ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 176
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:17 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Sweeney certainly holds the all time record for stealing money from the club.
I've never understood why you're such a Sweeney hater. You've been hating on him ever since I joined this site. Mike Sweeney was a hell of a hitter whose career was cut short because injuries.

5-time All-Star, 3-time Royals player of the year, led the Royals in hitting 6 times, .297 career batting average with power when healthy. Yeah, that goddamn Sweeney sure did suck! :-)

What happened? Did he refuse to sign your baseball card? Or are you saying he should have just GIVEN the money back to the Royals after he was injured?

Would YOU have given the money back?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:32 PM 02-18-2018
I have no idea what George Brett did in the playoffs. I just know growing up my mom used to tell me how handsome he was and how he won the World Series for the Royals singlehandedly.

My best George Brett memory is him telling the Hosmer & Moose team how he shit his pants at the Bellagio. What a fantastic story teller
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:34 PM 02-18-2018
Whit and Duffy need to be traded now. Go all in on the rebuild.
[Reply]
Bufkin 11:41 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Just stop
Prison Bitch got nothing
[Reply]
zigbazah 12:13 AM 02-19-2018
Jeez, Hos.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:49 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by zigbazah:
Jeez, Hos.

Yeah, I was surprised to see this esp with Ned.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:39 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have no idea what George Brett did in the playoffs. I just know growing up my mom used to tell me how handsome he was and how he won the World Series for the Royals singlehandedly.

My best George Brett memory is him telling the Hosmer & Moose team how he shit his pants at the Bellagio. What a fantastic story teller
There’s this weird thing called the “Internet” and instead of Encyclopedias, there’s this thing called “Google”, in which you can get answers to nearly every question ever.

Moron.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:39 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Yeah, I was surprised to see this esp with Ned.
I’m not
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:59 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Are you sure about that? I'm not looking it up but I think Eric Hosmer has better post season stats than George Bret. Bo Jackson was fun to watch too.
Now you are just being ridiculous.....or trolling.

Either way....you are off the mark.

Eric Hosmer won't come close to the Hall of Fame while Brett was a 1st ballot nominee.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:00 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pure clutch moments in the postseason, Hos has George beat in that regard. Overall of course it isn't close.
Get out of here with that stupidity....go ask Doyle Alexander about George Brett in the post season.

Or go back and look at his homer against the Yankees to put KC ahead in the AL Championship.

Brett was better even in post season.

Come talk to me when Eric Hosmer has the whole country watching him as he chased a .400 batting average late into the season.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:37 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’m not
Why cause he was a FA and thats probably normal esp with Boras I assume?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:56 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Why cause he was a FA and thats probably normal esp with Boras I assume?
If he wanted to visit Ned he could have. There is no excuse
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:33 AM 02-19-2018
Dumb "debate". George Brett is the greatest Royal of all time. Regular season, post season, pre season, on a train, in the rain, etc, etc.

You can separate the two and still appreciate both. Hosmer had his share of memorable moments in the post season. He was a great Royal. Now, it's time for whatever the baseball version of "on to Cincinnati" is.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:49 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I've never understood why you're such a Sweeney hater. You've been hating on him ever since I joined this site. Mike Sweeney was a hell of a hitter whose career was cut short because injuries.

5-time All-Star, 3-time Royals player of the year, led the Royals in hitting 6 times, .297 career batting average with power when healthy. Yeah, that goddamn Sweeney sure did suck! :-)

What happened? Did he refuse to sign your baseball card? Or are you saying he should have just GIVEN the money back to the Royals after he was injured?

Would YOU have given the money back?

Sweeney was a roid hog. He def did them.

I don't hate Sweeney, nor is he obligated to return his contract. But he deserves zero praise after turning into a giant pumpkin.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:12 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Whit and Duffy need to be traded now. Go all in on the rebuild.
Agreed, I'd dangle Salvy and trade him as well if the right offer came in...trade everyone.

If you're gonna rebuild then do it, don't half ass it.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 176
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Up