ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
DaFace 09:20 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
People are just tired of being called racists, misogynists, etc 24fucking7.

It's on TV every god damn day. Somewhere, someone or something is racist. Gets old pretty quick.

There's a war vs the white conservative male in this country...and leftist celebs like Larson are very much part of the problem, and ever since Trump won, their whines and crying have gone into hyper-drive. The media/Hollywood/ and now pro sports have created this environment and its pushed down our throats daily.
Perhaps you'd feel better if you stopped caring so much. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:30 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
86% on Rotten Tomatoes w/ 35 reviews so far...
91% on 68 reviews now
[Reply]
DaFace 10:03 AM 03-05-2019
91% on 68 reviews now
Coming a little higher than I expected, so that's cool. I figure it's not going to be the best one we've seen recently, but it's not like they often screw it up.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:06 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Coming a little higher than I expected, so that's cool. I figure it's not going to be the best one we've seen recently, but it's not like they often screw it up.
I'm there....just ready for this bridge to end game
[Reply]
DaFace 10:11 AM 03-05-2019
I'm there....just ready for this bridge to end game
Yeah, that's kind of where I've landed. This is the prequel before we get the big finish. It almost doesn't matter as long as it's not awful.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:17 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Perhaps you'd feel better if you stopped caring so much. :-)
Can't give up that victim mentailty.
[Reply]
FAX 12:14 PM 03-05-2019
Speaking as a white male ...

When your demographic is constantly being kicked in the balls, buy stock in a company that manufactures cups.

There's profit to be had in every market environment.

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 01:11 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Speaking as a white male ...

When your demographic is constantly being kicked in the balls, buy stock in a company that manufactures cups.

There's profit to be had in every market environment.

FAX
I think this flick will be a lot like The Last Jedi.

The name recognition and the MCU's record of great movies will make it a mild success in $$$ numbers with a good opening week. People are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Then word of mouth will spread and it will be an incredibly divisive movie. Fan faith will be eroded because of misleading marketing (FIVE STARS!) and the same skepticism you see with Star Wars will be shared by the MCU fans.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:25 PM 03-05-2019
Reviews will go in both directions and, just as with Ghostbusters with tits and Wakanda forever, we'll get reviews that are based solely on the political. However, in the interest of nothing but it being the first full review I've read, I'll leave the NYP review here, just as a link.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/captai...uperhero-slog/
[Reply]
FAX 01:29 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I think this flick will be a lot like The Last Jedi.

The name recognition and the MCU's record of great movies will make it a mild success in $$$ numbers with a good opening week. People are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Then word of mouth will spread and it will be an incredibly divisive movie. Fan faith will be eroded because of misleading marketing (FIVE STARS!) and the same skepticism you see with Star Wars will be shared by the MCU fans.
You're probably right.

I have to say that cruising around social media is very much like walking the corridors of a madhouse. You hear vile exclamations and pronouncements of rage and anger and confusion coming from behind every locked door.

Allowing people you don't know and never will know to exercise influence on your thinking is probably a very bad idea.

Stan Lee was a Caucasian Jewish male person who introduced heroes who were non-white and female. He did the same thing with villains. His choice as editor-in-chief. Perhaps he's ultimately responsible.

The outrage associated with this movie (and Star Wars) is strange to me. Honestly, I wasn't happy when I learned that Peter Parker wasn't the only Spiderman. Should we burn all our old comic books and VHS tapes? That will simply exacerbate global warming. It's a no-win deal.

FAX
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:44 PM 03-05-2019
RT score now at 85% on 101 reviews.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:20 PM 03-05-2019
Their formula is pretty well laid out, learn about the character, see their transformation and a few early wins, have bad guy come in a wreck shit, beat bad guy and everyone cheers.

I enjoy them, but I’m sure they won’t deviate from the winning formula. Throw in a few decent one liners and profit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:02 PM 03-05-2019
The more 'negative 'reviews I've seen (which say the movie is just okay, not great but not bad...) all say that Larsen is good but the plot is weak, the movie isn't very deep and the effects are iffy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The more 'negative 'reviews I've seen (which say the movie is just okay, not great but not bad...) all say that Larsen is good but the plot is weak, the movie isn't very deep and the effects are iffy.
You'd think they'd get that right, as reliant as they are going to be on it. I mean, you can scrimp a few bucks on Captain America, but all this? Dumb.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:10 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
People are just tired of being called racists, misogynists, etc 24****ing7.

It's on TV every god damn day. Somewhere, someone or something is racist. Gets old pretty quick.

There's a war vs the white conservative male in this country...and leftist celebs like Larson are very much part of the problem, and ever since Trump won, their whines and crying have gone into hyper-drive. The media/Hollywood/ and now pro sports have created this environment and its pushed down our throats daily.
:-)

It's telling when asking for an equal voice is somehow an attack on white people.

Incels. :-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up