ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson
wazu 12:30 PM 04-22-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start.

The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. pic.twitter.com/7Y1KShZ3sg

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
alanm 07:28 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

Perna with a All Timer today. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:59 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I agree, I think signing Wilson means they are probably drafting a QB.

However, he was the 2nd overall pick, and has a lot of physical talent. He is going to fail if he starts this season, but it's also possible that he learns from Payton, and is a better QB in the future.

Let's remember that the Steelers cut Len Dawson, or let's remember Kurt Warner's journey to becoming a star QB. Successful QBs don't always find said success with the team that drafted them.

QB is probably the hardest position in sports to accurately evaluate at the highest professional level. For every Peyton Manning there are probably 10 Ryan Leafs, or Andrew Lucks versus Trey Lances, etc.

Or even worse, you have situations like drafting a Todd Blackledge over a Jim Kelly or a Dan Marino.

I almost gave you a thumbs down for reminding me about Todd flipping Blackledge vs. Dan Marino, lol.
[Reply]
Bump 09:26 PM 04-22-2024
He could score a lot of points with Bronco fans if he wears the #3. Save some money on the jersey's.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wait, so we're blaming Wilson's failures solely on situation?

Dude got outplayed my Mike White and Flacco in the same situation. GMAFB.
The kid made his own share of mistakes but the Jets did him no favors at all. Orlovsky had a good description of it here:

"This is the Jets fault. They failed Zach Wilson." ��

@danorlovsky7 pic.twitter.com/zuzG2q2cDV

— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) April 22, 2024

Love and Wilson were somewhat similar prospects. Look at the disparity of where they went. The Packers were patient and taught Love how to play football between the ears with good coaches and a vet mentor. Wilson was thrown out there immediately on a shit team with bad coaches and Flacco who said it wasn’t his job to help young QB’s.

Wilson should be ecstatic that he’s out of that shithole and going to a coach who is actually good at developing QB’s
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:34 PM 04-22-2024
I'd say the fact they did this right before the draft is pretty damn telling.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:39 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The kid made his own share of mistakes but the Jets did him no favors at all. Orlovsky had a good description of it here:

Love and Wilson were somewhat similar prospects. Look at the disparity of where they went. The Packers were patient and taught Love how to play football between the ears with good coaches and a vet mentor. Wilson was thrown out there immediately on a shit team with bad coaches and Flacco who said it wasn’t his job to help young QB’s.

Wilson should be ecstatic that he’s out of that shithole and going to a coach who is actually good at developing QB’s
Pretty sure he just sucks Dan.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 PM 04-22-2024

:-)

I don't give a single fuck what Dan Orlovsky or any talking head has to say. It's as if you've never actually watched the guy play. It would be more accurate to say that they failed each other.

Again, if it's all about situation, explain why he was clearly outplayed by Mike White in the same situation.

He fucking sucks dude. Bad situation or not.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:35 PM 04-22-2024

Folks on here was calling Love a bust as recently as LAST SEASON.
[Reply]
Bump 11:52 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Folks on here was calling Love a bust as recently as LAST SEASON.
I thought Love was going to be hot garbage, but that was mainly based on the time we played the Packers and he started and he sucked ball and he hadn't ever really looked good or done anything but he was good last year.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:18 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's really only one way out of this, and it's being bad enough to have a shot at drafting a franchise QB, while being good enough not to waste or ruin him once you do.
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I agree, I think signing Wilson means they are probably drafting a QB.

However, he was the 2nd overall pick, and has a lot of physical talent. He is going to fail if he starts this season, but it's also possible that he learns from Payton, and is a better QB in the future.

Let's remember that the Steelers cut Len Dawson, or let's remember Kurt Warner's journey to becoming a star QB. Successful QBs don't always find said success with the team that drafted them.

QB is probably the hardest position in sports to accurately evaluate at the highest professional level. For every Peyton Manning there are probably 10 Ryan Leafs, or Andrew Lucks versus Trey Lances, etc.

Or even worse, you have situations like drafting a Todd Blackledge over a Jim Kelly or a Dan Marino.
I think it is more of a sign, they are not going to try and move up to get one of the top 4 qb's, and will not take a qb with their first round pick. Take a qb later to develop and what is one more to the developmental mix.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:47 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just saying, it’s not often that you can get a 24 year old, top 5 draft pick for peanuts just a couple years after they were drafted.
Reminds me of when KC got Brady Quinn lulz
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:48 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
To be fair, Zach Wilson has never had good coaching from any of his OCs, iirc. Makes him pretty hard to evaluate.

Not saying I think he's going to become a top-15 QB, because I really doubt that's possible based on the few games I've seen him play so far. But he could easily be significantly better than what I've seen with decent coaching and better OL play.
Complete bullshit. Mike White made him look like a joke :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:49 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They are absolutely dreadful. I just looked it up and they’ve only had 16 winning seasons since 1960. Haven’t won a playoff game in nearly 15 years. Haven’t won a Super Bowl in 55 years.
Better roster than Denver. You realize that right?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:51 AM 04-23-2024

Just....stop :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:35 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Better roster than Denver. You realize that right?

Maybe, but their roster isn’t particularly good. Their defense is strong and Wilson and Hall are really good, that’s about it.

They can’t protect the QB and I wonder about coaching with Hackett at the helm.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up