ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 295
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 11:35 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
We’ll almost certainly be disappointed, they overthink it too much these days... it all looks incredible, but isn’t as fun to play as it used to be
If you have 20 tell me what system you have and I can get you a roster update someone made that has all these guys on the team.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:39 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you have 20 tell me what system you have and I can get you a roster update someone made that has all these guys on the team.
I have 20 but am not connected to EA so I don’t get all the roster updates, gonna fix that next season though, there’s just too much they won’t let you do without being connected

Sincerely appreciate your offer though
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:40 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rookie RB who doesn't have breakaway speed?

I'm thinking 74-76ish. They'll almost certainly have Taylor ahead of him because he ticks off a bunch of 'madden prospect' boxes.

Madden's notoriously hard on rookies.
I think the breakaway speed notion is a little misleading. He broke off long TD's several times last season...is he Tyreek? Obviously not but when he gets going he can take it to the house imo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah they’ll prolly shaft him like they do almost all the others

But if they were fair they could keep his speed in check, but still boost up quickness, agility, awareness etc
First thing I always did w/ my Madden franchise back in the day was trade Priest Holmes for a Ahman Green and and a draft pick. Because Holmes and his low 80s speed and acceleration just didn't do anything in Madden. He was a JAG. His vision meant nothing and he wasn't some tackle breaking bull so he was pretty much useless.

Trung Canidate was WAY better than Holmes in that game. I think it was the 2003 edition that grudgingly gave Holmes a solid overall rating but still made him damn near unplayable by just goosing his awareness level.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:43 AM 05-13-2020
First thing I always did w/ my Madden franchise back in the day was trade Priest Holmes for a Ahman Green and and a draft pick. Because Holmes and his low 80s speed and acceleration just didn't do anything in Madden. He was a JAG. His vision meant nothing and he wasn't some tackle breaking bull so he was pretty much useless.

Trung Canidate was WAY better than Holmes in that game. I think it was the 2003 edition that grudgingly gave Holmes a solid overall rating but still made him damn near unplayable by just goosing his awareness level.
Yup, the way the rate some guys is just criminal
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:48 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I think the breakaway speed notion is a little misleading. He broke off long TD's several times last season...is he Tyreek? Obviously not but when he gets going he can take it to the house imo.
He's not going to just outrun an angle.

Damien Williams is NFL fast. CEH is faster than anyone you know, but he has average speed for an NFL runningback.

Everything is relative and no, CEH is not a 'fast' runningback. He's a fast human being, but at this level, he's not someone who lists speed as either a strong asset or a serious liability. It plays. It's fine. He's a fine broken-field runner who can probably house a play where he's in the middle and can make a single guy miss at the second level. But he's not spread the edge and start outrunning angles down the sideline like JC or even Williams could do.

His speed is adequate and that's fine when combined with his other strengths. But in Madden that don't get you much.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 05-13-2020
He's not going to just outrun an angle.

Damien Williams is NFL fast. CEH is faster than anyone you know, but he has average speed for an NFL runningback.

Everything is relative and no, CEH is not a 'fast' runningback. He's a fast human being, but at this level, he's not someone who lists speed as either a strong asset or a serious liability. It plays. It's fine. He's a fine broken-field runner who can probably house a play where he's in the middle and can make a single guy miss at the second level. But he's not spread the edge and start outrunning angles down the sideline like JC or even Williams could do.

His speed is adequate and that's fine when combined with his other strengths. But in Madden that don't get you much.
Honestly, I think speed for a RB is overrated.

Let me divulge. I think the true speed guys tend to overly rely on it and try to over use it. They become "big play searchers" that are all about that aspect, they don't want to bang out those 7 yard gainers or the vision to the hole gains where you make a guy miss in the hole and gain 13 yards.

Now, if you have a guy that can do that AND has speed (think Charles in his prime) well yeah, thats ideal. Or AP when he was in Minnesota early.

