ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pablo 06:34 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Gotta be fat Zach's alt
I just wish he'd think about all those poor, poor senior citizen parking lot attendants losing their jobs before crowing about job creation ya know!!
[Reply]
Pablo 06:38 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If I can’t back in my pickup that I’m spending 60% of my monthly household budget on and light up a grill then this just ain’t going to work for me
You've just described the high point of about 60% of royals games unfortunately

I've been informed this downtown stadium will naturally usher in an era of prosperity so we'll all be so busy watching winning baseball that won't matter.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:51 PM 02-23-2024
The integration with the south loop park that was planned before this announcement is legitimately exciting. We'll see if that thing gets kicked into turbo if this passes. 2026 WC was thrown out originally when that was proposed.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:07 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
crossroads spot makes too much sense. way more attendance in this location. tons of extra people who might go early/stay late to hang downtown or crossroads. tons of new jobs to take care of all the additional spenders which increases tax revenues for the city. extra money made by royals increases payroll so we field competitive teams that increases attendances even further.

if people are against crossroads location, they hate our city.
You have much to learn young inf. Also need to stop with assuming things
[Reply]
Pablo 07:28 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
That's like 2/3 of what makes CP fun though
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 07:48 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
please advise? genuinely curious on why other locations would be better. the integration with the 670 highline park would be really cool for our city and create way more jobs/spending/tax revenues for the city than any other location.

also i get if people are against bc they don't like subsidizing billionaires in general.

and i get it if you don't like this spot bc of personal reasons. was being hyperbolic in original post - just meant they'd be prioritizing personal stuff over the greater good of the city/community. which everybody does.
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 08:13 PM 02-23-2024
and i'll admit my bias - i want the royals to have a good team. they'd make so much more in attendance/revenues at the crossroads spot than any other so they could finally pay enough in salaries to be relevant.

added bonus is increased jobs/taxes to make my city better.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:32 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
you prefer locations that give our city fewer jobs and less tax revenues for city programs? why? crossroads location would undoubtedly be better overall for the city.
:-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:38 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You just Uber or walk right to the stadium. It’s so simple

Hop on the street car
I know I wouldn't walk 10 feet for a women's soccer game. Well if there is nudity maybe. Is there nudity?
[Reply]
srvy 09:47 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You would really have no idea someone lived in a city of 2.5 million people listening to them complain about parking garages and traffic and one way streets... but it's a major topic of conversation if you're ever at an event downtown or even on the Plaza with people who don't often go there.

You would really think they all just drove in from BFE Kansas or someone had grabbed an uncontacted tribesmen from the Amazon and dropped them off at Times Square... but nope, live in OP and just cannot fathom getting around downtown and finding a place to park.
KC is under 500,000 the other 1.5 million live in the suburbs and drive cars like a red-blooded Americans.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:48 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I know I wouldn't walk 10 feet for a women's soccer game. Well if there is nudity maybe. Is there nudity?
There’s always a chance
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 10:16 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
:-)
dude explain why you are laughing? kansas city karens are the worst. no new airport, no public transportation, all i do is cry about parking/traffic. royals would kill at this spot and make way more tax revenue and help for the city. but nooo i'm so mad at how this will take away my favorite bar that opened up a year ago and will go away next year!!!

i love the diverseness/indie spirit of the crossroads as much as the next guy. and maybe a little bit of this goes away but it will really benefit all the breweries and the good local spots. will be way better for KC if this goes through.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:19 PM 02-23-2024
I think it's a great thing to happen. Opposing fans will enjoy the improved downtown area while bringing in cash into the area. Welcome everyone but hope they Royals win.
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 10:37 PM 02-23-2024
i understand if total progressives or i hate all business/giving tax dollars to sports franchises hate this bc they are idiots...but there are actual chiefs/sports fans or normal regular people that don't like this? blows my mind. it's the best thing this city has ever proposed. have you guys looked at the images and how cool this will be for our city? just have realized many people are stupid and don't want change. they should move to small towns where they don't have to worry about parking.
[Reply]
srvy 10:45 PM 02-23-2024
It wont do jack squat till they get real ownership that is serious about winning baseball. Shyster Sherman ain't that.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up