ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 63
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:00 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I actually think Alex was an excellent choice to get this organization back on track but team has now outgrown him and his usefulness.
This
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:05 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This present an interesting question. If the Chiefs were in the exact same position except with Rodgers or Brady or Brees at QB, do you think Mahomes was a waste of resources to acquire?

Maybe I'm higher on Mahomes than the drafturbator squad. . .

I think they went for Mahomes because they LIKE Mahomes, not because they HATE Alex.
The decision to draft a QB in the first round while Smith is 33 years old tells you that they feel they can do better at the position. That they need to do better.

The decision to trade up 17 spots and essentially value Mahomes as worthy of two 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick tells you that they love Mahomes.

It is a mixture of the two that you mentioned. They identified a guy that they really liked, realized they could provide him the situation that he needed most, realized it was the perfect time to make a move, and made the trade to ensure he would be a Kansas City Chief.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:08 PM 05-14-2017
The decision to draft a QB in the first round while Smith is 33 years old tells you that they feel they can do better at the position. That they need to do better.

The decision to trade up 17 spots and essentially value Mahomes as worthy of two 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick tells you that they love Mahomes.

It is a mixture of the two that you mentioned. They identified a guy that they really liked, realized they could provide him the situation that he needed most, realized it was the perfect time to make a move, and made the trade to ensure he would be a Kansas City Chief.
And no one had to die! The world continued to rotate!
[Reply]
threebag 07:18 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dane,

What if Mahomes looks really good in preseason and camp? I would think if that happens they would be more inclined to roll with him in 2018.
Oh fuck a preseason warrior. Let's go 4-0 preseason against fucking scrubs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:19 PM 05-14-2017

But the question is, if Brady or Brees, or Rodgers is the starter, was Mahomes a good move or a waste of resources?

It would be nice to get a picture of the Mahomes enthusiasm without the stink of fan PTSD, whether from Alex or the run of all of history.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:20 PM 05-14-2017
But the question is, if Brady or Brees, or Rodgers is the starter, was Mahomes a good move or a waste of resources?
What's the point of playing this what if game?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:21 PM 05-14-2017

It would be nice to get a picture of the Mahomes enthusiasm without the stink of fan PTSD, whether from Alex or the run of all of history.
If those players are playing at their current level, I would say it would be a waste if you had Rodgers. He is only 33. Brees and Brady however are old enough that I wouldn't frown at the move. They are due to fall off the cliff at any time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:25 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:

I get it... but at least say it. With the key injuries and screw-ups from other players... the Chiefs have needed an elite QB to carry them further.. and they didn't have one. It's really as simple as that.

It's still every bit as fascinating as it was from day 1. People accurately depict Smith as anywhere from lousy to average to good but not good enough.. yet somehow expect him to be elite to mask all of the other screwups. This to me is completely, utterly, fascinating logic.
Okay. You say tomato, I say AIDS. But yes, your first paragraph accurately depicted the sentiment most Chiefs fans on this site have had towards Alex.

In your second paragraph, you're still a bit Alex biased. "The other screwups" you're talking about are way overblown. Every loss that looks egregious on Alex's part like the Pittsburgh loss is always followed up with, "Yeah, but those key drops by receivers!" or "Our running game wasn't working!" Those are things that every single QB has to deal with. In a game manager's position, you either have those things or you don't, and there's nothing you can do to compensate or fix those issues. That's the problem with having a QB like Alex. When the statistical averages stay in the middle or swing his way, he's an ace in the hole. And when they don't swing his way, he can't do anything and won't influence shit in the game until fortune swings back his way.

"Alex is what he is" is NOT an excuse that he or his fans get to use for the Pittsburgh loss. Just because he does his good-but-not-good-enough shtick consistently doesn't mean we should turn our attention to the injuries and tackles not made by our 3rd stringers and all of a sudden expect THEM to be the heroes when our QB can't sustain drives for half the game or spot the key plays that would have broken the game open.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:25 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
What's the point of playing this what if game?
Thanks for your reply.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:28 PM 05-14-2017

If they think he will be the guy, great use of resources.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:29 PM 05-14-2017
This present an interesting question. If the Chiefs were in the exact same position except with Rodgers or Brady or Brees at QB, do you think Mahomes was a waste of resources to acquire?

Maybe I'm higher on Mahomes than the drafturbator squad. . .

I think they went for Mahomes because they LIKE Mahomes, not because they HATE Alex.
It's possible to love Mahomes because we think he'll be a great pro QB AND also be glad that Alex is on his way out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:30 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Okay. You say tomato, I say AIDS. But yes, your first paragraph accurately depicted the sentiment most Chiefs fans on this site have had towards Alex.

In your second paragraph, you're still a bit Alex biased. "The other screwups" you're talking about are way overblown. Every loss that looks egregious on Alex's part like the Pittsburgh loss is always followed up with, "Yeah, but those key drops by receivers!" or "Our running game wasn't working!" Those are things that every single QB has to deal with. In a game manager's position, you either have those things or you don't, and there's nothing you can do to compensate or fix those issues. That's the problem with having a QB like Alex. When the statistical averages stay in the middle or swing his way, he's an ace in the hole. And when they don't swing his way, he can't do anything and won't influence shit in the game until fortune swings back his way.

"Alex is what he is" is NOT an excuse that he or his fans get to use for the Pittsburgh loss. Just because he does his good-but-not-good-enough shtick consistently doesn't mean we should turn our attention to the injuries and tackles not made by our 3rd stringers and all of a sudden expect THEM to be the heroes when our QB can't sustain drives for half the game or spot the key plays that would have broken the game open.
Thing is, your incessant need to phrase this in terms relying on all-star QBs versus relying on 3rd string ILBs is telling. Without improvement on the things people 'excuse' Smith for, there isn't a QB outside maybe Brady that will salve all ills. You're just setting yourself up for different, maybe more exciting, disappointment, instead of previous disappointment. The Pittsburgh game wasn't some crossroads were any old improvement at QB would have rescued us.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:30 PM 05-14-2017
Thanks for your reply.
I just don't understand people who sit here and play what if fantasy games. Sorry.

And if you really want to know if Mahomes would have been a waste of resources if the team had one of those QBs then go ask the Saints because they apparently wanted Mahomes too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:32 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
If they think he will be the guy, great use of resources.
I think they do, and I think he will, and I don't think the franchise is on the fans' page regarding present or near future competitiveness.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:35 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I just don't understand people who sit here and play what if fantasy games. Sorry.

And if you really want to know if Mahomes would have been a waste of resources if the team had one of those QBs then go ask the Saints because they apparently wanted Mahomes too.
I think he is more along what us, as fans, would think.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 63
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up