But for a RB these days and especially in this offense, give me wiggle and vision. Thats what made Hunt so perfect for it. He could rip off a big run here or there and get the offense going. I'm hopeful CEH is that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Let me divulge. I think the true speed guys tend to overly rely on it and try to over use it. They become "big play searchers" that are all about that aspect, they don't want to bang out those 7 yard gainers or the vision to the hole gains where you make a guy miss in the hole and gain 13 yards.

Now, if you have a guy that can do that AND has speed (think Charles in his prime) well yeah, thats ideal. Or AP when he was in Minnesota early.

But for a RB these days and especially in this offense, give me wiggle and vision. Thats what made Hunt so perfect for it. He could rip off a big run here or there and get the offense going. I'm hopeful CEH is that.
Oh barring catastrophic injury, he’s that. You can take it to the bank.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

There's a threshold level you have to reach. People kept trying to talk themselves into Elijah Holyfield for some weird reason last season and that's just not gonna happen. 4.8 isn't an NFL back. I tend to view 4.6 as right at 'this will work' level. And obviously some guys play a little faster than they time (Hunt ended up like that), others a little slower. But as a general rule, if you're at 4.6 or better, you're fast enough.

Now it'd be better if you were faster, but if you have enough other tools, you can make 4.6 work just fine.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 05-13-2020
CEH is probably going to have a speed rating somewhere between 86-89 depending upon how nice they are that day.

In the newer maddens speed isn't as important because the speed boost is actually detrimental to use constantly.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 05-13-2020
When you combine fit, situation, and position (RB is easily the easiest position to evaluate and transition), CEH might be the safest bet in the entire fucking class.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:23 PM 05-13-2020
Speed is king in Madden. Unfortunately he's not going to be that good, unless they REALLY fix the blocking. Can't spam stretch plays with speed that low.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:24 PM 05-13-2020
Side note regarding the 'big play searchers' - I think CEH may need to overcome that a little bit. He didn't try to use speed to hunt edges but there were times he'd try to use his feet a bit and dance behind the line instead of take 3-4 yards that were readily available.

Seems a smart kid and in time he'll learn when there's more yardage there and when there just isn't. But early on I think we'll see some frustrating runs where he's just a little slow to give up on a play and try to salvage it. He'll make some 3 yard runs into 8 yard runs in the process, but he'll turn some 3 yard runs into -1 as well.

But I think he'll be an awfully good player. Someone asked, maybe in this thread, how a RB can make you more capable of dealing with a cover 3 and if you want the answer to that, watch the Rams game again. As you watch that game more and more you see just how hard the Rams were working to try to close up the middle and they just couldn't. Andy knew just how to use the threat of Hunt out of the backfield to create space underneath for Kelce and Watkins. And then as they would sell out to address that, he'd dial up something to attack the deep seam or corner.

He's gonna be an issue on his own but his impact on the offense overall will be a real bitch to handle.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 05-13-2020
There's a threshold level you have to reach. People kept trying to talk themselves into Elijah Holyfield for some weird reason last season and that's just not gonna happen. 4.8 isn't an NFL back. I tend to view 4.6 as right at 'this will work' level. And obviously some guys play a little faster than they time (Hunt ended up like that), others a little slower. But as a general rule, if you're at 4.6 or better, you're fast enough.

Now it'd be better if you were faster, but if you have enough other tools, you can make 4.6 work just fine.
Hunt just played so much faster than he timed but he wasn't ever a blazing back. But thats fine.

Just like WR's get schemed up in this offense, backs do so much as well. Andy is just really talented as a play caller/schemer. He'll get guys into space. CEH will be successful just based on that, but then you add in his abilities and it should be a great fit.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Speed is king in Madden. Unfortunately he's not going to be that good, unless they REALLY fix the blocking. Can't spam stretch plays with speed that low.
If you are boosting the second you take the handoff, it's why you are sucking at running...the only plays that works on is like toss pitches.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 295
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up