ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 39
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:43 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It has Gothic elements, but not at all in the cartoonish, distorted style of Tim Burton. Burton has all the grit and gravitas of an amusement park ride.
I certainly prefer Burton's cartoonish, distorted style to the overthought and overwrought crap Nolan delivered in his last two Batman movies. I did like his first one, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:50 PM 10-16-2021
There are some really REALLY fucking nice shots. The zoom shots on his face in the mask still looks like a weak chinned millennial. But the action scenes look like they fucking bring it.

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not seeing any of Burtons campy, cartoonish style at all... this looks like its taking itself seriously
There were a couple scenes in the nightclub that looked a little cartoonish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:16 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I certainly prefer Burton's cartoonish, distorted style to the overthought and overwrought crap Nolan delivered in his last two Batman movies. I did like his first one, though.
The Dark Knight was "overwrought crap"?

I will never see you in the same light again, that take is relegated to the trash heap of history :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:24 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The Dark Knight was "overwrought crap"?

I will never see you in the same light again, that take is relegated to the trash heap of history :-)
Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his fucking films.

And it all started here.

And also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:49 PM 10-16-2021
I raised an eyebrow at him just strolling through machinegun fire, but this definitely looks fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:58 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I raised an eyebrow at him just strolling through machinegun fire, but this definitely looks fucking awesome.
Yeah. Even if his suit is magically fully bullet proof, he just has to take one in the exposed jaw and it’s a bad day.

Besides that, in real life a few green tips and he’s done.

But whatever. I’ll never be that bad ass
[Reply]
listopencil 12:23 AM 10-17-2021
Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his fucking films.

And it all started here.

And also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole.

Well; I liked Ledger's Joker more, I enjoyed Inception, but I agree about Gyllenhaal.

Upon Edit: Tenet was crap
[Reply]
Frazod 12:33 AM 10-17-2021
Well; I liked Ledger's Joker more, I enjoyed Inception, but I agree about Gyllenhaal.
She was so jarringly unattractive that she took me out of every scene she was in. I kept wondering how in the hell a billionaire superhero and hot shot lawyer would get embroiled in a love triangle with a woman so ugly that I wouldn't have given her a second glance at last call when I was too drunk to walk. Is she a better actress than Katie Holmes? Maybe, but who cares? :-)

Originally Posted by :
I'll take your word for it.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:44 AM 10-17-2021
She was so jarringly unattractive that she took me out of every scene she was in. I kept wondering how in the hell a billionaire superhero and hot shot lawyer would get embroiled in a love triangle with a woman so ugly that I wouldn't have given her a second glance at last call when I was too drunk to walk. Is she a better actress than Katie Holmes? Maybe, but who cares? :-)
I'd rather do dirty things to Anne Hathaway, but I'd prefer Holmes over Glllenhll (fuck spelling) any day.

I'll take your word for it.
Good idea.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:20 AM 10-17-2021

The maddening thing about Nolan movies is that they are so close to being fantastic, but fall short. Watched Tenet on a long flight after running out of other options. So fucking close to being great, but just missed it enough to ruin what should have been an amazing flick.

The Dark Knight just snuck in to being a good movie. I disagree about Gyllenhal. Is she beautiful? No, not even close. She is sexy as hell though, which is an entirely different thing. The french call it jolie laide, literally beautiful ugly. The 3rd movie is unwatchable bad.

Back to the Batman movie the thread is about. It looks fucking amazing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:21 AM 10-17-2021
I'd rather do dirty things to Anne Hathaway, but I'd prefer Holmes over Glllenhll (fuck spelling) any day.

Good idea.
Anne Hathaway over those other two every day and 10 times on Sunday. Better looking and a better actress.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:42 AM 10-17-2021
This looks insanely good. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but it does appear to look like Matt Reeves has knocked it out of the park with this one.

Also it looks sooooooo much than that new Spider boy sequel (that just looks too goofy and kiddie for my taste and I've grown tired of the MCU's same boring predictable formula movies. The Batman on the other hand looks bold & a refreshing new take on the caped crusader.

Bring on The Batman!
[Reply]
sully1983 08:51 AM 10-17-2021
Also, I've been sometimes checking out this movie news website called "worldofreel.com" and they've been posting good & legit info on a number of upcoming movies as of late (they've been right and on the money with a lot of their movie scoops). They posted that there have been some test screenings of The Batman that have been shown at Warner Bros headquarters.

Do NOT click on the SPOILER link below if you want to avoid some potential spoilers.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:24 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Even if his suit is magically fully bullet proof, he just has to take one in the exposed jaw and it’s a bad day.

Besides that, in real life a few green tips and he’s done.

But whatever. I’ll never be that bad ass
He even says in the trailer he doesn't give a shit about himself. Obviously not concerned at this point of his bat life about taking direct shots even from AR's. In that scene you can tell he dgaf... pretty badass.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:25 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This looks amazing.

I’m getting some serious Se7en vibes. Feels darker than Nolan’s Batman/universe.
Same here.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 39
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up