ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 09-17-2020

I love the design of the TE screen. KC has had this screen since I can remember all the way back to 2013. But they have the speed now to pull defenders both directions with Hardman on swing and the back in the flats. Opens the middle right up. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/6DFURqNch3

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 17, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 09-17-2020

Reiter & Osemele pick this up like champs. Texans try a twist. Reiter rides the defender out. Osemele handles business. Fisher gets the reach and Edwards-Helaire showcases his shiftiness & balance. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/kVKLQ1ktrd

So did the Chiefs get a pretty big upgrade in Osemele?
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 09-17-2020

One of the easier releases Watkins has probably had in his career. Mahomes just has to read the backer and throw. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/92wSYaxixS

Just too easy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 09-17-2020

Something I’ll be curious to see the next three weeks. How the backers do against play-action. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/hcNtus3pVQ

Lbers getting killed with PA
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 09-17-2020

Wylie, Fisher and Osemele just burying people. Edwards-Helaire takes full advantage of it. I love good running block this time of year. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/of5Rh0VkUK

[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 09-17-2020

Hat on hat in the stretch game. Keizer gets the reach it is Edwards-Helaire vs 23 for the endzone. Winner take all. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/h3cIoP49UF

[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 09-17-2020

Clark sets the edge. Wharton and Jones create the wall. Just good DL run defense. Nowhere to run. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/wWB3qEpEKp

Who the hell is this Wharton guy?
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 09-17-2020

I appreciate the closing speed by Thompson here in the run support. He is going with the TE. Sees the run. Puts on the E break, breaks down and makes the tackle. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/mQ5l5C3xmW

I mean thats a rookie UDFA DL from a D....I don't even know what Rolla is. Look at him use his hands and control the Guard.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:54 AM 09-17-2020
God Osemele looked good that night. If he can keep that up and stay healthy, man oh man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
God Osemele looked good that night. If he can keep that up and stay healthy, man oh man.
BUT WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT LDT AND NIANG?!?!

Man the pre-season hand-wringing over that stuff was silly. Oh no, we don't have a C- guard and a 3rd round swing tackle. We're doomed. Dooooooooooomed.

Meanwhile the addition of an All-Pro LG and moving Wylie back to where he excelled in 2018 is just ignored. Not to mention the return of the Pro Bowl LT who we were literally undefeated with last season.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:09 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I am really enjoying having him on the line compared to the guys they ran last year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:11 AM 09-17-2020
Why does Wylie actually look good playing RG? I thought I’d never say this but Schwartz looked like the worst person on the line Thursday night
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 09-17-2020
My word - look at how strong Osemele is:

His leverage here isn't perfect and the DT is attacking upfield at impact. Osemele isn't the low man and the DT gets into his body. He even rocks Osemele back a little bit and tries a little push/pull (I think) that gets Osemele's shoulders to dip. By pure technique (and degree of difficulty - that's a pretty tough reach block), Osemele should've lost that rep. There should not have been a gap there.

And the dude is just so fucking strong that he maintains the gap, pushes his man back into the pile to cut off back-side pursuit from a couple other Texans and then friggen pancakes him to boot.

Holy. Shit.

I mean...just...dayum. That man is an ox.
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 09-17-2020
If they can continue to run and block like that, you aren't gonna stop this team. It's just not possible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they can continue to run and block like that, you aren't gonna stop this team. It's just not possible.
I was talking to a friend of mine about dealing with Taylor and how we'd have to address Eckler. I mentioned the heavy nickel stuff we do and how teams just kinda have to do more of that against pass-catching backs and how it can be pretty effective against teams like SD who don't have a true threat to dominate between the tackles.

Then I thought about the Chiefs. And CEH's ability to run inside. And the fact that even a heavy nickel is going to need to allocate that box safety to Kelce so CEH will STILL be unaccounted for.

Then I realized you really cannot use the Chiefs to discuss how a defense needs to gameplan against mere mortals because this team cannot be gameplanned against. It just can't. You can't have a heavy nickel with the box safety on CEH because Kelce will murder you. If you put him on Kelce, CEH will kill you out of the backfield. If you put a safety on Kelce and a lighter, more athletic Will on CEH, Osemele will knock his ass into the sun and CEH will run it up the middle for 12.

Oh, and Mahomes may just decide to change it at the line or Reid will dial up an RPO and Mahomes will pull it to go downfield to Hill for 60. Or Watkins for 15. Or even Robinson/Hardman on some playground shit for 25.

What. Do. You. Do?

I mean...I think I kinda understand this game and I have NOTHING for this damn team. Just nothing at all. You can call the right plays and still just not have enough guys on the field to succeed. You can call the right play and have a 90% execution rate and our friggen wizard at QB will find the one dude that failed (because someone always fails, especially against elite talent) and get him the ball.

I do not envy DCs in this league man. This team can't be gameplanned unless you just have 4 all-pros on your DL and make Mahomes life hell. But if Reiter, Osemele and Wylie play like they played last week, event hat won't be enough.

I've never seen anything like it.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Up