ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:03 PM 12-15-2021
I will admit I don’t get water fasting. Wouldn’t a juice and water fast be better for your body?
Just vegetables and vitamins in the juice. Just coffee and water. :-):-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Do you intermittent fast all the time or just when you're trying to lose a few pounds? I've read some good things about it, but haven't ever tried it.
All the time but it's not everyday. I lift weights at 5 am, four days per week. On those days I have a protein shake around 6:30 when I get home. On the days I am not lifting, I fast until 12 or 1 and that's year round.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:07 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
You're right but fasting isn't quite psuedoscience.

Right now for me it's drastic times call for drastic measures.

During my 12 1/2 hr shifts, Amazon has been bringing in tons of free shit food and I'm guilty as fuck for stuffing my face with bad free shit.

No one to blame but myself......
I honestly think you'd flourish on intermittent fasting every day. Just give yourself the same 8 hour window to eat. Even on days where you eat junk, you'll be limited in total calories just from feeling pretty full through youe whole 8 hour window that you'll be eating less calories overall.

My lipid panel is out of this world beautiful and I think a lot of it has to do with intermittent fasting, as my number in my mid 30's are better than in my early 20's.
[Reply]
notorious 09:13 PM 12-15-2021
It's kind of messed up, but a lot of days I won't eat until dinner, but physically work my tail off all day.

I have plenty of energy when I don't eat. When I do I get tired.

Am I diabetic?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:34 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
All the time but it's not everyday. I lift weights at 5 am, four days per week. On those days I have a protein shake around 6:30 when I get home. On the days I am not lifting, I fast until 12 or 1 and that's year round.
So, like a 16/8 thing? I've read that apparently most people gravitate towards that, which seems pretty sustainable.

I've pretty much gone from years of eating whatever the hell I wanted without gaining much or any weight ("serves a family of 4" are just words) to the dreaded skinny-fat, to some years of off-and-on keto.... and in the past couple years, settling into foot and exercise habits that are much more sustainable.

I tracked calories pretty religiously for a while to lose some gut (including knowing whenever I was drinking 400 calories in a 15% stout) and now feel pretty terrible when I reach the same levels of eating as just a couple years ago.... didn't even think I ate a ton on Thanksgiving (had a decent amount to drink though) and felt like I was dying for hours after.

tl;dr ....moderation and sustainability has worked wonders.
[Reply]
scho63 09:35 PM 12-15-2021
I honestly think you'd flourish on intermittent fasting every day. Just give yourself the same 8 hour window to eat. Even on days where you eat junk, you'll be limited in total calories just from feeling pretty full through youe whole 8 hour window that you'll be eating less calories overall.

My lipid panel is out of this world beautiful and I think a lot of it has to do with intermittent fasting, as my number in my mid 30's are better than in my early 20's.
Ironically, my blood panel is great too aside from my sugar being too high. A big reason I'm getting back on the horse.

I tried intermittent fasting but I get too hungry and overeat when I eat. I eat big meals, too big.

I need to snack on things like carrots, cucumbers, pickles and other low/no calories things to keep myself full. I also rarely eat breakfast, my least favorite meal by a mile. I hate eggs so that makes breakfast full of things like English muffin, bacon and other shitty stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:02 PM 12-15-2021
So, like a 16/8 thing? I've read that apparently most people gravitate towards that, which seems pretty sustainable.

I've pretty much gone from years of eating whatever the hell I wanted without gaining much or any weight ("serves a family of 4" are just words) to the dreaded skinny-fat, to some years of off-and-on keto.... and in the past couple years, settling into foot and exercise habits that are much more sustainable.

I tracked calories pretty religiously for a while to lose some gut (including knowing whenever I was drinking 400 calories in a 15% stout) and now feel pretty terrible when I reach the same levels of eating as just a couple years ago.... didn't even think I ate a ton on Thanksgiving (had a decent amount to drink though) and felt like I was dying for hours after.

