ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1472 of 2693
« First < 47297213721422146214681469147014711472 147314741475147614821522157219722472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:10 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I know the NFL is a copy-cat league. We see it every year.

But personally, I think the "KC Model" was lightning in a bottle. It was a rare, once-in-a-lifetime combination of Wally (QB Whisperer), AS11 (Pro QB Mentor), and a student who is a quick study with a photographic memory and an FIM-43 Redeye arm. Not to mention the surrounding skill players.

Eli can teach him how to take phantom sacks and throw picks and that dumbass HC can teach him how to scowl at the cheerleaders. That's about it.

FAX
Well, to be fair, the situation was perfect for Pat. Solid franchise, great QB whisperer of a coach, didn't have to play right away, plenty of weapons for him when he did.

SO, if you want to duplicate the KC model, you need a great QB whisperer of a coach, a solid vet for him to sit behind for a year, and for the team to have the discipline to stick with the plan no matter what.

Problem is, that rarely works out, and they throw the kids to the wolves behind shit lines on crap offenses and then throw them away. Like Rosen.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 08:12 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Pretty sure Mayfield and all those high draft picks had a lot to do with that. Dorsey didn’t exactly do anything with the Mayfield pick that most other GMs wouldn’t have as well.
HOLD MY BEER!

[Reply]
Best22 08:20 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, to be fair, the situation was perfect for Pat. Solid franchise, great QB whisperer of a coach, didn't have to play right away, plenty of weapons for him when he did.

SO, if you want to duplicate the KC model, you need a great QB whisperer of a coach, a solid vet for him to sit behind for a year, and for the team to have the discipline to stick with the plan no matter what.

Problem is, that rarely works out, and they throw the kids to the wolves behind shit lines on crap offenses and then throw them away. Like Rosen.
You also have to have a good quarterback prospect in the first place.

Guys like Deshone Kizer are never gonna become MVP quarterbacks no matter how much they learn
[Reply]
-King- 08:53 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
All the best QB's in the league right now were groomed.

Mahomes, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, etc...
You conveniently left out the good QBs in the league that weren't groomed.

Ryan, Wilson, Watson, Wentz, Newton, Luck weren't groomed.

I think what happened with Mahomes was the perfect thing for him but I wouldn't necessarily say it's the right plan for every QB
[Reply]
DRM08 09:04 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:

Guys like Deshone Kizer are never gonna become MVP quarterbacks no matter how much they learn
LOL I remember in the 2017 draft process, a lot of the media viewed Mahomes and Kizer as pretty much the same guy. Lazy scouts, lazy media, lazy people in general.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:21 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
LOL I remember in the 2017 draft process, a lot of the media viewed Mahomes and Kizer as pretty much the same guy. Lazy scouts, lazy media, lazy people in general.
Chiefs Fan loved Kizer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:01 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chiefs Fan loved Watson
fyp
[Reply]
In58men 10:09 PM 03-07-2019
Don’t forget Geno, Tannehill and Manziel.

We were just desperate, understandable.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:14 PM 03-07-2019
I remember when Kareem Hunt brought Coca-Cola back from New Coke.
[Reply]
Pants 10:17 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sanchez was the biggest one, dude. Can't forget him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:46 PM 03-07-2019
Spoiler!

NSFW

the official song of PMII and the 2019 KC Chiefs
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:39 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Originally Posted by Pants:
Sanchez was the biggest one, dude. Can't forget him.
Never forget and never forgive. “Just draft someone!”

A Rally cry of oppression and desperation. True enough. And in some ways could be seen in that innocent light.

But those who cried that statement “just draft someone!” Did not stop at merely expressing an opinion. They called out with venomous damnation to any differing thought or opinion. Even if the opposition wanted the same glorious result.

Suck it draftobators. Suck it for calling for crap, and not calling for PMII. We remember. We’ll always remember. Geno be they name, when damned by the Mahomes
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:47 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Never forget and never forgive. “Just draft someone!”

A Rally cry of oppression and desperation. True enough. And in some ways could be seen in that innocent light.

But those who cried that statement “just draft someone!” Did not stop at merely expressing an opinion. They called out with venomous damnation to any differing thought or opinion. Even if the opposition wanted the same glorious result.

Suck it draftobators. Suck it for calling for crap, and not calling for PMII. We remember. We’ll always remember. Geno be they name, when damned by the Mahomes
Drafturbators largely were the only ones who gave a shit about Mahomes, dude.

Name one fucking poster who was on the Cassel train in 2009 who was pounding the table for Mahomes. Name fucking one.

And if you say yourself, that's a lie.

"Just draft someone" DOES include Mahomes, you pea brain. And it never was about "Just draft someone! Anyone!" That's like saying people who didn't want Sanchez were Carl Peterson clones afraid of drafting any and and ALL QBs. Even then, that true fan stereotype is far more true than the other one. I remember in the Andrew Luck year, THAT'S when we got a bunch of the cautious losers to finally say, "Now THERE'S a QB prospect I like!!!!!!!"
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:10 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Athletic arrogance is when you have that "I don't give a ****" flair to your game.

You can be a great player and NOT have it. Peyton Manning didn't.

You can be a merely good player and have it in spades. Like that clown JR Smith.

Mahomes doesn't give a ****. He thinks he can do almost anything on a football field. And more often than not...he can.
Meh, I'm not going to argue semantics. In my eyes arrogance is a delusion. Saying Mahomes is arrogant reads to me like "Mahomes isn't as good as he thinks he is." Arrogance is a weakness.

He absolutely is as good as he KNOWS he is.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:12 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:

I mean, I guess.

Arguably the best QB of all time wasn't much of a prospect or he'd have been drafted higher.
[Reply]
Page 1472 of 2693
« First < 47297213721422146214681469147014711472 147314741475147614821522157219722472 > Last »
Up