ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Caddies make HOW much?
Rain Man 11:08 PM 02-15-2019
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matt-ku...223808034.html

The key elements of this story are:

1. Some dude I've never heard of won $1.3 million in a golf tournament somewhere.

2. He had hired a temporary caddy, and he paid the caddy $5,000.

3. According to the article, caddies regularly get 10 percent of tournament winnings.

4. Apparently there was a golf tempest and the guy offered the caddy another $15,000, but the caddy wanted an additional $45,000 to get to a total of $50,000.

5. Apparently the golf tempest continued, so the golfer dude ended up paying the caddy dude a total of $50,000.

What is this? What world do we live in where a caddy makes $50,000 in a tournament, and apparently the going rate would have been $130,000? Yeah, I know they carry the clubs and make recommendations on the green and stuff, but come on.

I mean, $1.3 million for a golfer is just as ridiculous, but at least the golfer can claim that he was the best at it.

All of you guys with kids need to start training them to caddy. It's way less difficult than long snapping.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:23 AM 02-17-2019
How pissed off is his normal caddoe? He missed out in a $130k payday.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:48 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Holy crap you could win bets against that. I'd have put him in top 50 maybe.
He's an example of the modern, bloated purse structure. He almost never contends in majors and rarely wins tournaments because he'd rather finish in the top 10 than adopt more risk to try to win.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:51 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
Right but all caddies on the PGA tour can help with all of these tasks. The issue isn’t whether he helped more or less. He agreed on a contract was then offered triple and .... fuc$ I have no idea why this pisses me off more because it’s so obvious what the guy did. Dousche bag
Douchebag is the guy who benefited from local knowledge trying to save a few percentage points on a seven figure purse by not even contemplating a win bonus for his bag.

Penny-wise, pound-foolish.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:21 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
How pissed off is his normal caddoe? He missed out in a $130k payday.
Good point. He probably went to the wedding of a niece who he didn't even really like, and then spent the weekend cursing into his phone screen.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:23 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It would be creepy to carry a big bag of arms for 18 holes, though.

(Scouting terrain) "What do you think, TinyEvel? 58 year old woman arm, or 15 year old boy arm?"
I think it would be more like "Hmm, looks like we have to break to the left around that tree. What do you think: Flippy Flier or Wham-o big dish?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up