ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Fish 11:31 AM 02-28-2019
Yeah, they couldn't use the name "Chewie" so they changed it to "Goose."

I read that they had difficulties with filming scenes with the cat, because Brie Larson is allergic to cats. LOL...
[Reply]
Rausch 01:41 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters. Someone's forecast about how much money it's going to make doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.
And that's where you're dead wrong. Marketing matters.

Marketing sells everything from toilet paper to movies. Bad marketing costs millions.

Would you say "it doesn't matter" if Chris Evans was asked about diversity in Cap movies and he said "I don't care what some black guy thinks. The film wasn't made for him."

That's the kind of shit the star of this movie says. Only change black to white.

This type of politics is taking a story about characters who already are diverse, different, hell even aliens who don't care and work together for the common good and changing that to a theme of not only is sex important but it's the emphasis.

And it doesn't matter if that's in the movie or not - THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MARKETING THE FILM.

The comments weren't removed for trolls - there was no trolling. There were almost no offensive or insulting comments on there. There are vids you can pull up where people took screen shots before the commenting was closed. It was overwhelmingly negative feedback based on the marketing of the film.

This was a movie that had a 90+% of people wanting to see it and that dropped into the 20's in three weeks of the star running her mouth. That is interest in your product tanking because of your marketing.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:21 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And that's where you're dead wrong. Marketing matters.

Marketing sells everything from toilet paper to movies. Bad marketing costs millions.

Would you say "it doesn't matter" if Chris Evans was asked about diversity in Cap movies and he said "I don't care what some black guy thinks. The film wasn't made for him."

That's the kind of shit the star of this movie says. Only change black to white.

This type of politics is taking a story about characters who already are diverse, different, hell even aliens who don't care and work together for the common good and changing that to a theme of not only is sex important but it's the emphasis.

And it doesn't matter if that's in the movie or not - THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MARKETING THE FILM.

The comments weren't removed for trolls - there was no trolling. There were almost no offensive or insulting comments on there. There are vids you can pull up where people took screen shots before the commenting was closed. It was overwhelmingly negative feedback based on the marketing of the film.

This was a movie that had a 90+% of people wanting to see it and that dropped into the 20's in three weeks of the star running her mouth. That is interest in your product tanking because of your marketing.
Na. Still don't care. Still think you are crazy for caring. Michael Jackson was a creep, but I'm gonna stop listening to his music. Kevin Spacey is a creep, but the Usual Suspects is still one of my favorite movies. Gary Glitter is a creep, but I still wish the Chiefs hadn't changed the TD song.

I'll never understand why people seem to enjoy being pissed off all the time. Smoke some weed or something, calm down, and enjoy art for what is is.
[Reply]
threebag 02:35 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I say this not to trigger a political conversation, but to prepare people who might not have heard. Feige has made it clear, though not in so many words, that meddling with the characters and stories for political reasons is the plan for the future. The female/gay/tranny/etc... stuff is going to be ramped up moving forward.
Wait for the Muslim versions Coming To A Theatre Near You...
[Reply]
Frazod 02:50 PM 02-28-2019
I finally read up on this a bit and watched a couple of videos. Prior to all this, I had never heard of Brie Larson, had no idea who she was, or that she'd won an Oscar.

Well, she certainly comes off like an arrogant twat to me. Most of them are a little better at hiding it. Addressing the controversy in interviews you can pretty clearly see the anger in her eyes. I don't think she's much of a fan of the little people, regardless of what sex or color they are. Which makes her typical Hollywood elite.

Anyway, I'm sick as fuck of all this Marvel comic book shit anyway, so I wouldn't have gone to see it in the first place. But had I been on the fence, her attitude would have probably pushed me off it.

And this bitch is nothing special. While I don't think Gal Gadot was the ideal Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot is definitely exotically beautiful. Larson looks like she fell off a bland ass Barbie Doll assembly line.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:51 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And this bitch is nothing special. While I don't think Gal Gadot was the ideal Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot is definitely exotically beautiful. Larson looks like she fell off a bland ass Barbie Doll assembly line.
I don't understand the focus on her looks. It makes sense within the comic book world that someone like Black Widow would be a sexpot because she uses it as one of many weapons in her arsenal as a non-super super hero.

Captain Marvel doesn't need to have a thicc thighs and an ass that fills out the back of her suit in order to do her job as she has other things going for her. Also, Captain Marvel is pretty important in Rogue's backstory and Mystique is a major foe in her story line. If Marvel intends to bring the X-Men into the MCU... it only makes sense to bring Danvers into the story line.

I do, though, get being overwhelmed by Marvel/super hero content. I'm somewhat in the same boat but I'm dealing with it by forgoing DC content in favor of Marvel.

---

As for her being political? As long as she isn't fucking children and hurling puppies off an overpass... I'm hard pressed to care. The only actor whose movies I actively avoid is Tom Cruise and only because the guy is a certifiable cultist whackjob.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:34 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I don't understand the focus on her looks. It makes sense within the comic book world that someone like Black Widow would be a sexpot because she uses it as one of many weapons in her arsenal as a non-super super hero.

