ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 39
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:35 PM 03-05-2022
Can't overstate how much I enjoyed the fact that they managed to portray a realistic "rookie" Batman. He fucks up, multiple times, but it never feels forced for the sake of the plot or takes away from his badassery.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:56 PM 03-05-2022

The Patinson voice over was the only cringeworthy facet of the movie. It reminded me of South Park's Cartman as the Coon
[Reply]
Frazod 02:57 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Can't overstate how much I enjoyed the fact that they managed to portray a realistic "rookie" Batman. He fucks up, multiple times, but it never feels forced for the sake of the plot or takes away from his badassery.
Very much so. When Bale was driving the Tumbler over rooftops, he had the same permascowl on his face that he always did. When Pattinson was driving through traffic with all the shit going on around him, he looked like he was going to piss himself. :-)
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:39 PM 03-05-2022
Blew away my medium expectations.. won’t put it over TDK after one watch. But it might get there for me. Easily above the other 2.

Gotham was dark and beautiful

Casting was on point.. up until the last cameo…. Trying not to judge off a minute clip, but didn’t feel right

The Emo Bruce worked for this one, but hoping to see a lighter side in the future
[Reply]
Barret 01:29 AM 03-06-2022
I just got back from seeing it. Really enjoyed it. They certainly went more "Detective" Batman and not super hero swing in from everywhere Batman. Do not get that 44 oz of soda if you have a small bladder. just saying.

One of the visuals that impressed me was when he had the Flare and was helping people out of the wreckage. Then he is walking them out and it is an over head shot of him "leading Gotham out of the darkness" So many other shots as well.

I think it was well worth spending money on it at a Theater.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:01 AM 03-06-2022
Mother fucking masterpiece.

I am fucking speechless.

The Batman that fans truly deserve. Best picture of the year so far and it is not even close.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:31 AM 03-06-2022
For people who aren’t MCU or DC fanatics (I haven’t seen a super hero movie since...Iron Man in 2008. Oh wait— I did see Deadpool), will they enjoy it? You guys are talking it up quite a bit, and it’s raised my level of interest enough to consider dragging my wife to a theater.

I don’t look down my nose at super hero movies, they just aren’t for me. This clearly seems different, and allows viewers with little to no knowledge of backstories, etc. to enjoy. Probably a stand alone / one and done movie, I’d guess.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:50 AM 03-06-2022
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
For people who aren’t MCU or DC fanatics (I haven’t seen a super hero movie since...Iron Man in 2008. Oh wait— I did see Deadpool), will they enjoy it? You guys are talking it up quite a bit, and it’s raised my level of interest enough to consider dragging my wife to a theater.

I don’t look down my nose at super hero movies, they just aren’t for me. This clearly seems different, and allows viewers with little to no knowledge of backstories, etc. to enjoy. Probably a stand alone / one and done movie, I’d guess.
I don't blame you for being burnt out from super hero comic book movies (the vast majority of them are safe, generic, forgettable assembly line crap) but The Batman is such a breathe of fresh air and is such a brilliantly done take on the character.
It is THAT good. I can't stress enough how entertaining it was. The plot was very well thought out & detailed and its long run time was used wisely in order to build character development and move the story along.

Definitely see this in theaters on the biggest screen possible with the most booming theater speakers imaginable (the score is sublime and whenever the Batman theme came up in different versions , I got goose bumps every time)

You won't see any stupid talking racoons in The Batman or any idiotic time traveling elements in The Batman or any type of stupid lame slap stick comedy in The Batman either (there is some really well done dark humor that was used in The Batman though. Mainly from Zoe Kravitz and Colin Farrell as the Penguin) Pattinson was fucking awesome as Batman too.

The Batman is the best most entertaining film I've seen in theaters since Blade Runner 2049 (and that was all the way back in 2017)

See it while you can. I plan on seeing it again later this week.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:59 AM 03-06-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One other thing I will mention - this is definitely not another origin story. Again, kind of refreshing. That's already been done to death. Everybody knows by now who Batman is and how and why he does what he does. The movie skims the surface of that somewhat, but just barely. Plus, it would have probably added at least another half hour to a movie that's already pretty long.

Batman is established. People know who he is. The signal is in place.
Agreed. And you worded it way better than I could.:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:50 PM 03-06-2022
Really great movie. Just as much of a true detective type movie as it is a superhero movie. They did a great job of stringing the audience along for a long movie but keeping each step interesting and making you want to see the next clue.

Also great job casting this movie.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:03 PM 03-06-2022
I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:09 AM 03-07-2022
This is GLORIOUS!

[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 07:35 AM 03-07-2022
I thought it was outstanding. Only minor quibble is that it could have been about 15-20 minutes shorter. Got a little flabby in the middle. But that’s minor. I know ‘Joker’ was a one off, but it feels like it could exist in The Batman’s universe.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:14 AM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.
Thought the Nirvana inserts were fantastic, but I didn't like the imperial marchesque over and over. I thought the score was lacking in that area, to be honest. Definitely wasn't my guy Hans Zimmer's crew work.

I'm sure I'll find out I was the only one, but the actual created music for this was poor.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:22 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:

Spoiler!

He won't be in the sequel it would be too much of the same.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 39
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up