ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:08 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
BUT WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT LDT AND NIANG?!?!

Man the pre-season hand-wringing over that stuff was silly. Oh no, we don't have a C- guard and a 3rd round swing tackle. We're doomed. Dooooooooooomed.

Meanwhile the addition of an All-Pro LG and moving Wylie back to where he excelled in 2018 is just ignored. Not to mention the return of the Pro Bowl LT who we were literally undefeated with last season.
Seems like linebacker and secondary are the bigger concern for sure. Nothing any of us can do about it. Just have to hope these particular areas of the team do not end up ruining a Super Bowl run like what happened with the defense in 2018.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:59 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Seems like linebacker and secondary are the bigger concern for sure. Nothing any of us can do about it. Just have to hope these particular areas of the team do not end up ruining a Super Bowl run like what happened with the defense in 2018.
Um, you might remember that it's basically the same exact defensive unit we ran with to win a Super Bowl last season. You know, the one that was ranked no. 1 from week 12 through week 17? Plus, Spags defense's are always significantly better in their second year.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:06 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, you might remember that it's basically the same exact defensive unit we ran with to win a Super Bowl last season. You know, the one that was ranked no. 1 from week 12 through week 17? Plus, Spags defense's are always significantly better in their second year.
I'm aware of that. They didn't look very good against the Texans and I don't trust them (linebackers in particular) against a powerhouse Ravens offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:08 PM 09-17-2020
Secondary?

Maybe for a few weeks, but when Breeland is back the secondary is pretty set starter and depth wise. Ward might not even miss a game.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:12 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Secondary?

Maybe for a few weeks, but when Breeland is back the secondary is pretty set starter and depth wise. Ward might not even miss a game.
Hope you are right. :-) A lot depends on the guys staying healthy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:12 PM 09-17-2020
I'm aware of that. They didn't look very good against the Texans and I don't trust them (linebackers in particular) against a powerhouse Ravens offense.
They didn't have a preseason and it was week 1. Everyone looked a little rusty. And that includes the offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:18 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Secondary?

If Sneed is even 80% as good as he was against Texas, a top 3 CB set of Breeland, Ward and Sneed is, what, top 5 in the NFL? No worse than top 10. Add Fenton and your top Dime CB group is literally as good as anyone in football's.

And the safety pair is top 5 for sure with a guy in Sorensen in the 3rd spot who's limited but quite good when asked to play in a limited capacity.

The secondary doesn't worry me even a little bit at this point. Sure, Ward's injury and Breeland's suspension suck and could cost us the 1 seed. That would blow. But shit happens and if that lot is healthy in the post-season, I give zero fucks about having to go to Baltimore of that's how things shake out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 09-17-2020
The linebackers, OTOH....

Yeah, they make me nervous. I really hope to see some development from Gay by the end of the year. They need more athleticism there in the worst way.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:37 PM 09-17-2020
The linebackers, OTOH....

Yeah, they make me nervous. I really hope to see some development from Gay by the end of the year. They need more athleticism there in the worst way.
Agree, really hope Willie is able to turn into a strong contributor for them by the time we get to the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 PM 09-17-2020
People forget that Osemele was the highest paid Guard 3 years ago. He’s been an all pro. It’s just that the Jets killed everything he had
[Reply]
DRM08 12:51 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
People forget that Osemele was the highest paid Guard 3 years ago. He’s been an all pro. It’s just that the Jets killed everything he had
Would be pretty cool if we see more guys like him joining the Chiefs in the future. If you want a ring as a veteran, KC is a great place to go!
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 01:19 PM 09-17-2020
My word - look at how strong Osemele is:

I mean...just...dayum. That man is an ox.
Mike DeVito said Osemele the strongest player he's ever played against.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Mike DeVito said Osemele the strongest player he's ever played against.
Sadly, we don't play the Rams this year.

I'd love to see a few reps between him and Donald.

Anybody caught in the wash may have a limb torn off.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:32 PM 09-17-2020
Agree, really hope Willie is able to turn into a strong contributor for them by the time we get to the playoffs.
Accidentally thumbs downed.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:46 PM 09-17-2020
I heard Osemele wants to finish his career here. Idk how long he plans to play being 31 now, but maybe 2-4 years?

If he will play for cheap and can stay healthy through this season, he’s a keeper.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Up