ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 167
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:50 PM 05-27-2014
My girlfriend and I lost one of our 2 dogs last month completely out of the blue - they were litter brothers. Spent yesterday driving to pick up a new pup I reserved from rescue shelter to surprise her.

[Reply]
ChiTown 03:25 PM 05-27-2014
cute pup! I Love puppies.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:26 PM 05-27-2014
Rotweiller?
I'll admit, I don't know much about dogs.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:30 PM 05-27-2014
http://blog.petcarerx.com/hero-dog-s...ate-sacrifice/
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:31 PM 05-27-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Rotweiller?
Shih tzu. brah.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:11 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
cute pup! I Love puppies.
Gracias. Smart one at that. Already signaling when he needs to go out to goto the bathroom and will sit on command.

Clearly an alpha male- he's pretty bold even with much larger dogs and tried to mount a few regardless of their respective much greater size.

Rotweiller?

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Shih tzu. brah.
Good eye. Yes, it's actually a Shih tzu and Maltese mix. Good stock and simply an unexpected litter. They had over 50 people show up early for the adoption event- he had 2 brothers and a sister. Luckily I reserved him and filled out the adoption paperwork the day before. I learned that lesson after trying to adopt another pup that was posted after 9pm last Wed and when I called about adopting him at like 8am the next morning, he was already adopted.

That's a cute pup, but I couldn't be happier with the little guy I able to rescue.

Apparently termed a Teddy bear breed, but that's just a marketing buzz term. Can't see it in the pics, but he's got a brown tail and at the end are 2 black rings and the last couple of inches are all white to the tip. Cool markings - sort of looks like a paint brush or whatnot.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:24 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Apparently termed a Teddy bear breed, but that's just a marketing buzz term. Can't see it in the pics, but he's got a brown tail and at the end are 2 black rings and the last couple of inches are all white to the tip. Cool markings - sort of looks like a paint brush or whatnot.
Its annoying that people now give mutts cutesy names and then try to charge big money for dogs that used to have to give away because they weren't purebred. I don't know if you paid anything for your dog but I've seen it around here a lot lately, even for rescues (that come with large "re-homing" fees).
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:36 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Its annoying that people now give mutts cutesy names and then try to charge big money for dogs that used to have to give away because they weren't purebred. I don't know if you paid anything for your dog but I've seen it around here a lot lately, even for rescues (that come with large "re-homing" fees).
Ya, and I only paid the donation fee that goes to the shelter and things like cost of food, shots, getting fixed, vet care, getting him chipped, etc.

Peanuts in the adoption fee by comparison of what a breeder would charge and I did my homework on the shelter to vet their reputation and care for rescues. So I don't contribute to my own guilt for so many unwanted pets- even if it's not purely altruistic.

But I know what you mean- I've been suspicious of some rescues that seem more like fronts for breeders. Though a lot of rescues will come from breeders if a pup isn't sold after x amount of time, or is returned for whatever reason. Cooper and his litter mates were born March 19, so he's really young.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:54 PM 05-29-2014

[Reply]
Frosty 05:04 PM 05-29-2014
This is Lily (Tiger Lily), our latest rescue. She had apparently been a stray but had come into the shelter already spayed so may have been abandoned. I don't know why someone would do that because she is super friendly and sweet. Their loss is our gain, I guess.

She was tiny and skinny, only a little over 6 lbs when we got her in March. She is now at 9 lbs and it isn't all fat. The shelter thought she was around 2 years but I think she is barely out of kittenhood.

[Reply]
T-Town 06:38 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by T-Town:
What kind of dog is Lemmy? Looks like my dog Maggie and I have no idea what she is.

I did one of those DNA tests and got the results back last week. They could identify 5 breeds; Miniature Pinscher, Cocker Spaniel, Basenji, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Great Dane. I would say that qualifies her as a genuine mutt.

The test was pretty cool, they made a whole packet of information about the breeds, how the test was determined, etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:17 PM 05-29-2014
LOL at that 3rd pic of the cat. Usually when I see pics like that I envision them singing Opera or Death Metal.
[Reply]
Frosty 07:35 PM 05-29-2014
LOL at that 3rd pic of the cat. Usually when I see pics like that I envision them singing Opera or Death Metal.
It looks like she's playing air guitar, so it must be Death Metal.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:09 PM 05-29-2014
or maybe some Iron Maiden.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:49 PM 05-29-2014
Heres Dodger and Betty. He's a border collie mixed with a fence jumper almost 3 yrs old. Smartest most obedient damn dog Ive ever had. He pretty much goes everywhere with me. And Betty, my deaf 17 year old beagle. She was a hell of a rabbit dog back in the day and has always been a great member of the family. She pretty much does whatever she wants nowadays which is mostly sleeping.. She will ocassionaly grace me with a little bit of attention, lol and barely tolerates Dodger.
Attached: 20140504_212831.jpg (67.9 KB) 20140505_162349.jpg (86.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 77 of 167
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up