ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 319
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Toad 02:48 PM 02-11-2021
Coming off a relatively major injury, Fisher doesn’t hold all the leverage. Pending full and timely recovery, he may or may not be in the long term plans.

May be possible to extend him for say 1-2 additional year(s) and reduce his cap for 2012. With that, it could make it possible to sign a stop gap at LT for 1 year AND a draft someone to develop. That draftee could play at RT to audition for the LT.
[Reply]
O.city 02:48 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Probably the most underrated need on defense is a safety that can cover TE’s.

Watching brokedick Gronk look like prime Gronk disgusted me. We also struggled against the Dolphin’s TE’s in that game.

Not to mention Waller and the Raiders.
Thankfully we took a RB last year in the first round with Jeremy Chinn on the board....:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:48 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s an incredibly tough position to fill honestly. How many players in the league are capable of covering the best TE’s in the league?

I know for Kelce the only player I’ve seen completely shut him down was Derwin James.

Those guys are super rare
Finding a guy that can cover the leagues best TE’s is certainly hard.

Finding a guy that can cover brokedick Gronk and other average TE’s?

That shouldn’t be too difficult.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:51 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thankfully we took a RB last year in the first round with Jeremy Chinn on the board....:-)
Hey, I was a huge fan of Jeremy Chinn and nobody was pounding the table for him like I was. I actually even had him on my short list at 32.

But he didn’t even come close to being a 1st rounder, so this is silly. But do you...
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 02-11-2021
Finding a guy that can cover the leagues best TE’s is certainly hard.

Finding a guy that can cover brokedick Gronk and other average TE’s?

That shouldn’t be too difficult.
The goal isn’t to blanket every TE. The goal is to not to allow every TE to go off on you.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:53 PM 02-11-2021
Also I think people need to be realistic here. I just don’t think tackle is on the list unless it’s later in the draft. They aren’t just gonna give up on Fisher when Schwartz is likely done.

I think the most realistic viewpoint here is that Reiter is going to get paid and the Chiefs will be taking a C early in the draft to go with Niang as new starters.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also I think people need to be realistic here. I just don’t think tackle is on the list unless it’s later in the draft. They aren’t just gonna give up on Fisher when Schwartz is likely done.

I think the most realistic viewpoint here is that Reiter is going to get paid and the Chiefs will be taking a C early in the draft to go with Niang as new starters.
Once again. Who the fuck is playing LT?

And don’t say Remmers. He can’t fucking do it.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:57 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Once again. Who the **** is playing LT?

And don’t say Remmers. He can’t ****ing do it.
Fisher will be LT. He is not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Pants 02:57 PM 02-11-2021
The only issue with that is what about Niang?

He’s going to start at either RT or LT.
Assuming we keep Fish, while he is recovering, maybe Niang at LT and Remmers at RT? When Fish is back, slide Niang to RT.

What are your thoughts on Yasir?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:00 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Fisher will be LT. He is not going anywhere.
Who is playing LT while he recovers?
[Reply]
penguinz 03:00 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Assuming we keep Fish, while he is recovering, maybe Niang at LT and Remmers at RT? When Fish is back, slide Niang to RT.

Fisher will be fine for the start of the season. Achilles injuries are no where near as bad as they were 20 years ago.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:00 PM 02-11-2021
Can Allegretti play center? Didn’t he play some in the preseason after we drafted him?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:

I could possibly see that. All depends on how quickly Niang can come in, learn the offense, and get in football shape. He definitely has the talent to do it.

I don’t think Yasir is anything more than depth, but there’s a small chance he could become a starting G at some point.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:02 PM 02-11-2021
Who is playing LT while he recovers?
He will be fine for the start of the season. Plenty if time to recover. I had an FHL transfer for my achilles and had full medical release at 6 weeks. Was in the gym the next day doing squats and running sprints.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 02-11-2021
Can Allegretti play center? Didn’t he play some in the preseason after we drafted him?
They drafted him as a C, so it’s possible, but I have no clue whether they see him as the long term answer there or not.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 319
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up