish once it's caught buying it off the docks—not that I can get that here. But yes, you can get it most anywhere now, which is why I could have it yesterday.
Well I guess it's good that I'm from Va. Beach then. :-) You know, the place with the rocks that prove global warming is a hoax.. :-)

Anyway, I've "lived" from as far north as Groton, CT to Charleston, SC, and I don't disagree, everything is better when it's in a colder climate.

I know my brother has worked on fishing boats from as far north as Gloucester, MA to as far south as Wanchese, NC, and he agrees that fishing, and fish, is better when they catch it from the cold.

But yes, that only applies for fish that are able to be compared.

But I love me some Chesbay oysters!!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:37 AM 05-15-2017
Well I guess it's good that I'm from Va. Beach then. :-) You know, the place with the rocks that prove global warming is a hoax.. :-)

Anyway, I've "lived" from as far north as Groton, CT to Charleston, SC, and I don't disagree, everything is better when it's in a colder climate.

I know my brother has worked on fishing boats from as far north as Gloucester, MA to as far south as Wanchese, NC, and he agrees that fishing, and fish, is better when they catch it from the cold.

But yes, that only applies for fish that are able to be compared.

Oh yeah, I forgot about oysters. Guess I should make an exception for shell fish and say it's just southern white fish. ( I don't like abalone though.) I do like grouper. It's just not at the top of my list for favorites. It's more, I will eat it. Had it first in Bermuda.

The very best is at my brother's in Maine, where he just gets it from a market right on the dock. Can still smell the brine of the ocean. Can't beat the lobster either...and it's not expensive there either.
[Reply]
scho63 09:07 AM 05-15-2017
Rappahannock Oysters are awesome! :-)

https://www.rroysters.com/restaurants
[Reply]
Page 525 of 1210
« First < 25425475515521522523524525 5265275285295355756251025 > Last »
Up