ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2019-2020 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
dlphg9 09:50 AM 11-06-2019
So since no one else is going to start this thread I guess I will. We have a few new players that hopefully can contribute big time. This year's incoming class is led by 4 star recruit Tray Jackson, a 6' 8" PF, that was ranked as the number 84 recruit in the nation. Included in the class are two 3 star recruits Mario McKinney and Kobe Brown.

Coming off a disappointing 2018-2019 season in which they went 15-17, but lost the best player on the team before the season started, hopefully they can get back to the NCAA tourney again and maybe win a couple games. This is a big year for Martin and hopefully this is the year everything comes together.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 02-04-2020
Time to go out and hire another alum. We should try to find a guy that coaches D2. It worked out really well last time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:41 AM 02-05-2020
It's becoming increasingly clear that Cuonzo isn't the guy, which sucks, because I think he's a good person.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:00 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's becoming increasingly clear that Cuonzo isn't the guy, which sucks, because I think he's a good person.
How soon before the university realizes Sterk isn't the guy either. Martin turned out to be a shit hire and he almost flubbed the football hire.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:02 PM 02-05-2020
Maybe the best moment of signing day was the reaction of Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz to the commitment of cornerback Ennis Rakestraw. The joyous, emotional reaction was well-earned. After a strong senior season, Rakestraw had emerged as target for the in-state Longhorns and the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide. Most predictions were a combination of those two schools, but Rakestraw surprised even his future coach by picking the Tigers and putting a positive spin on Drinkwitz's first class
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:51 PM 02-18-2020
MU is playing pretty good right now. Crickets in here.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:51 PM 02-18-2020
Braun is growing on me. He was really good tonight. Most of the team played pretty well.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:14 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Braun is growing on me. He was really good tonight. Most of the team played pretty well.
He's improved more in the last two weeks than Tillmon has in 3 years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:48 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Unfortunately, it's still college basketball, which is largely a garbage product.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:50 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Unfortunately, it's still college basketball, which is largely a garbage product.
You're largely a garbage product man!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:52 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're largely a garbage product man!
true, although that Super Bowl was good eats.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:23 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Most people were fairly distracted until about 2 weeks ago and now the season is almost over. Hard to invest in a bad team that's going nowhere.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:59 PM 02-19-2020
I'd like to think the improved play carries over to next year, but what happens if Pinson and/or Tilmon leave early? It's not like we have incoming players to make up for their loss. We don't win the last 2 games without Pinson. Watson should probably find a mid major to transfer to because he's turned into a complete waste of a scholarship.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:55 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'd like to think the improved play carries over to next year, but what happens if Pinson and/or Tilmon leave early? It's not like we have incoming players to make up for their loss. We don't win the last 2 games without Pinson. Watson should probably find a mid major to transfer to because he's turned into a complete waste of a scholarship.
I’m not sure we’ll notice if Tillman leaves early.
[Reply]
blake5676 02:07 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I’m not sure we’ll notice if Tillman leaves early.
If you'd have told me we'd be a better team WITHOUT Tilmon at any point in the last few years, I'd have called you crazy.

Dude sucks, hasn't improved at anything, and we're more fun to watch without him. He's a bum.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:10 PM 02-19-2020
Went to the game last night.

Xavier Pinson is a revelation. He could seriously be an all american next season.

Parker Braun is very athletic, and is starting to eat into Tray Jackson's minutes. Still would like to see Cuonzo give Jackson some more run and allow him to integrate himself into the flow of the team.

Good few games. This team, as they're playing right now, is a tournament team. It's too bad it took them this long to figure it out.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up