Page 128 of 298
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
At this point I wouldn't care anymore. Give me the selfish asshole who only cares about himself but is still extremely passionate over this group of complacent douchebags we trot out on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays.
I didn't care...ever.

Like I said - I'd have moved heaven and earth to try to make that attitude work.

Here's the ONE caveat I'd add though - and this is a BIIIIIIIIG one. Patrick Mahomes is a soft-spoken, fairly thoughtful product of an affluent upbringing and a white momma.

We've seen Peters and his boy Marshawn in occasional moments of candor. They are 'Compton' through and through. There is very little question in my mind that if Peters is still in that lockerroom, he'd would be sowing an undercurrent similar to what guys like Michael Bennett did in Seattle with Russell Wilson. I want no part of hushed corners of that lockeroom calling Mahomes 'Snowflake' when he's not around.

If I'm Veach, I sit down with Andy and ask him who in that room he really, truly trusts. And I'd have Reid sit down with one or two of those guys (ideally Houston and Berry; the people who always seemed to have Peters' ear) and see if you can get a straight answer from them. "Gentlemen, if this is to be Pat's team, is Marcus Peters gonna be calling him a house negro everytime his back is turned? Are we gonna end up a some of these cliques that brought down the Seahawks?"

And from some of the things we heard from Houston in camp, I kinda get the impression that if that conversation were to be had...Houston would've said 'yeah, we probably need him outta here...'
[Reply]
-King- 04:18 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't care...ever.

Like I said - I'd have moved heaven and earth to try to make that attitude work.

Here's the ONE caveat I'd add though - and this is a BIIIIIIIIG one. Patrick Mahomes is a soft-spoken, fairly thoughtful product of an affluent upbringing and a white momma.

We've seen Peters and his boy Marshawn in occasional moments of candor. They are 'Compton' through and through. There is very little question in my mind that if Peters is still in that lockerroom, he'd would be sowing an undercurrent similar to what guys like Michael Bennett did in Seattle with Russell Wilson. I want no part of hushed corners of that lockeroom calling Mahomes 'Snowflake' when he's not around.

If I'm Veach, I sit down with Andy and ask him who in that room he really, truly trusts. And I'd have Reid sit down with one or two of those guys (ideally Houston and Berry; the people who always seemed to have Peters' ear) and see if you can get a straight answer from them. "Gentlemen, if this is to be Pat's team, is Marcus Peters gonna be calling him a house negro everytime his back is turned? Are we gonna end up a some of these cliques that brought down the Seahawks?"

And from some of the things we heard from Houston in camp, I kinda get the impression that if that conversation were to be had...Houston would've said 'yeah, we probably need him outta here...'
Where the fuck did this shit come from that Peters had a problem with Mahomes being light skinned or supposedly being a "house negro"? Wtf?

Seattle players had a problem with Russ because he got special treatment and was never held accountable. Not because of him being light skinned. Funny thing is, the player you listed, Michael Bennett, was defending Russell Wilson from his teammates and reportedly almost fought Sherman over it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Where the fuck did this shit come from that Peters had a problem with Mahomes being light skinned or supposedly being a "house negro"? Wtf?

Seattle players had a problem with Russ because he got special treatment and was never held accountable. Not because of him being light skinned. Funny thing is, the player you listed, Michael Bennett, was defending Russell Wilson from his teammates and reportedly almost fought Sherman over it.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's been alluded to by Terez Paylor and Jeffrey Chadiha.

I was pissed when we traded Peters. It never crossed my mind when the deal was made because it was never front and center by any means. I wouldn't have given it much thought when it was just Chadiha but when I heard Paylor mention it, that's significant smoke. Paylor's arguably the best in the biz; dude knows his shit and wouldn't say something like that lightly.

Paylor's not gonna run cover for the front office, man. If he's mentioning it, he saw/heard something...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:13 PM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Perhaps they could only use 2 digit numbers and couldn't actually show our total.
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 10-23-2018
The ILB’s weren’t thinking, so what changed? Maybe they weren’t being pussies and actually ATTACKED

Reggie Ragland has been under fire for his run defense, but this is a fantastic rep, shedding two offensive lineman en route to helping Allen Bailey -- also with a great shed -- stop Mixon for no gain. pic.twitter.com/5DyJNRlxRk

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) October 23, 2018

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The ILB’s weren’t thinking, so what changed? Maybe they weren’t being pussies and actually ATTACKED

I don't remember which play it was; I think it was the 2nd drive of the game where the Bengals put Dalton on this goofy boot thing to his right. The Bengals appeared to be in a twin tight formation and the LBs and all got shots in on the guys as they came off the line, then chucked them again if they came across someone's face. It was a complete 180 from where they'd been in previous weeks.

They played physical, aggressive football and it was obvious in the 1st quarter that they were simply more engaged. That play ended up being incomplete because that much contact completely screwed up the timing on the routes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 10-23-2018
I don't remember which play it was; I think it was the 2nd drive of the game where the Bengals put Dalton on this goofy boot thing to his right. The Bengals appeared to be in a twin tight formation and the LBs and all got shots in on the guys as they came off the line, then chucked them again if they came across someone's face. It was a complete 180 from where they'd been in previous weeks.

They played physical, aggressive football and it was obvious in the 1st quarter that they were simply more engaged. That play ended up being incomplete because that much contact completely screwed up the timing on the routes.
Just speculating, but I think something was said behind closed doors. Sutton actually appeared to be agitated a couple of times and the players were playing with a passion they haven't shown this year.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:58 AM 10-23-2018
They played physical, aggressive football and it was obvious in the 1st quarter that they were simply more engaged.
This. I don't know if Sutton chewed some ass or what, but the defense that showed up against the Bengals surely wasn't soft.

Something happened in the locker room to bring change in attitude.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:59 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just speculating, but I think something was said behind closed doors. Sutton actually appeared to be agitated a couple of times and the players were playing with a passion they haven't shown this year.
Sutton was furious on the 12 men on the field penalties.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:10 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Sutton was furious on the 12 men on the field penalties.
Mad at himself. I lip read him saying my bad
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Mad at himself. I lip read him saying my bad
That's called "taking responsibility". The players should pay closer attention.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:57 PM 10-28-2018
It’s not us anymore! Progress! :-)

Bengals on pace to allow most yards in NFL history https://t.co/fiH8LTQVyh

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 29, 2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 AM 10-29-2018
Leads the defense helped us build:

31-12
21-0
35-7
23-0
38-7
30-14

You build leads like that, you're going to win a lot of football games. We are.

The defense isn't good, but they have contributed heavily to a winning strategy in 6 of our 7 wins.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:28 AM 10-29-2018
Ron Parker led directly to two of those TDs and I don't suspect Sutton wants him out there much more than we do.

Now if he's playing over Lucas when Sorensen gets back, I'll change my tune. But right now it's hard to blame him for parker simply not doing his job.

Apart from that and some poor run fits from our ILBs (again), the defense was credible again. And that's all you can ask of this squad - the talent isnt there for elite.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:35 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Leads the defense helped us build:

31-12
21-0
35-7
23-0
38-7
30-14

You build leads like that, you're going to win a lot of football games. We are.

The defense isn't good, but they have contributed heavily to a winning strategy in 6 of our 7 wins.
This is not going to sound good for the defense, but I suspect if we wouldn't have taken a timeout at the 1:00 mark of the first half with the ball on the 13 yesterday, that last one would have been 30-7.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 298
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up