ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Direckshun 08:35 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
When did Ironman become a B level character?
Uhhh, he absolutely was prior to RDJ and the MCU.

Iron Man was never in the same ballpark as Spider-Man, Superman, the Hulk, or Batman.

Edit: Again, people forget that making a movie about him was widely seen as a silly risk by Marvel.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Captain Marvel has several elements to her appeal, but one clear cultural one is that she is a wholesale rejection of Men’s Rights activism.
wut

the character was created in 1967
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:45 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wut

It’s almost like fictional characters evolve to fit their era.
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 PM 03-07-2019
wut

Technically, the character of Captain Marvel was created in 67, but that was the male alien Mar-vell, not Carol Danvers. Danvers has been around that long, but she went by Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird. There were then 5 other people who took the role Captain Marvel between Mar-vell and Danvers. Not until 2012 did Danvers take over the Captain Marvel title.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:53 PM 03-07-2019
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

If you’re wondering why exactly so many women are comfortable making this movie (and this character in general) a feminist riot grrrrl anthem, it’s because of the comments flooding this benign Marvel ad on Facebook.

Captain Marvel has several elements to her appeal, but one clear cultural one is that she is a wholesale rejection of Men’s Rights activism. And you can tell that from the comments here.
:-)
You are one strange bird.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 PM 03-07-2019
It’s almost like fictional characters evolve to fit their era.
because tony stark isn't a womanizing alcoholic jackass with a heart of gold in the iron man movies

wait what
[Reply]
FAX 09:58 PM 03-07-2019
because tony stark isn't a womanizing alcoholic jackass with a heart of gold in the iron man movies

wait what
And when Feminist Danvers meets Playboy Tony Stark in the movies, Pepper is going to poison her wine.

FAX
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 03-07-2019
All I know is, I better not see Clinton, Warren, Cortez or Pelosi in Captain Marvel suits anytime soon.

Then I will become enraged and MAGA.
[Reply]
FAX 10:06 PM 03-07-2019
That's all any of us really knows.

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 10:20 PM 03-07-2019
Carol Danvers actually began her comic career as the girlfriend of the original Captain Marvel, Mar-vell. Then later got mysteriously kidnapped and raped by an unknown alien and forced to give birth to that alien's baby like 2 days later. Who then turns out to be the alien that impregnated her. Seriously...

EDIT: Found it. Danvers Gave Birth to Her Own Rapist

https://www.cbr.com/things-that-turn...er-own-rapist/
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:24 PM 03-07-2019

wait what
He’s a one woman man by literally the end of the first movie.

Might want to pick another character. There’s no shortage of them in pop culture.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:25 PM 03-07-2019
All I know is, I better not see Clinton, Warren, Cortez or Pelosi in Captain Marvel suits anytime soon.

Then I will become enraged and MAGA.
Because?
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:26 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Carol Danvers actually began her comic career as the girlfriend of the original Captain Marvel, Mar-vell. Then later got mysteriously kidnapped and raped by an unknown alien and forced to give birth to that alien's baby like 2 days later.
Her mythology is aaaaaaaaall over the place.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 PM 03-07-2019
Because?
Because that's exactly the sort of bullshit comic book movies shouldn't be perpetrating.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 PM 03-07-2019
He’s a one woman man by literally the end of the first movie.
Bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up