ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened Documentary
notorious 09:22 PM 01-27-2019
Just finished watching this on Netflix. It is fascinating, yet I feel dirty watching how Billy MacFarland fucked over so many people.

If you enjoy documentaries, watch it now.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:25 PM 01-27-2019
"And I went down there fully prepared to suck his dick."

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:40 PM 01-27-2019
LOL I keep trying to figure out if I want to watch this. I guess I will now. I started the Ted Bundy Tapes. I'll grab a look when I finish this.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:09 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL I keep trying to figure out if I want to watch this. I guess I will now. I started the Ted Bundy Tapes. I'll grab a look when I finish this.
I've seen both. The Ted Bundy tapes are just fascinating. What a personality. I grew up as a child in the 80s thinking of him as the boogeyman and remember my mother always commenting on how handsome and well-spoken he was. It was great to see the entire progression of the guy's life interwoven with the tapes.

The Fyre documentary is just candy in comparison. Sad though that the guy duped so many people on the island who really suffered as a result.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:36 AM 01-28-2019
How the hell did Billy Mcfarlane convince all those investors to put millions of dollars into that festival? He was 24 year old kid. It looked like a good time when they flew the models in for the promotional shoot.
[Reply]
notorious 06:59 AM 01-28-2019
At the beginning I couldn’t help but admire Billy’s skill and ability to sell a dream. By the end I wanted to personally take a bat to his face.

The strangely satisfying part of the story is that he scammed the vain, spoiled, wannabe brats. They got a small taste of the real world for once. The downside is that hard-working people got fucked in the process.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
At the beginning I couldn’t help but admire Billy’s skill and ability to sell a dream. By the end I wanted to personally take a bat to his face.

The strangely satisfying part of the story is that he scammed the vain, spoiled, wannabe brats. They got a small taste of the real world for once. The downside is that hard-working people got fucked in the process.
This. I was truly appalled when they laid into the fraud piece. Jesus fuck.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:04 AM 01-28-2019
This was an eye opener for me as my social media usage is limited to my personal interests/hobbies, which is very narrow. The whole "influencers" receiving benefits to make social media posts blew me away and I found the question of culpability when a person uses a hashtag to promote something very interesting.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:09 AM 01-28-2019
I was amazed that people just threw their money at him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:30 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I can understand employees or whatever, but the big finance firms that did virtually no due diligence is mind boggling.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 01-28-2019
And precisely zero long-term lessons will be learned...
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:47 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"And I went down there fully prepared to suck his dick."

:-)
“We’re not a problems-focused group, we’re a solutions-oriented group, we need to have a positive attitude about this.”
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:05 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And precisely zero long-term lessons will be learned...
By the festival goers? No. By the people who worked for Fyre's media apparatus and got rat fucked? Possibly. By the day laborers of an island nation? Probably don't have that luxury.

That said, both this an American Meme make a pretty compelling argument for the systematic liquidation of all social media influencers.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:28 AM 01-28-2019
If you like this - American Greed is a great series.
[Reply]
notorious 10:47 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I understand why a spoiled rich kid doesn’t understand how to protect money, but the investors should have had one of their employees attached to ****face’s hip the entire time.

At the very least take a flight down themselves and look at what was going on?

Emotion completely took over everyone’s judgment. That’s a bad mix when it comes to money.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up