ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:09 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters.
Agreed. Honestly, I wouldn't know anything Larson has said except that it's been posted in here.
[Reply]
Fish 01:11 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter.
No we don't!

:-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:12 PM 02-27-2019
Just for the record, it's not at all uncommon to boot the trolls from the thread and in some cases move the threads to the Romper Room.
Did they boot trolls? Did they only shut down this part for Captain Marvel?

No, they shutdown the entire piece of their website.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:16 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters. Someone's forecast about how much money it's going to make doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.

My position in this thread, as it has always been, is that the movie is likely to be good based on Marvel's track record, but if it's not it'll tank.

I'm just incredibly frustrated that this thread is a shit show that has very little do to with the movie that we're supposed to be talking about, and I feel bad for those who care so much about the opinions of others that it interferes with your ability to enjoy a goddamn movie.

The end.
So you are sick of people injecting stuff that doesn't belong in a conversation about a movie if I am understanding this correctly?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:40 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters. Someone's forecast about how much money it's going to make doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.

My position in this thread, as it has always been, is that the movie is likely to be good based on Marvel's track record, but if it's not it'll tank.

I'm just incredibly frustrated that this thread is a shit show that has very little do to with the movie that we're supposed to be talking about, and I feel bad for those who care so much about the opinions of others that it interferes with your ability to enjoy a goddamn movie.

The end.

[Reply]
BigRichard 01:57 PM 02-27-2019

The end.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:31 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Agreed. Honestly, I wouldn't know anything Larson has said except that it's been posted in here.
Basically. Idgaf unless they did something illegal or hurt someone in any way physically etc then that may be a reason for me to not support the movie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 02-27-2019
How many pages has it been since there was any talk about the actual movie?
[Reply]
Bowser 04:53 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
How many pages has it been since there was any talk about the actual movie?
Depends. How many posts per page are you set to? :-)

Here's a mashup vid with the latest teaser/trailers. There's a couple of shots in there I hadn't seen before....

[Reply]
FAX 04:55 PM 02-27-2019

The end.
See.

This, right here, should be the preamble included in every movie. Even foreign movies, lifetime movies, and documentary films. It should run after the credits and before the first scene. And it should be slowly scrolled in that cool, fuzzy typeface with sparkles. And it should be narrated by Sam Elliot.

Thank you, Mr. DaFace. Your contributions to art and the world of cinema are appreciated.

FAX
[Reply]
DaFace 05:28 PM 02-27-2019
This might be buried in here, but it cracks me up that they did an hour-long live stream of the cat just sitting around.

For anyone who knows the comics, does the cat...do something? Like, does it talk? Or otherwise is it a character in some way more than just her pet? I'm just trying to wrap my head around why people are so excited about the damn cat (and I have two cats - I'm by no means a hater of felines).
[Reply]
Frazod 07:05 PM 02-27-2019
This might be buried in here, but it cracks me up that they did an hour-long live stream of the cat just sitting around.

For anyone who knows the comics, does the cat...do something? Like, does it talk? Or otherwise is it a character in some way more than just her pet? I'm just trying to wrap my head around why people are so excited about the damn cat (and I have two cats - I'm by no means a hater of felines).
I have a cat named Apollo who looks just like that. He puked on a pile of clean laundry last week. Fucker.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:33 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Like Star Wars: A Solo Story if you piss off a quarter or more of your general audience you'll make less at the box office.
Right. But Solo was the sacrificial lamb as recompense for Episode 8. This movie seems to just be genuinely disliked because the lead actress is using it as a political platform. Also trolling happens on the internet consistently, but I don't think it happens in such a widespread manner as people might think. I'd suspect about 70% of those "want to see" ratings are genuine and the other 30% are trolls for and against the movie. It was overwhelmingly negative. If it's so easy to downvote then wouldn't it be just as easy to upvote and cancel it out? It goes both ways. Just my $0.02
[Reply]
unlurking 09:52 PM 02-27-2019

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chewie_(Earth-58163)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:36 AM 02-28-2019
Fascinating. Guess we'll see how they handle it in the movie.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up