ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 39
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:58 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Matter of opinion, but I disagree. Spider-Man FFH and NWH were both on par with The Batman.

Personally, I didn't think The Suicide Squad was even all that good.

The MCU has been a bit weak since Endgame but that makes sense. They just wrapped up a 10 year saga. Most of these properties they're pumping out now are C-listers at best until they bring in X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Wow. You just linked an article showing The Batman, DC's most popular property, just crossed $700m. It's long run out of juice and won't sniff $1B.

Meanwhile Spider-Man: No Way Home nearly hit $2B lol

The Eternals and Shang-Chi both crossed the $400m mark. Literally no one even gives a shit about those characters and Batman couldn't even double their numbers.

You really think this measly $700m with DC's best ****ing character is proof of DC getting its shit together?

How about reviews? Would that show that fans liked it since you want to ignore The Batman is the highest-grossing show of the year in only 45 days of release?

Huge hit on Rotton Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman

Now it is killing it on HBO.

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-hbo-max-debut-numbers/

So yeah- my original post stating that DC looks to be on the uptrend as Disney is mired in "wokeness" stands.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:27 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
How about reviews? Would that show that fans liked it since you want to ignore The Batman is the highest-grossing show of the year in only 45 days of release?

Huge hit on Rotton Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman

Now it is killing it on HBO.

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-hbo-max-debut-numbers/

So yeah- my original post stating that DC looks to be on the uptrend as Disney is mired in "wokeness" stands.

The implication was that Disney is on the way down with its "wokeness" while DC is trending up because they know what the people really want (aka not being woke), which is hilarious because dipshits like you were crying about The Batman being woke with a black Commissioner Gordon, black Catwoman, and black mayor.

1. The Batman was a good, enjoyable movie.

2. Marvel is still shitting on DC.

3. You're an idiot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:45 PM 04-23-2022
The Dark Knight didn't age well, lol thats news to me... TDK set the bar for everyone in every universe, and everyone else is just swimming in its wake IMO
[Reply]
srvy 11:58 PM 04-23-2022
I didn't like this batman at all I almost gave up somewhere near the middle but stuck it out. They even made Alfred the Butler uninteresting. The Riddler was acted terribly no way anyone would have followed him for that ending.

Also could we have gotten any less a look at the batmobile? It must have been a real clown car since we didn't get a close look.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:15 AM 04-24-2022
I really liked the movie. Gritty feel and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:30 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The Dark Knight didn't age well, lol thats news to me... TDK set the bar for everyone in every universe, and everyone else is just swimming in its wake IMO
Yeah, The Dark Knight was a cinematic game changer in terms of blockbuster movies (regardless of its comic book/super hero genre). There is a reason its in the top 10 rated IMDB movies. So many movies have tried to emulate it over the years.

I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring choice but I wasn't prepared for him to give such a legendary/ iconic performance. His performance as the Joker was one for the ages.
Kudos to Christopher Nolan for letting Ledger go all out with that one. It absolutely sucks about his tragic death.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:55 AM 04-24-2022
I don’t normally complain about too many movies. I thought this was the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen ( I liked the campy 90s , flame away ). I too, was about to turn it off halfway through. Hated the riddler. Hated the “extras” at the end. Hated the end inside Arkham, setting up the sequel. Car scene with the penguin was okay, if not “magical” lol. Maybe it’s my middle-agedness, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just not into Emo-Batman.
If you liked it, great I’m glad you do. But I didn’t go in expecting much, and that’s what I got.

5/10.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:22 AM 04-24-2022
I liked it. I thought Pattinson was a really good choice for Batman.

No Batman will ever be as good as Nolan's versions, but this one tried and if Nolan didn't already do it, it would have been the best.

PS: the super unrealistic car chase scene where he jumped over the explosion... uhhh please stop doing this hollywood.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:54 AM 04-24-2022
If an actor's talent is judged by their transformative ability to make us only see the character and not the actor, I can't think of a finer performance than Heath Ledger's Joker.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:33 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I don’t normally complain about too many movies. I thought this was the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen ( I liked the campy 90s , flame away ). I too, was about to turn it off halfway through. Hated the riddler. Hated the “extras” at the end. Hated the end inside Arkham, setting up the sequel. Car scene with the penguin was okay, if not “magical” lol. Maybe it’s my middle-agedness, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just not into Emo-Batman.
If you liked it, great I’m glad you do. But I didn’t go in expecting much, and that’s what I got.

5/10.
Enjoy Batman Forever then I guess. :-)

or if that's not campy enough for you, there's always Batman & Robin
:-)

[Reply]
BWillie 09:36 AM 04-24-2022
I don't see how you could ever to the conclusion that a 12 year old movie such as this hasn't aged well. The TDK series set the bar for every dark/more realistic super hero movie after it.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:36 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If an actor's talent is judged by their transformative ability to make us only see the character and not the actor, I can't think of a finer performance than Heath Ledger's Joker.
^^^
THIS!
I was in utter shock at his performance when I first saw it opening day way back in the summer of 2008. I kept thinking to myself "This is the same guy from A Knight's Tale?!" lol His voice was totally unrecognizable in The Dark Knight. Just masterful.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:42 AM 04-24-2022
Surprisingly good. DC have "trained" moviegoers to expect absolute shit, so when they produce something that isn't a steaming pile, it is refreshing.

I liked it. I REALLY liked the additional focus on Batman being a detective... thought that was well done, and it did not rely on goofy futuristic impossible technology to achieve it (see bullet reconstruction in the CB flicks).

Only groaners for me were any scenes where we are supposed to take Zoe 80lbs soaking wet Kravitz seriously in hand-to-hand combat (seriously, that would be like getting your ass kicked by a fourth grader), and the occasional injection of modern wokeisims, "WHITE rich blah blah blah" - let's get away from that nonsense, please. Those were minimal and really didn't adversely affect the movie as a whole IMO.

Gritty feel, a more realistic take on the subject, and additional focus on Batman being a detective = win. All of the actors did well in portraying their characters. RP is a bit too skinny to be Batman, but they didn't try to make him out to be a super strong martial arts badass. They played it well, with a combination of armor and gadgets, w/o going over the top.

Riddler was a complete serial killer psychopath, which I thought was great until they went into the "online streamer simp" angle. Probably could have trimmed that and just kept him as a psycho; rather than reveal his backstory, leave it as a bit of a mystery.

Editing could have trimmed runtime down by at least 30 minutes. That was a long movie. Still, I give it a thumbs up and would recommend it. It is a gritty take on the super hero genre, akin to Joker.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:23 AM 04-24-2022
Fuck you. Batman Forever is awesome.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:33 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Fuck you. Batman Forever is awesome.
Good God, man, I hope this is in jest. Batman Forever is Dune ‘84 level bad.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 39
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Up