ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2019 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 02:02 AM 01-26-2019
Well, we made it all the way to Overtime of the AFC Championship. With a solid draft, we could get over the hump.

This is the 8th year in a row that we will be tracking the college players the Chiefs have publicly or privately expressed interest in leading up to the NFL Draft.

Here's how we did in 2018. We had 7 guys on the list end up making the roster, including 4 draft picks! Hell of job, guys!

For those who are new, the way this operates is that we collectively monitor various social media sources, blogs, articles and reports for news of the Chiefs' interest in a certain player. When posted in this thread, I will update the OP to include the player. *Please provide the link to the article, the players name, position and team.

I am going to try to link to player profiles when they exist, courtesy of The Draft Network, a pretty sweet new website.

Let's meet some of our future Chiefs:

2019 Draft - Chiefs Prospect Tracker

Offense
QB
Trace McSorley, Penn State
Peyton Bender, Kansas

RB
Darrell Henderson, Memphis
David Montgomery, Iowa State
Devin Singletary, FAU
Dexter Williams, Notre Dame
Justice Hill, Oklahoma State
LJ Scott, Michigan State
Mike Weber, Ohio State
Miles Sanders, Penn State
Nick Brossette, LSU
Rodney Anderson, Oklahoma
Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M
Tony Pollard, Memphis
Johnathan Thomas, Penn State
Josh Jacobs, Alabama
Marquis Young, UMass
Alex Barnes, Kansas State
Denzel Strong, NW Missouri State
Deron Thompson, Kansas
Josh Caldwell, Emporia State
Kendall Morris, Kansas
Darwin Thompson, Utah State
Jalin Moore, Appalachian State

WR
Andy Isabella, UMass
Tyre Brady, Marshall
Jakobi Meyers, NC State
David Sills, West Virginia
N’Keal Harry, Arizona State
Hakeem Butler, Iowa State
Jamal Custis, Syracuse
Mecole Hardman, Georgia
Terry Godwin, Georgia
Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
Dillon Mitchell, Oregon
Kelvin Harmon, NC State
Terry McLaurin, Ohio State
DeAndre Thompkins, Penn State
John Ursua, Hawaii
Ryan Shadler, Kansas
Emanuel Hall, Missouri
Jeremiah Booker, Kansas
Justin Hobbs, Tulsa
Kyrion Parker, Central Missouri

TE
Dawson Knox, Ole Miss
Irv Smith, Alabama
Isaac Nauta, Georgia
Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
Josh Oliver, San Jose St.
Zach Gentry, Michigan
Tommy Sweeney, Boston College
Drew Sample, Washington
Trevon Wesco, West Virginia
Alize Mack, Notre Dame
Matt Sokol, Michigan State
Andrew Reinkemeyer, South Alabama
Austin Burau, Missouri Western
Kendall Blanton, Missouri
Seth Hebert, Central Missouri

OT
Bobby Evans, Oklahoma
Dalton Risner, Kansas State
Derwin Gray, Maryland
Greg Little, Ole Miss
Michael Deiter, Wisconsin
Michael Jordan, Ohio State
Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
Trey Pipkins, Sioux Falls
Tytus Howard, Alabama State
Derrick Puni, Central Missouri
Ethan Greenidge, Villanova

G
Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
Bennett Powers, Oklahoma
Nate Davis, UNC Charlotte
Abdul Beecham, Kansas State
Alex Fontana, Kansas
Dwayne Wallace, Kansas
Kevin Pendleton, Missouri
Samson Bailey, Missouri

C
Connor McGovern, Penn State
Garrett Bradbury, NC State
Lamont Gaillard, Georgia

Defense
CB
Kris Boyd, Texas
Amani Oruwariye, Penn State
Derrick Baity, Kentucky
Blace Brown, Troy
Rashad Fenton, South Carolina
Rock Ya Sin, Temple
Joejuan Williams, Vanderbilt
Corey Ballentine, Washburn
DeAndre “Dre” Baker, Georgia
Byron Murphy, Washington
Saivion Smith, Alabama
Justin Layne, Michigan State
Jamalcolm Liggins, Dickinson State (*also a wr)
Brandin Dandridge, Missouri Western
Duke Shelley, Kansas State
Finis Stribling, Missouri
Shakial Taylor, Kansas

