ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
mabbott 04:48 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A complete fast like this is not sustainable. You're overweight now because you lack discipline, which is fine because most of us do, but you're relying on this method to shed weight quickly then you'll go back to your normal lifestyle. Rinse and repeat.

This is another form of a crash diet.

Why not just restrict your calories? That's sustainable. If you enjoy the benefits of fasting, why not do an intermittent fast? You can remain in ketosis and still eat food.
Additionally, most people eat poorly because they have established a pattern of eating poorly. If you were to eat a better diet and stick to it, you wouldn't have the ups and downs with weight.

Many people struggle with weight because they deal address emotional issues with food. So food becomes the drug of choice and makes them "feel" worse which leads to weight game and then feeling worse.
[Reply]
scho63 07:39 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
FFS. :-)

This isn't real. No one can post about how unhealthy they've been for two years, but wanting to reverse it all in a way where you have to live a sedentary life for a while because exercise can "destroy your heart" much less whatever other strain on the body in what amounts to a 200 pound cycle in 3 years...... and then judge someone else for eating food.

You pretty much misinterpreted everything I posted along with ThaVirus. I NEVER mocked anybody for eating food.

I put on weight due to a completely poor work environment, over eating good food, and COVID killing gyms.

I'm not doing this fast to lose some weight quick and go back to a bad lifestyle. I'm doing this so I get pressure off all my joints and body plus reduce all the bloat.

Once the first 20-25 pounds are gone I will be able to go back to the gym for aerobic exercise first. Once I come off the fast and keep to a low calorie diet, I'll start taking in protein so any muscle will have the ability to repair itself after using weights again.

I lost 90 pounds in 2017 and kept it off for nearly 3 years until COVID and a poor work schedule crushed me.

I know what works for my body and I'll repeat the success I had in 2017.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:41 PM 12-15-2021
One time I didn't drink alcohol for about 9 days.
[Reply]
scho63 07:49 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How'd that work out for ya? :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 07:51 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A complete fast like this is not sustainable. You're overweight now because you lack discipline, which is fine because most of us do, but you're relying on this method to shed weight quickly then you'll go back to your normal lifestyle. Rinse and repeat.

This is another form of a crash diet.

Why not just restrict your calories? That's sustainable. If you enjoy the benefits of fasting, why not do an intermittent fast? You can remain in ketosis and still eat food.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I enjoy the mental aspect of water fasting. I really does clear the mind and heighten the senses (smell/sight/thought). During one 7 day fast I kept having vivid night dreams about KFC. I rarely eat KFC but I was dreaming about the store down to how the tile was laid out. Also, how the food smelled, what I would order, and who I'd invite to join me in the KFC dining room. :-)

I think what Scho is doing might be tougher. The documentary talks about studies on how it's easier to go on a 0 calorie fast versus a very restricted low calorie diet/fast.
[Reply]
scho63 07:57 PM 12-15-2021
Ironically, something that has a bad reputation is helping me suppress my appetite: cigars.

I smoke a couple cigarillos at lunch and two full cigars when I get home out on the porch. The nicotine releases dopamine and helps reduce food cravings and hunger.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:05 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'M FASTING MY WAY TO LJS!!
I’ll take a platter and a Coke Zero, TIA!
[Reply]
Eureka 08:08 PM 12-15-2021
I just put up a good link for the original documentary, in the original post that I posted if anyone is interested in watching it. Very good stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 PM 12-15-2021
It would be better just to eat less, exercise and do intermittent fasting instead.

Just for anyone's information.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:29 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It would be better just to eat less, exercise and do intermittent fasting instead.

Did you watch the documentary?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Did you watch the documentary?
Yes. Have you ever heard of pseudoscience?

Prolonged fasting is not needed and can be dangerous when other proven methods provide better and safer outcomes.

Why is it always really fat people trying this stuff instead of just eating better and exercising?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:35 PM 12-15-2021

Do you intermittent fast all the time or just when you're trying to lose a few pounds? I've read some good things about it, but haven't ever tried it.
[Reply]
scho63 08:39 PM 12-15-2021
Yes. Have you ever heard of pseudoscience?

Prolonged fasting is not needed and can be dangerous when other proven methods provide better and safer outcomes.

Why is it always really fat people trying this stuff instead of just eating better and exercising?
You're right but fasting isn't quite psuedoscience.

Right now for me it's drastic times call for drastic measures.

During my 12 1/2 hr shifts, Amazon has been bringing in tons of free shit food and I'm guilty as fuck for stuffing my face with bad free shit.

No one to blame but myself......
[Reply]
scho63 08:42 PM 12-15-2021
I also realize if I lose 100-110 pounds like I want by end of 2022 and I go back to eating 4,000 calorie meals once again, I'll be a fat fuck again.

At 58 I'm running out of time to get my health under control.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:59 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Now THATS what I call fasting!:-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up