ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
scho63 05:35 PM 03-04-2021
I restarted my water/decaf coffee/Gatorade Zero/powerade zero fast on Sunday night Feb 28th.

I stopped after losing all the family members as I didn't want to add emotional stress on top of mental and physical stress I would be subjecting myself to.

I've had no desire for food except Wednesday around lunchtime and a quart of Walmart's American Brand carbonated flavored water Tangerine/Mango ended that craving.

I'm down 18 pounds in 4 days, mostly gut waste and some water.

I'm feeling great, highly motivated and my feet and legs are thin with no swelling.

Sleep has been great with zero Acid reflux.

I'm going for 30 days no food and a minimum of 35-40 pound weight loss.

When I break the fast it will be with some vegetables and broth with a little white protein like a chicken or turkey breast.

The (4) cups of decaf each morning followed by 76 ounces of water/zero calorie drinks keep me flushing out any residual waste.

So far I feel fantastic, much less bloated and can bend further than before with no back pain.

I'm walking in neighborhood to get some cardio but no heavy stuff to sweat too much.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:19 PM 03-04-2021
Damn Scho 30 days! You can do it. Most don't realize its all mental power to go on a long fast.

Big props to you. Keep us updated. Watch the documentary for inspiration.
[Reply]
2112 07:00 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I restarted my water/decaf coffee/Gatorade Zero/powerade zero fast on Sunday night Feb 28th.

I stopped after losing all the family members as I didn't want to add emotional stress on top of mental and physical stress I would be subjecting myself to.

I've had no desire for food except Wednesday around lunchtime and a quart of Walmart's American Brand carbonated flavored water Tangerine/Mango ended that craving.

I'm feeling great, highly motivated and my feet and legs are thin with no swelling.

When I break the fast it will be with some vegetables and broth with a little white protein like a chicken or turkey breast.

The (4) cups of decaf each morning followed by 76 ounces of water/zero calorie drinks keep me flushing out any residual waste.

So far I feel fantastic, much less bloated and can bend further than before with no back pain.

I'm walking in neighborhood to get some cardio but no heavy stuff to sweat too much.
Good luck! I get a colonoscopy next week so I start my anti fiber diet tomorrow. Then liquid diet Wednesday prep day. Glad I only have to do this every five years.
[Reply]
In58men 07:19 PM 03-04-2021

Make sure you’re taking electrolytes brotha. I’m going to start OMAD on Monday and then no food after about 1 week. Listen to Ben Greenfield if you haven’t had the chance yet, he’s a smart man.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:54 PM 04-08-2021
In the middle of a 36-hour fast.

Dinner and drinks out tomorrow night and the parents are coming to town for at least 2 fatbody meals Saturday and Sunday, if not 3. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:59 PM 04-08-2021
I’ve been doing a 18/6 fasting routine for a week now.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:12 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
In the middle of a 36-hour fast.

Dinner and drinks out tomorrow night and the parents are coming to town for at least 2 fatbody meals Saturday and Sunday, if not 3. :-)
Good for you. You'll probably feel full right away if you try and eat a big meal but it's always give and take. After 36 hours that steak or whatever will taste great.

Wonder how Scho's fasting went. 30 days is on the long end of fasting which I will probably never attempt.
[Reply]
scho63 08:22 AM 12-15-2021
I started a non-food fast after Friday night and today is the 5th day without food.

Flavored water, Vitamin Water Zero, Bail Zero Calorie drinks, Gatorade Zero and Powerade Zero along with Decaf coffee at work with creamers. Only calories are the creamers.

I'm taking in between 120 and 180 calories a day. No exercise yet as I need to get at least 20-25 pounds off first. I also will only be doing aerobic when I start as you cannot tear muscle apart with weights when you are taking in no protein. You can destroy your heart and it will be a place that your body's cells want to get their protein from after you lift.

Went into Ketosis around Monday morning and feel incredible. The last two years I have packed on all the pounds I lost (90+/-) in mid-2017 plus a couple more. Heaviest I ever weighed. My health has been fucked up last 6 months.

I'm once again going to lose 90-110 pounds over the next 12 months.

Using this 21 day fast to rapidly lose 25+ pounds, increase my energy level by 50-75% and help relieve some of the stress this weight has put on my body. The aches and soreness have been brutal.

Took me 3-4 months of procrastinating and bitching at myself to finally get motivated.
[Reply]
wazu 09:05 AM 12-15-2021
I started a non-food fast after Friday night and today is the 5th day without food.

Flavored water, Vitamin Water Zero, Bail Zero Calorie drinks, Gatorade Zero and Powerade Zero along with Decaf coffee at work with creamers. Only calories are the creamers.

I'm taking in between 120 and 180 calories a day. No exercise yet as I need to get at least 20-25 pounds off first. I also will only be doing aerobic when I start as you cannot tear muscle apart with weights when you are taking in no protein. You can destroy your heart and it will be a place that your body's cells want to get their protein from after you lift.

Went into Ketosis around Monday morning and feel incredible. The last two years I have packed on all the pounds I lost (90+/-) in mid-2017 plus a couple more. Heaviest I ever weighed. My health has been fucked up last 6 months.

Using this 21 day fast to rapidly lose 25+ pounds, increase my energy level by 50-75% and help relieve some of the stress this weight has put on my body. The aches and soreness have been brutal.

Took me 3-4 months of procrastinating and bitching at myself to finally get motivated.
Awesome, man. Sounds like you've done this before and know the playbook that works for you. Keep it up and look forward to hearing more of the success story as you go.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:43 AM 12-15-2021
I'M FASTING MY WAY TO LJS!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:30 AM 12-15-2021

I don’t really see how this is different from a crash diet..
[Reply]
scho63 01:11 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don’t really see how this is different from a crash diet..
You eat food on a diet :-)
[Reply]
scho63 01:11 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Awesome, man. Sounds like you've done this before and know the playbook that works for you. Keep it up and look forward to hearing more of the success story as you go.
Thank you very much.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:46 PM 12-15-2021
FFS. :-)

This isn't real. No one can post about how unhealthy they've been for two years, but wanting to reverse it all in a way where you have to live a sedentary life for a while because exercise can "destroy your heart" much less whatever other strain on the body in what amounts to a 200 pound cycle in 3 years...... and then judge someone else for eating food.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:33 PM 12-15-2021
A complete fast like this is not sustainable. You're overweight now because you lack discipline, which is fine because most of us do, but you're relying on this method to shed weight quickly then you'll go back to your normal lifestyle. Rinse and repeat.

This is another form of a crash diet.

Why not just restrict your calories? That's sustainable. If you enjoy the benefits of fasting, why not do an intermittent fast? You can remain in ketosis and still eat food.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up