Captain Marvel doesn't need to have a thicc thighs and an ass that fills out the back of her suit in order to do her job as she has other things going for her. Also, Captain Marvel is pretty important in Rogue's backstory and Mystique is a major foe in her story line. If Marvel intends to bring the X-Men into the MCU... it only makes sense to bring Danvers into the story line.

I do, though, get being overwhelmed by Marvel/super hero content. I'm somewhat in the same boat but I'm dealing with it by forgoing DC content in favor of Marvel.

---

As for her being political? As long as she isn't fucking children and hurling puppies off an overpass... I'm hard pressed to care. The only actor whose movies I actively avoid is Tom Cruise and only because the guy is a certifiable cultist whackjob.
You're obviously way more invested in this than I am. I didn't even know there was a female Captain Marvel - you say Captain Marvel, I think Billy Batson and Shazam. I was never into comic books as a kid.

That said, it just goes without saying that whether male or female, the star of a major movie should be attractive. At least it used to. She just does nothing for me. Her barely disguised "fuck you" attitude doesn't help.

And I'm just the opposite on Cruise. Yeah, he's a whacked out cultist douche, but he keeps it to himself. I generally enjoy his movies.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:01 PM 02-28-2019
You're obviously way more invested in this than I am. I didn't even know there was a female Captain Marvel - you say Captain Marvel, I think Billy Batson and Shazam. I was never into comic books as a kid.

That said, it just goes without saying that whether male or female, the star of a major movie should be attractive. At least it used to. She just does nothing for me. Her barely disguised "**** you" attitude doesn't help.

And I'm just the opposite on Cruise. Yeah, he's a whacked out cultist douche, but he keeps it to himself. I generally enjoy his movies.
Better call Marvel and tell them to pull the movie from theaters; some guy in the Midwest doesn't get a hard on when he sees Brie Larson in costume.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:08 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Better call Marvel and tell them to pull the movie from theaters; some guy in the Midwest doesn't get a hard on when he sees Brie Larson in costume.
Go for it. You might spend a few days on hold, though.
[Reply]
FAX 07:10 PM 02-28-2019
I, for one, don't care what she says. She's an actress. They rise and fade. Come and go. And some go crazier than others. Occasionally, one will succumb to a life of alcoholism and years of isolation and melancholy while their best clothing rots in the closet.

On the other hand, I don't get along particularly well with the traditional nerd class either. In fact, uber nerds sometimes give me the creeps. One minute you're merely trying to finish your meal and the next minute they've contrived and articulated some obscure D&D scenario ... asking you if you want to use your conjuring powers to open a secret door or have another coffee with dessert. It's creepy.

Let them fight their wars. Actresses vs. Nerds. Go at it. If I like the movie, I may see it twice.

FAX
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:12 PM 02-28-2019
I've always liked Marvel more than DC. Their super heroes, on average, seemed more human/average and less boyscout/anti-hero to me and that made a big difference in how much I could relate to the character. For example... Superman, IMO, is hands down the worst super hero to exist.

If the comics weren't big for you... are you familiar with Shazam because of the TV show in the 70's? I never watched it so I was largely unfamiliar with character other than light reading on the naming issue between the companies.

Originally Posted by :
That said, it just goes without saying that whether male or female, the star of a major movie should be attractive. At least it used to. She just does nothing for me.
Different strokes for different folks but... she has enough going to grab my attention.

[Reply]
Frazod 07:28 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I've always liked Marvel more than DC. Their super heroes, on average, seemed more human/average and less boyscout/anti-hero to me and that made a big difference in how much I could relate to the character. For example... Superman, IMO, is hands down the worst super hero to exist.

If the comics weren't big for you... are you familiar with Shazam because of the TV show in the 70's? I never watched it so I was largely unfamiliar with character other than light reading on the naming issue between the companies.

Different strokes for different folks but... she has enough going to grab my attention.

Yes, I watched the Shazam TV show when I was a kid. That was the only Captain Marvel I knew about until a couple of months ago. Kind of ironic that that's coming out soon as a movie, as well. I'm actually kind of looking forward to that. Although from the trailer it looks more like a superhero version of Big than the old Saturday morning show.

And she's okay. Kind of a Plain Jane face and thin lips. Decent rack, I guess.

I like brunettes with big brown eyes.
[Reply]
007 08:27 PM 02-28-2019
Yes, I watched the Shazam TV show when I was a kid. That was the only Captain Marvel I knew about until a couple of months ago. Kind of ironic that that's coming out soon as a movie, as well. I'm actually kind of looking forward to that. Although from the trailer it looks more like a superhero version of Big than the old Saturday morning show.

And she's okay. Kind of a Plain Jane face and thin lips. Decent rack, I guess.

I like brunettes with big brown eyes.
Even that pic makes her look like "JFC take the picture"
[Reply]
DaFace 10:36 PM 02-28-2019
This thread made me realize we never activated the thumbs anywhere but the Lounge. People seem to like them, so they're now on in here and all the other forums except DC and the Romper Room, which seem like they'd be a shit show.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:37 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Even that pic makes her look like "JFC take the picture"
It really does, lol
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up