ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2313 of 3903
« First < 1313181322132263230323092310231123122313 231423152316231723232363241328133313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:27 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The numbers have dropped too quickly for that to be the case though it seems to me. There's gotta be something going in where there's some built in immunity.
Cases are up both in raw numbers and percent positive cases in many areas (14 states had their highest levels last week). Areas like Texas and Arizona are at their highest levels of hospitalization yet. The decline of the epidemic in NY/NJ has blurred the increased caseload, especially in the South.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Cases are up both in raw numbers and percent positive cases in many areas (14 states had their highest levels last week). Areas like Texas and Arizona are at their highest levels of hospitalization yet. The decline of the epidemic in NY/NJ has blurred the increased caseload, especially in the South.
Yeah, that's for sure. It's almost like we shouldn't have locked down everywhere at the same time and started the clock on the lockdowns that early.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It became summer where respiratory infections are less...it hasn't like completely vanished though.
It's not going to completely vanish. That was never going to happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:47 AM 06-09-2020
And yes it is rising some places, hell just the other day Missouri had it's highest number in over a month.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:50 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Well there has been increases testing too correct?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 06-09-2020
Testing really has little to do with Arizona having a huge hospital increase.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well there has been increases testing too correct?
New cases identified by more testing is a different issue than increased/max COVID hospitalizations. One matters way more than the other. I told you this a few days ago. Stop focusing solely on new case numbers, especially in AZ where it took them months to roll out proper testing in large quantities.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:05 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
New cases identified by more testing is a different issue than increased/max COVID hospitalizations. One matters way more than the other. I told you this a few days ago. Stop focusing solely on new case numbers, especially in AZ where it took them months to roll out proper testing in large quantities.
Well good thing we flattened the curve HA beat you COVID!
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 06-09-2020
Yeah, seems hospitalizations and such is more things to watch.

This is where I think we fucked up. We built all these excess beds and areas and such, didn't use them cause we locked down and the wave didn't hit the same time everywhere it did in NY. So now we moved past it and it's gonna crest.

Just not smart planning.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:11 AM 06-09-2020
Sorry Lew this discussion isn't confined to AZ and whats happening there doesn't necessary reflect the rest of the country. I understand the significance of increased hospitalization in AZ.

We have seen a spike in cases locally as well but we are testing more and haven't seen hardly any increase in hospitalization so far.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 06-09-2020
The damn WHO just continues to fuck things up with their messaging.

True asymptomatic spread is likely very rare. But true asymptomatic pts is not the same as presymptomatic.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:51 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Well good thing we flattened the curve HA beat you COVID!
AZ has done little correctly in stopping a spike.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sorry Lew this discussion isn't confined to AZ and whats happening there doesn't necessary reflect the rest of the country. I understand the significance of increased hospitalization in AZ.

We have seen a spike in cases locally as well but we are testing more and haven't seen hardly any increase in hospitalization so far.
I understand. As I’ve stated, states should be reviewing numbers. Some states are fine opening, others are not. Seems politicians aren’t using data though and just winging their stances based on politics. AZ has no business with the current numbers not instructing stricter guidelines but here we sit, open as can be. I’d guess about 10% of people wearing masks when I went to Lowe’s, Home Depot and the grocery store this weekend.
[Reply]
Donger 09:56 AM 06-09-2020
AZ has done little correctly in stopping a spike.

I understand. As I’ve stated, states should be reviewing numbers. Some states are fine opening, others are not. Seems politicians aren’t using data though and just winging their stances based on politics. AZ has no business with the current numbers not instructing stricter guidelines but here we sit, open as can be. I’d guess about 10% of people wearing masks when I went to Lowe’s, Home Depot and the grocery store this weekend.
It would have been nice if states had followed the re-opening guidelines. Oh well. Now we know what people can tolerate, and what they won't.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:34 AM 06-09-2020
Nobody knows what's going on.
[Reply]
Donger 10:39 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Nobody knows what's going on.
What do you mean?
[Reply]
Page 2313 of 3903
« First < 1313181322132263230323092310231123122313 231423152316231723232363241328133313 > Last »
Up