ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:03 PM 12-10-2019
I think the Reiter experiment should end very soon. He's just not very good. That wasn't much of a reach block; Wiz probably easily makes that block.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:09 PM 12-10-2019
Damn Darwin wide open on the same play they used with Kareem in 2017. Embarrassing that Reiter and LDT doublesd 1 player and got beat. That’s just pure laziness.

That’s an easy TD if they simply hold that block

This is such a great design to get the ball to Darwin Thompson.

Trails Watkins from out of the backfield into a giant hole in the zone created by Watkins. Pressure from the interior prevents the throw. pic.twitter.com/haqBtAJWcP

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:10 PM 12-10-2019
Nnadi is fucking awesome. Crazy how good he’s been.

If it’s 2009, he’s a pro bowler.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:16 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Damn Darwin wide open on the same play they used with Kareem in 2017. Embarrassing that Reiter and LDT doublesd 1 player and got beat. That’s just pure laziness.

That's pathetic.
[Reply]
Three7s 03:17 PM 12-10-2019

I really miss Morse.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:20 PM 12-10-2019
So this Harris guy we may have something here

Great job by Harris and Saunders here. Harris sets the edge, Saunders battles through his double team and they combine for the short yardage tackle. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/wZm5Ay95zh

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 10, 2019

Harris does a good job taking on the double so Thornhill has a clean shot at the tackle on the edge. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/Cqyjznuvxa

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:59 PM 12-10-2019
My god. A double team can't even be held up.

That's a big gainer.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 12-10-2019

I've gotten so very tired of saying "Jesus Christ this interior line is dogshit..."

Every. Single. Week.

When you watch the plays that are breaking open just as the interior collapses, it makes it awfully tough to complain about anything Andy's doing out there. He's clearly reluctant to neuter himself in the hopes that at some point those 3 clowns will unfuck themselves but I think it's well past time for substantial change.

Bench Reiter AND Wylie at this point. Put in Allegretti and Wisnewski. And if LDT doesn't figure it the hell out, try Erving back inside (or even Wylie back at RG where he wasn't a trainwreck last year).

This team WILL lose a playoff game with its interior line playing like this. It's not a question of if, but only when. At some point they'll end up leaving 13 points on the board due to missed shots that needed something simple like 2.5 seconds of pocket and we'll just lose.

Reid's playcalling is as good as it's ever been but if he doesn't get over this stubborn refusal to change horses mid-stream on his OL, they're going to end up the architect of his demise.

This can't continue.
[Reply]
O.city 04:01 PM 12-10-2019
Wisniewksi is better. I dunno why he isn't playing.

I mean, I know, Reid is stubborn, but damn.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:02 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
My god. A double team can't even be held up.

That's a big gainer.
They manage to get in each other's way.

A single would've been more effective yet somehow each of them manage to just interfere with the other one and fuck it up.

If it's continuity that has Reid committed to this IOL, I think we can pretty well dispense with that argument at this point. We're 13 games into the season and the damn OL is tripping each other on a simple double-team. I don't think they're gonna just find amazing chemistry over the next several weeks.

It's time to gamble on talent over familiarity.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:03 PM 12-10-2019
I had no idea that was supposed to be a fake punt live. That would have been incredible, I would have lost my shit if they didn't fuck up going for that.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:05 PM 12-10-2019
And it's also pathetic how many people want to say how bad our RB's are.
I've rarely seen any kind of running lanes open on our called running plays.

These RB's would be fine if you give them anything worth a shit on the o-line.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:13 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
And it's also pathetic how many people want to say how bad our RB's are.
I've rarely seen any kind of running lanes open on our called running plays.

These RB's would be fine if you give them anything worth a shit on the o-line.
Nah, RB's aren't good either.

They'd be better, but they have no explosion, limited vision and little power. They're a collection of flawed pieces that don't add up to a positive whole.

The only possible upshot is Thompson as he presents a lot of physical tools but man, with the struggles we have with the IOL, you just can't send him out there knowing that he's spotty in pass pro. We NEED someone there alongside Mahomes we can trust.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:15 PM 12-10-2019
Wylie may be worse than Reiter my god. He’s constantly taking on wrong assignments
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:20 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Wylie may be worse than Reiter my god. He’s constantly taking on wrong assignments
Watching that group try to deal with the stunts was just excruciating.

Reiter and Wylie don't seem to have the athleticism for it and LDT's technique has fallen to complete shit - guy just doesn't move his feet. He just widens out his base really far and starts reaching.

I guess running with 2 guys you got off the street last year and an oft-injured 6th round pick as the anchors of your interior line was perhaps a poor decision, eh?

When you watch those guys !@#$ing suck and then look at how they were acquired, it starts to make a lot of sense. And the sad fact is that I'm now just hoping they get replaced by ANOTHER street free agent a a SEVENTH round pick.

Oof.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up