I started intermittent fasting 11 years ago out of convenience in graduate school. Between the classes and practicum hours, I just didn't have the time to worry about eating in the mornings.

So yes, my feeding window is noon-8 on days I don't lift. On days I lift I have a protein shake after working out at 6:30 and then don't eat again until noon.

I get the same terrible feeling if I over eat too. So I definitely always keep portion size pretty appropriate.
[Reply]
Fish 02:08 AM 12-16-2021
I do OMAD 5/7 days of the week. Really works for me. Very convenient. Those days I typically don't eat anything until ~6-7pm.
[Reply]
2112 03:03 AM 12-16-2021

I ate and drank too much starting the Sunday before thanksgiving and it had lingering effects. I ate too much on thanksgiving and then I traveled and drank too much the week after. I felt like shit.

So I basically had to reset my body. I fasted for 72 hours and then I’d eat breakfast at 11am and a late lunch at 3pm and that’s it until the next day same timetable. I’m also doing fasted cardio before I eat breakfast and holy fuck do I feel better and my pants are looser in a week.

Everybody should know their own body and what works best for them.

Lewdog has some good advice in this thread lol
[Reply]
scho63 06:38 AM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
And there it is.......:-)

One size DOESN'T fit all.

At the end of the day it's really a simple thing: burn more calories everyday than you consume. :-)

Just not so simple to follow.........
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:01 AM 12-16-2021
During my 12 1/2 hr shifts, Amazon has been bringing in tons of free shit food and I'm guilty as fuck for stuffing my face with bad free shit.

No one to blame but myself......
I tried intermittent fasting but I get too hungry and overeat when I eat. I eat big meals, too big.
This is what I was getting at with the lack of discipline.

I mean, clearly you have some sort of discipline if you can go a week or month or whatever without eating anything at all. The problem seems to lie in when you do eat. Probably stems from a lifetime of bad eating habits pounded into American culture. You eat too much and eat too much of the wrong shit.

I think you'd be better served restricting your calories. Something as small as a 200-600 calorie deficit could see you lose 40 pounds or so in a year at your size. That makes it much easier to go back to a more normal diet once you've shed the weight. It's a good long-term solution.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:30 PM 12-16-2021
Yes. Have you ever heard of pseudoscience?

Prolonged fasting is not needed and can be dangerous when other proven methods provide better and safer outcomes.

Why is it always really fat people trying this stuff instead of just eating better and exercising?
Call it what you want but long term fasting has its uses. I don't believe anyone in the documentary I posted is using long term fasting for weight loss. I first used long term fasting for a medical issue I had in my late twenties and that issue went away after a 7 day fast. I ate healthy and went to the gym often and this pseudoscience science as you call it helped me.

I do think eating healthier and exercising is a better option for weight loss long term. Probably more of a habit that is developed to sustain a good weight.

It could also be said that people should use a method that motivates them and in this case a long term fast has motivated scho. If that gets the ball rolling for him then that is a good thing. If eating healthy and exercising was an easy option then America wouldn't have an obesity issue. Obese people are told all the time they should eat healthy and exercise yet they continue to stay obese. Easy for some but not for others.

I'm not fat/obese and I do a 7-10 day water fast every year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:50 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:

I think the caveats in this thread have centered around "you don't know what you don't know", and while something might be effective for your immediate goal and make you feel great, you could be putting unnecessary strain on your body as a whole or increasing risk of bad things happening, etc.

Of course, people can and will do whatever they feel is best for them and shouldn't just listen to people on a football message board anyway.... but, "it works for me" isn't always "it's the healthiest choice for me" or the must sustainable, etc.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:11 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Good work. I think I'd lose my mind doing that during the playoffs.
I'd shit my pants by day 3.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Call it what you want but long term fasting has its uses.
I don't think any here are arguing that fasting isn't beneficial. The issue here seems to be the length of the fast.

I am not qualified to speak on it, but what does a 10-day fast do for you that a 3-day fast wouldn't?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up