ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Advertising executives - can you PLEASE think about what you call things?
htismaqe 11:47 AM 02-15-2019
As a protein enthusiast and keto dabbler, I get a lot of ads.

Why in the world would people call their product "nut milk" or "nut butter"?

I mean, there's almost never a time when you want someone to get their mind INTO the gutter, but this is one of them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Gotcha. I've never had pea milk. But that sure as hell sounds just as bad as nut butter.
Silk thought it was a good idea to mix almond milk with cashew milk and call it "nut milk".

My teenage daughter got a nice chuckle out of it. But I'm sure as heck not drinking ANYONE'S "nut milk".
[Reply]
loochy 12:26 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Is nut butter anything like lung butter?
yes, but only if one inhales too vigorously
[Reply]
bobbything 12:53 PM 02-15-2019
My sister did the keto diet. The only thing I ever saw her eat was cheese. Cheese as a snack. Cheese as bread. Cheese as a soup base.

Made me sick to my stomach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
My sister did the keto diet. The only thing I ever saw her eat was cheese. Cheese as a snack. Cheese as bread. Cheese as a soup base.

Made me sick to my stomach.
There's a ton of variations on low-carb eating. Back when I did it the first time, it was Atkins.

I'm not a big fan of cheese though. I don't think it's all that good for you, especially in excess.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:57 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's a ton of variations on low-carb eating. Back when I did it the first time, it was Atkins.

I'm not a big fan of cheese though. I don't think it's all that good for you, especially in excess.
Do you have a plunger? I've been eating a lot of cheese lately.
[Reply]
kc rush 01:02 PM 02-15-2019
Without getting into too much detail, plant-based protein isn't an option for me right now.

And even if it was, I wouldn't be drinking pea milk. LOL
Pea milk and nut butter come from the same region. I don't want either in my mouth. NTTAWWT
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Pea milk and nut butter come from the same region. I don't want either in my mouth. NTTAWWT
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
scho63 02:04 PM 02-15-2019
How about toe butter or elbow jam?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:20 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Yeah, I was going to add a point #3, which is that it works, and people are realizing that on a larger scale (no pun intended).

Basically, 60 years ago, there were two competing theories in the American dietary world. Theory number one said that sugar was bad for you. Theory number two said that fat was bad for you.Theory number two won. Most likely because sugar is easier to mass produce than fat is.

So, Americans started eating "fat-free" foods that replaced all that deliciousness with the cheapest, most readily available ingredient: sugar high-fructose corn syrup. As the country grew more and more overweight, we continued to point to fat as the culprit. "Look at that McDonald's meal! All that fat!" Meanwhile, we casually ignored the shit tons of sugar high-fructose corn syrup that went into the buns, the ketchup, the cokes, the FRIES... nope, it was all about the fat in the burger. Which, we all know, wasn't even beef at one point.

So, now that we have effectively identified sugar high-fructose corn syrup as our big culprit, I think we are returning to the original debate. We are de-stigmatizing fat and, as we watch our friends shed scores of pounds on keto, saying "hmmm... I think I'm gonna try that."

The fact is, when you see a friend go from 270 to 210 in four months, you get over your fad diet objections and try it for yourself.
FYP

But I agree with the gist of it about upping your fat and protein intake and cutting down on sweetened products.
[Reply]
DRU 11:37 PM 02-15-2019
As a protein enthusiast and keto dabbler, I get a lot of ads.

Why in the world would people call their product "nut milk" or "nut butter"?

I mean, there's almost never a time when you want someone to get their mind INTO the gutter, but this is one of them.
Because you are now posting about it in a forum, and bringing it to the attention of many other people, who are all now talking about it as well.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:55 PM 02-15-2019
You may not like the name, but it's a great crossover brand with buttermilk.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:19 AM 02-16-2019
I know, it's crazy. The alternative food market is crazy right now. I pretty much stick to the old standard whey protein isolate and only experiment with other stuff. I mean, they're making freaking milk out of peas and mushrooms now.
I heard a report on a radio show a few weeks back, that you can buy cockroach milk. Turns out it is still being researched and not yet produced for purchase.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...milk-superfood
[Reply]
soonersfreak 07:12 AM 02-16-2019
Nut milk serves an important purpose for some people. My grandson is allergic to many things including milk. Nut milk is about the only high calorie food he will eat. He would be under-weight if he didn't drink it. Nut milk is much higher calorie that soy, almond, and other options.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:27 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You may not like the name, but it's a great crossover brand with buttermilk.

The second container is creased just so, that it literally has a dick and balls as the image on it. Come on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:57 AM 02-16-2019
There is no such thing a pea milk or mushroom milk or macadamia milk. Show me the pea titty.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up