ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
milkman 05:53 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

you're so stupid
Like your opinion really matters.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:54 PM 01-24-2010
it just cracks me up...

it's like no one actually watches the games...

HELLO!?

someone PLEASE tell me there is a QB out there that has ever played the game better than Peyton Manning...and I'm just talking about on HIS best day...

On Peyton's BEST day...no one compares.

Now...my dad told me something a long time ago about his golf game that kind of stuck with me...his brother (my uncle) is a golf pro and I'd ride/walk along with them when I was 8 or 9 (I didn't play, just watched) and my dad was an above average golfer but nowhere near as good as my uncle...but a lot of the time he would out drive him and hit better shots...and I asked him..."dad, why aren't you as good as your brother? You can hit all the shots..." and he told me the difference between him and my uncle is that his WORST golf shots are still pretty close to as good as his best golf shots...whereas my dad's worst golf shots were really bad, as opposed to not as good as his best...

So if we want to argue that Peyton's bad days are what keeps him from being better than Joe Montana...I guess we can agree to disagree...

but if someone wants to try and tell me that there has been better QB play than Peyton Manning when he's in the zone...then they are just foolish.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:54 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Which is why the Bulls won the championship the year he wasn't there.
I'm assuming this is sarcasm. I don't think the Bulls have ever won a championship that didn't include Michael Jordan. I could be wrong on that, but they didn't win one while he was playing baseball.
[Reply]
kstater 05:55 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I'm assuming this is sarcasm. I don't think the Bulls have ever won a championship that didn't include Michael Jordan. I could be wrong on that, but they didn't win one while he was playing baseball.
Yeah, that's kind of my entire point.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:55 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
Like your opinion really matters.
you're a fucking moron...and not for Peyton Manning...at least that is a debate...

the Michael Jordan thing isn't even close to a debate...

and you're a moron for suggesting otherwise...

a moron of epic proportions...
[Reply]
milkman 05:56 PM 01-24-2010
Which is why the Bulls won the championship the year he wasn't there.
Michael played in an era when there were no great teams.

Some good ones, but not great.

He made the players around him more effective at what they did well, but he didn't make them better at what they didn't.

Magic raised the play of the weak aspects of the players around him, as well as what they already excelled at.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:57 PM 01-24-2010
Yeah, that's kind of my entire point.
I missed the sarcasm. It's harder to read on the internet. :-)
[Reply]
milkman 05:58 PM 01-24-2010
you're a ****ing moron...and not for Peyton Manning...at least that is a debate...

the Michael Jordan thing isn't even close to a debate...

and you're a moron for suggesting otherwise...

a moron of epic proportions...
And again, I care about the opinion of someone universally accepted as a useless dumbass and douchebag about as much as I care about winning a trip to Watts.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:58 PM 01-24-2010
This. Although I'd say if he gets his second this year, I'd start the argument. A 3rd and IMO there shouldn't be an argument.
Montana has 4. If Manning can win 4, I'd anoint him. Not until...
[Reply]
Hootie 05:58 PM 01-24-2010
Michael played in an era when there were no great teams.

Some good ones, but not great.

He made the players around him more effective at what they did well, but he didn't make them better at what they didn't.

Magic raised the play of the weak aspects of the players around him, as well as what they already excelled at.
I love it.

Wilt played in an era where there were no good players.

I could score 100 points if I played a team of 5th graders.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:59 PM 01-24-2010
And again, I care about the opinion of someone universally accepted as a useless dumbass and douchebag about as much as I care about winning a trip to Watts.
I'm a useless dumbass who is ALWAYS right against you...

ALWAYS...

Stemming back to Huard...

All the way to Manning/Brady...

and I've been saying the same thing since 2003...it's good to see that finally everyone is jumping on board...you'll be on soon enough. You can only deny it so much until you no longer want to beat yourself up over defending something that makes you look like a total retard.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:00 PM 01-24-2010
it just cracks me up...

it's like no one actually watches the games...

HELLO!?

someone PLEASE tell me there is a QB out there that has ever played the game better than Peyton Manning...and I'm just talking about on HIS best day...

On Peyton's BEST day...no one compares.

Now...my dad told me something a long time ago about his golf game that kind of stuck with me...his brother (my uncle) is a golf pro and I'd ride/walk along with them when I was 8 or 9 (I didn't play, just watched) and my dad was an above average golfer but nowhere near as good as my uncle...but a lot of the time he would out drive him and hit better shots...and I asked him..."dad, why aren't you as good as your brother? You can hit all the shots..." and he told me the difference between him and my uncle is that his WORST golf shots are still pretty close to as good as his best golf shots...whereas my dad's worst golf shots were really bad, as opposed to not as good as his best...

So if we want to argue that Peyton's bad days are what keeps him from being better than Joe Montana...I guess we can agree to disagree...

but if someone wants to try and tell me that there has been better QB play than Peyton Manning when he's in the zone...then they are just foolish.
Your analogy is a good one. And that's why it's hard to argue against guys you haven't personally witnessed, live, in real time with any kind of consistency. Montana was everything that Peyton is now. He just didn't have the epic fuck ups that Peyton had early in his career. Right now, Montana is the GOAT. But I do think it's only a matter of time before Peyton erases that. Peyton has a lot less to work with than Joe did.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:00 PM 01-24-2010
Somebody's a little insecure.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:01 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
If he was doing that now, I'd be with you. But a lot of guys choked in big games early in their career. Elway being at the top of the list. Way to go. 97 yards two times to beat the same team to go the Super Bowl. How'd he do once he got there? I'm not going to hold the first 5 years of his career against him almost 10 years later. Brady could never do the things Peyton is doing right now. Ever.
Are you sure? Brady has the record for TD passes in a season with 50. Whose record of 48 did he break? :-)
[Reply]
milkman 06:02 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by H5N1:
milkman also doesn't think much of barry sanders--not in his top three all-time RBs. go figure.
Sanders was a great RB, but he never fully understood when to simply take what the defense gave him.

Now, admittedly, we might have missed a few electrifying runs had he done that, but the fact is, losing yardage is not a recipe for team success.

I'll take the guys that are almost always moving forward.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up