ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
FAX 09:39 AM 03-03-2019
Pre-ordered tickets for the 8th and decent seats were basically impossible to find in my neck of the woods.

FAX
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:15 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by :
Captain Marvel’s Brie Larson: 2019 is About “Intersectional Feminism”
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...onal-feminism/
[Reply]
DaFace 12:02 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Pre-ordered tickets for the 8th and decent seats were basically impossible to find in my neck of the woods.

FAX
Yeah, even a couple weeks ago the best seats were already gone around here.
[Reply]
1claire 01:03 AM 03-04-2019
A lot of Marvel fans are excited to see the film, I hope that the hype will be worth the wait.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:59 AM 03-04-2019
I like that it's getting positive reviews. It'll be important for this film to do well, I think. The MCU is unique in that it has created a pretty great backlog of interesting female characters.

The Scarlet Witch is a mega-powered but emotionally immature. The Black Widow came across in films like Cap 2 and Avengers 2 as someone doing what she can to survive. Gamora has the background of an assassin but the heart of a noble warrior. Mantis just wants to exist in freedom. And this doesn't even include Jessica Jones, who is Marvel's best-ever female but her role in the MCU is relegated to the Netflix street-levelers. Or the bloodthirsty Hela, or the whipsmart Shuri. The Wasp has a ton of potential, too, as her action scenes have been phenomenal.

The MCU has done such a brilliant job cultivating a good backlog of female characters in the background that I have a hard time thinking they can't push one to the front of a movie. I can't help but think the eventual Black Widow movie won't make gazillions of dollars, and there are tons of alternative arthouse possiblities with characters like Rogue, or Squirrel Girl, or Ms. Marvel, or Kate Bishop.

But all those characters have shades of subtlety and quirks. I think your cinematic universe needs a broad heart-of-gold character at its center for all the other idiosyncrasies to bounce off of. The universe of female characters needs Captain Marvel to land.

The MCU needs that character, too. For a decade-plus, it's been Chris Evans' Captain America. For the next decade, it'll probably be Brie Larson's Captain Marvel.

I'm sure this movie will at least be pretty good, based on the early reviews on Twitter. But if it's a smash success and a really good film, we're looking at an excellent decade-plus ahead, and a new generation of diverse superheroes from every walk of life, rather than the usual parade of white guys.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:22 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
Not that it means anything because it is still early. But I went to Pre-Order some tickets for my girlfriends kid and there was over half the theater still available. Was surprised I was able to get such good seats this close to release.
[Reply]
Monty 01:54 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Not that it means anything because it is still early. But I went to Pre-Order some tickets for my girlfriends kid and there was over half the theater still available. Was surprised I was able to get such good seats this close to release.
Same here, I have a friend who's going on Thursday evening and asked if there were any extras thinking it would be next to impossible. The theater seating chart showed 80% empty, so I'm going on Thursday.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:08 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...onal-feminism/
No, Brie. 2019 is about if the Avengers can reverse Thanos' snap and if Star Wars Ep. IX will be an improvement of the piece of shit The Last Jedi turned out to be. Get your damned priorities together.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:52 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I don't understand the focus on her looks. It makes sense within the comic book world that someone like Black Widow would be a sexpot because she uses it as one of many weapons in her arsenal as a non-super super hero.

Captain Marvel doesn't need to have a thicc thighs and an ass that fills out the back of her suit in order to do her job as she has other things going for her. Also, Captain Marvel is pretty important in Rogue's backstory and Mystique is a major foe in her story line. If Marvel intends to bring the X-Men into the MCU... it only makes sense to bring Danvers into the story line.

I do, though, get being overwhelmed by Marvel/super hero content. I'm somewhat in the same boat but I'm dealing with it by forgoing DC content in favor of Marvel.

---

As for her being political? As long as she isn't ****ing children and hurling puppies off an overpass... I'm hard pressed to care. The only actor whose movies I actively avoid is Tom Cruise and only because the guy is a certifiable cultist whackjob.
Are you saying those things are of equal importance in your mind? If so, get help.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:53 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Are you saying those things are of equal importance in your mind? If so, get help.
If that is what you took away from my post... you should get help.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:26 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No, Brie. 2019 is about if the Avengers can reverse Thanos' snap and if Star Wars Ep. IX will be an improvement of the piece of shit The Last Jedi turned out to be. Get your damned priorities together.
At least there is an emotional attachment with the MCU, but with Star Wars the anger and resentment of the franchise has turned to apathy which is a death sentence.

Brie's divisive comments and attitude could potentially put the MCU in jeopardy as an automatic cash cow.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:18 AM 03-05-2019

:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:24 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

:-)
"dear white men haters" - It seems as if she is addressing people who hate white men... no?

If she instead meant to insult and dis-invite men... shouldn't it have said

"Dear white, men, and haters"

instead?

/edit - pointing out her bad grammar... not defending her position at all
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:38 AM 03-05-2019
People are just tired of being called racists, misogynists, etc 24fucking7.

It's on TV every god damn day. Somewhere, someone or something is racist. Gets old pretty quick.

There's a war vs the white conservative male in this country...and leftist celebs like Larson are very much part of the problem, and ever since Trump won, their whines and crying have gone into hyper-drive. The media/Hollywood/ and now pro sports have created this environment and its pushed down our throats daily.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:47 AM 03-05-2019
86% on Rotten Tomatoes w/ 35 reviews so far...
[Reply]
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up