ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 328
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
SPchief 02:44 PM 06-22-2018
The real gem in there is the DH
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:07 PM 06-22-2018
I wonder who is the last hitter we've had in the minors that really dominated like Moose and Hosmer did? All of the current guys who are supposed to be the next wave have pretty crappy averages. I know you can't read too much into stats, but it'd be nice to see a real prospect (not an AAAA type) hitting .300+ and for some power. Do you leave the A guys at the same level another year and hope they dominate, or do you move them to AA where they're still young for the level?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:24 PM 06-22-2018
Ned has officially entered the "**** it, I'm having fun" part of the season.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:33 PM 06-22-2018
Speaking of AAAA players.... someone means to tell me that there's nobody in the farm that can a DH over Paulo?
[Reply]
Jerok 03:39 PM 06-22-2018
They are doing their job. I admit that I want to watch Esky play center field tonight.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:56 PM 06-22-2018
WTF is Esky doing playing CF?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:49 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I zip thru them on DVr. I did that when we were good too tho, so yeah: no clue how someone could possibly watch this crap live. Still, to say you haven't seen a pitch, is really pathetic as a fan
I can see where you’re coming from. It was a conscious decision to help me cope with our monumental fall from grace. We all deal with grief differently. It may be pathetic to you, but to me it’s been refreshing and will recharge me for the rebuild. If we were rolling out our future players and they lost 120 games, I’d watch every game. I’ve enjoyed the Florida Gators in the College World Series for this very reason.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:50 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
WTF is Esky doing playing CF?
Ned said to increase Esky's value is to turn him into an utility player. Said all of his free agent offers was for that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:55 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I wonder who is the last hitter we've had in the minors that really dominated like Moose and Hosmer did? All of the current guys who are supposed to be the next wave have pretty crappy averages. I know you can't read too much into stats, but it'd be nice to see a real prospect (not an AAAA type) hitting .300+ and for some power. Do you leave the A guys at the same level another year and hope they dominate, or do you move them to AA where they're still young for the level?

Moustakas and Hosmer were both pretty terrible at Wilmington their first time around,
To the point of Moustakas being nicknamed “Mistake-us” by a decent portion of the Royals internet fanbase.

The types of prospects you’re talking about are guys who typically rate as top 25-50 talents. KC just doesn’t have anybody like that right. Lee is closest, and what he is doing at Wilmington IS impressive for that league, especially at his age.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:16 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Speaking of AAAA players.... someone means to tell me that there's nobody in the farm that can a DH over Paulo?

THE DUDA BYES! Lucas Duda smashes a 2-run homer to right to give us a 2-0 lead in the 1st! #50maha pic.twitter.com/YhjEF1U8qL

— Omaha Golden Spikes (@OMAStormChasers) June 23, 2018

[Reply]
Dunit35 08:50 PM 06-22-2018
Can Paulo be any worse?

Get rid of him already. Three times tonight I’ve watched him shit all over himself with someone on base.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:10 PM 06-22-2018
Herrera having a game tonight. Took away a homer, now a triple to give the Royals the lead.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:13 PM 06-22-2018
As good as Herrera has played tonight is how bad Moose has looked. That last AB was fucking terrible
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:19 PM 06-22-2018
Streak is over.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:20 PM 06-22-2018
I enjoyed the Rosell Herrera Show and would like to see more episodes.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 328
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Up