ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
scho63 01:06 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Thanks Scho. I was just curious, I’m not considering going that route. Doesn’t make sense for me but I wish you the best with it.
Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:33 AM 02-14-2021
This guy runs a medically supervised fasting clinic and knows all the criteria about fasting .

It's a really great listen if you're interested.

https://www.truenorthhealthfoundation.org/
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:35 PM 02-14-2021
America. The only country where going to bed on an empty stomach is grounds for applause.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:43 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
America. The only country where going to bed on an empty stomach is grounds for applause.
This actually isn't true.

The roots of fasting were planted in many foreign religious cultures.

Hindus and Muslims were fasting long before America was a thing.
[Reply]
philfree 03:53 PM 02-14-2021
I did an 8 hour fast starting last night and then I ended it this morning with some biscuits & gravy and a couple eggs over medium with a little hot sauce. It was yummy.

Wouldn't some of you guys like some biscuits & gravy?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:56 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
I did an 8 hour fast starting last night
You're doing it wrong.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:56 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This actually isn't true.

The roots of fasting were planted in many foreign religious cultures.

Hindus and Muslims were fasting long before America was a thing.
Ok. I amend my previous statement to say outside of religion.

I like food too much.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:00 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Jesus did it regular. He turned out OK.
Buddha fasted a lot too when he was younger, and look how fat he turned out.

Jesus may have turned into a fat old shlub.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:03 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Watched that documentary and it was very interesting. He ended up gaining all his weight back over a few years.
I lost 50 lbs in one semester in college by becoming anorexic basically. Ever since it's really really hard for me to lose and easy to gain. I think it permanently fucked up my metabolism.
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:05 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Buddha fasted a lot too when he was younger, and look how fat he turned out.

Jesus may have turned into a fat old shlub.
A 350 pound Jesus would certainly add something to his story.
[Reply]
philfree 04:17 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're doing it wrong.
You sure? I mean wouldn't you love some biscuits and gravy?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:22 PM 02-14-2021
You sure? I mean wouldn't you love some biscuits and gravy?
Fingers in Ears

Shuddup
Shuddup
[Reply]
DCTwister 06:45 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I lost 50 lbs in one semester in college by becoming anorexic basically. Ever since it's really really hard for me to lose and easy to gain. I think it permanently ****ed up my metabolism.
Yep, more than likely you burned a lot of muscle mass and that lowered your metabolism. Probably best to hit the weight room and build back up.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:21 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
:-) Good point Diddy.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:18 PM 02-14-2021
I did an 8 hour fast starting last night and then I ended it this morning with some biscuits & gravy and a couple eggs over medium with a little hot sauce. It was yummy.

Wouldn't some of you guys like some biscuits & gravy?
Now that's breaking your fast right!!!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up