ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call your shot: Who will be a Chief tomorrow night
pugsnotdrugs19 04:40 PM 04-26-2017
It's finally Draft Day Eve, as I'd call it. We've pondered back and forth the possibilities that come with picking at #27 for months, and now its almost time to see who is under the Chiefs' tree in 2017.

So, a day ahead, call your shot below. Who you want them to pick, who you believe they will pick, or both.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 04-27-2017
I think it's Wormley if the QB's are gone. We can get a CB later and Dorsey has never reached for immediate need in rd 1, so ILB is out IMO.

I'm hoping that Dorsey has a deal ready in the teens (hi Chris Ballard) in the event that Mahomes/Watson falls.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:09 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I WANT either Mahomes, Watson, or Kizer.

I THINK they are going to take either a pass rusher or a corner

I EXPECT them to take a guard or a defensive tackle

I really just want a premium position in the first - QB, corner, or an Edge rusher
which means we'll take a RB or TE reach.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:15 AM 04-27-2017
Whoever it is, you can rest assured that most people will be pissed right off
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:17 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Good, this place has been a cemetery for way too long this offseason...

We need some drama and thread wars...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Drafting Mahomes would be awesome in two ways.

1. We'd have a direction for this team.

2. Clay would be fucking pissed. Even moreso if we trade up for him.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:21 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

2. Clay would be fucking pissed. Even moreso if we trade up for him.
I'd be fine with taking Mahomes, as long as we aren't trading up.

If he falls to 27, take him.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:23 AM 04-27-2017
Hoping for edge rusher, or a solid cb opposite of Peters in the first. Then trade up into the early second to get a qb they like. Don't want to take another guy who won't see the field for a year in the first. There should be a couple decent qb in the early second. None of these qb's are NFL ready.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:26 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Hoping for edge rusher, or a solid cb opposite of Peters in the first. Then trade up into the early second to get a qb they like. Don't want to take another guy who won't see the field for a year in the first. There should be a couple decent qb in the early second. None of these qb's are NFL ready.
If you like a QB enough to spend the picks to trade up in the second you should just take him in the 1st. The fact that he'll have to sit a year makes the 5th year option more valuable.
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:29 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

2. Clay would be ****ing pissed. Even moreso if we trade up for him.
why would you be pissed at taking any of the top 3 QBs? They are literally an upgrade to Alex Smith and signal that his time will eventually be over, and the team will actually have a direction other than losing in the divisional round by field goals because our 32 year old QB can't throw a touchdown when it matters most.

Watson, Mahomes, pretty much anyone and I am happy. Except Peterman he is an Alex Smith clone and stinks.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:33 AM 04-27-2017
From Eric Galko's draft rumors column...

Originally Posted by :
— Multiple teams picking in the backend of Round 1 believe Reuben Foster will be on the board for them. The Chiefs, Packers or Saints could stop his fall, which would be more related to his injury history than his character concerns.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...s1met4algvpiw9
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:33 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
why would you be pissed at taking any of the top 3 QBs? They are literally an upgrade to Alex Smith and signal that his time will eventually be over, and the team will actually have a direction other than losing in the divisional round by field goals because our 32 year old QB can't throw a touchdown when it matters most.

Watson, Mahomes, pretty much anyone and I am happy. Except Peterman he is an Alex Smith clone and stinks.
Because Clay gets his kicks by being a malcontent. Having a franchise QB in the system would ruin his shtick.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:35 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...s1met4algvpiw9
That's the ideal scenario for me: Foster in rd 1. But I'll stick with my head and pick being King.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:35 AM 04-27-2017
Dee Ford was a reach for need in round 1.

Chiefs were worried that they might lose Hali and Houston.
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 04-27-2017
Would be tough to pass on Foster. Unless one of the qbs are there, he'd be my pick
[Reply]
Meatloaf 11:06 AM 04-27-2017
I am not a R Foster fan....in fact, I am not a fan of ANY Albama player. Their teams are so stacked at so many positions that it's difficult to determine how a given player will stack up without such stout assistance. Foster is a prime example. He's essentially got 5-star players all around him keeping him relatively clean from blockers and able to make a ton of plays. Kudos to him for coming thru and making said plays, but, would he excel if surrounded by lesser players. Thanks, but I'd generally pass on drafting Alabama players.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up