ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 126
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:44 PM 03-25-2016
Just got out of it. I loved it. I'll be seeing it again in the next couple days. Better than I expected.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:48 PM 03-25-2016
How are the cameos from other members of the Justice League? You can spoil me. Who else shows up?
[Reply]
Fish 12:52 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
:-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:59 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How are the cameos from other members of the Justice League? You can spoil me. Who else shows up?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chazno 01:21 PM 03-25-2016
I saw it last night. I would say most of the reviews were dead on. I give it a 6/10 which is a travesty considering it has Batman, SuperMan and Wonder Woman in it. Jesse Eisenberg's character(Lex/Alex) hurt the movie a good deal. Too many plot points seemed forced. When I found myself thinking of the other things like the errands I had to run today I knew it was dragging. My daughters are huge super hero fans and I'm not sure I'll show it to them because I'm not interested in sitting thru the 2 and half hours again. Maybe when it comes out on bluray I'll feel it again.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:53 PM 03-25-2016
So it seems to be pretty much breaking down in a manner where almost all the really positive reviews come from highly biased fan boys. That won't help the movie's legs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:23 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
Depends on when you grew up. This batman is taken right out of The Dark Knight Returns.
Burton did the same for Batman(1989)

BTW, Frank Miller was a consultant for Batman vs Superman
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:46 PM 03-25-2016
Just saw it...

My immediate reaction is that I liked it a lot more than I expected to. The negative reviews were worrying me.

The biggest negatuve for me was Lex. I like that they tried something different, but it was a swing and miss. Too over-the-top nuts. But it didn't really hurt my enjoyment of the movie overall.

Another thing that doesn't work for me is
Spoiler!

And....Doomsday looked stupid. But we all knew that from the reveal trailer. The fight was good.

Otherwise, it was a totally enjoyable 2.5+ hours at the movies for me.

I'm not going to talk about the third act yet.

The cameos I liked a lot. Although I couldn't quite make out what Flash was saying.

Lots of little questions like that, mainly about Bruce's dreams and what was triggering them. And how where they appear to be going with Justice League is connected with Lex. I didn't quite get that.

Affleck was real good, that may be my favorite Batman characterization so far. Cavill was solid, for how they're writing the character. Amy Adams was good. And I really dug Gal Gadot.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:52 PM 03-25-2016
Oh, and we were discussing at work this morning how maybe the reaction to this movie is a result of how serious it is, in a world where a Deadpool movie now exists. BvS is not a "fun" movie. It's not a light-hearted movie. At all.

Which works just fine for me, just like it did with MoS. I like dark and serious. But I'm not everybody...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:54 PM 03-25-2016
It's sloppy but good. I don't know how a trailer could do well setting up the movie.

Can we please stop making Bruce's parents' death scene and his falling in the cave of bats included in every variation of his on screen.

Fight scenes were fantastic.
Wonder Women's theme music is GREAT.

I'm so tired of Snyder purposely muting all the color in scenes. It would be fine in instances. But, for example, there's a shot of really lovely wheat fields, and it's just so obvious that the color has been shifted from something that should be a brilliant gold color, but now is cold and a blah tan color.

Irons was sort of a wasted version of Alfred. Not bad, but just ho-hum.

Whoever animated Doomsday gets an F on the look of the character. It's like as mentioned before, a LotR orc crossed with Abomination from the Hulk movie. The CGI is great, but the look of him is meh.

I'm on the fence on Lex, and in part I think it's done on purpose, because this is Luthor lite, sort of, but you can see where they're going with the character by some of his behavior.

In retrospect, it may really pay off in showing his misguided evolution and psychotic fixation taking him "down the rabbit hole" because he clearly is envious of Supes power, and his actions stem from thinking everyone else thinks like him. Hence, such power is such a threat.
He's very much a character in formation. Batman wasn't Batman in Batman Begins, so I don't know why so much automatic criticism for portraying the rise of a super villain?

So,
Spoiler!

The scope of the story is huge, really, and I wouldn't say it is epic, but I think it was a better offering than anticipated. I'd give it a low B+.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:01 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just saw it...

My immediate reaction is that I liked it a lot more than I expected to. The negative reviews were worrying me.

The biggest negatuve for me was Lex. I like that they tried something different, but it was a swing and miss. Too over-the-top nuts. But it didn't really hurt my enjoyment of the movie overall.

Another thing that doesn't work for me is
Spoiler!

And....Doomsday looked stupid. But we all knew that from the reveal trailer. The fight was good.

Otherwise, it was a totally enjoyable 2.5+ hours at the movies for me.

I'm not going to talk about the third act yet.

The cameos I liked a lot. Although I couldn't quite make out what Flash was saying.

Lots of little questions like that, mainly about Bruce's dreams and what was triggering them. And how where they appear to be going with Justice League is connected with Lex. I didn't quite get that.

Affleck was real good, that may be my favorite Batman characterization so far. Cavill was solid, for how they're writing the character. Amy Adams was good. And I really dug Gal Gadot.
With a half hour of extra movie in the R rated version, I think some of the holes and points glossed over in the theatrical release will stand up better (?)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:01 PM 03-25-2016
I just told a friend of mine it was a solid 7 or 8, so that's in the same ballpark as a low B+.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 03:07 PM 03-25-2016
JFC, people.... It's a LoTR cave troll. Not an orc.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:13 PM 03-25-2016
It's definitely a cave troll.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:47 PM 03-25-2016
You guys are giving me hope that I'll enjoy it...
[Reply]
Page 96 of 126
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up