S
Nasir Adderley, Delaware
Taylor Rapp, Washington
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
Jaquon Johnson, Miami
Marquise Blair, Utah
Malik Gant, Marshall
Juan Thornhill, Virginia
Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State
Deionte Thompson, Alabama
Darius West, Kentucky
Doyin Jibowu, Fort Hays State
Will Harris, Boston College
Cam Hilton, Missouri
Kendall Adams, Kansas State

DE / Edge
Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion
Jaylon Ferguson, LA Tech
Carl Granderson, Wyoming
Clelin Ferrell, Clemson
Jachai Polite, Florida
Montez Sweat, Mississippi State
Austin Bryant, Clemson
Shareef Miller, Penn State
Anthony Nelson, Iowa
L.J. Collier, TCU
Kyle Phillips, Tennessee
Zach Allen, Boston College
Tim Ward, Old Dominion
Josh Allen, Kentucky
Freedom Akinmoladun, Nebraska

OLB
David Long, West Virginia
Cole Holcomb, North Carolina

ILB
Otaro Alaka, Texas A&M
Te’Von Coney, Notre Dame
Terrill Hanks, New Mexico State
Joe Dineen, Kansas
Cameron Smith, USC
Deshaun Davis, Auburn
Kendall Joseph, Clemson
Jordan Jones, Kentucky
Koa Farmer, Penn State
Terez Hall, Mizzou
Brandon Lee, Missouri
Josh Watson, Colorado State
Sione Takitaki, BYU
Emeke Egbule, Houston

DL
Isaiah Buggs, Alabama
Charles Omenihu, Texas
John Cominsky, Charleston

DT
Dontavius Russell, Auburn
Terry Beckner, Missouri
Daniel Wise, Kansas
Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois
Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
Amani Bledsoe, Oklahoma
Walter Palmore, Missouri
Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State
Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame

Special Teams
P
Corey Fatony, Mizzou

K

LS
Dalton Harmon, Kansas State
Davis Tullis, Kansas State
John Wirtel, Kansas

Links to Past Years:
[Reply]
Chargem 05:15 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
not sure if this is where I should say this but-

I did some looking back through Spags' personnel on his better defenses. He'll play rookies in key spots and 2nd year guys. In 2007 he had a rookie corner and a couple of second year starters. So if guys can play, they'll play.
I'm assuming the rookie corner was a 1st rounder?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I've been saying all season that Boyd was tremendously over rated in mock drafts and I think senior bowl week has proven that out. He was atrocious in his time during the first half.

With that said...here's some scouting feedback on the two Longhorn targets we've talked to.

My personal opinion is that if we tag + trade Dee Ford that Charles Omenihu could be an interesting take for us to slide into the LEO alongside Chris Jones in Spags defense.

" The bottom line is that neither Charles Omenihu nor Kris Boyd blew the doors off the Senior Bowl in the way many would have hoped. There is good news, though. I've talked to tons of scouts and professional analysts this week and no one thinks Omenihu falls out of the second round. Sitting at the airport and typing this, I was talking to a well-known sportswriter who said hello and I told him I was writing an update on the two and asked his opinion. He said that he couldn't see Charles going any later than Day 2 (meaning rounds 2 and 3) and a scout sitting at my gate next to me overheard the conversation and agreed that he will not. Armed with all this information, I think it is fair to project Omenihu's draft floor currently as late third-round with upside to move up from there with a good combine and/or a great game on Saturday.

We've seen edge guys like Ezekiel Ansah and even as recently as last year, Marcus Davenport, have a slow week of practices and then explode in the game to help their stock. Such an event for Omenihu would surely be a boon.

"There were so many good DL," one scout said when I asked about Omenihu's week, "it was hard to stand out. Better using his hands. You saw his arms, but I like the way he used his hands. The (North OL) is tough."
Or Jaylon Ferguson, DE/Edge, Lousiana Tech. Either would be nice.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:13 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I'm assuming the rookie corner was a 1st rounder?
yes, Aaron Ross.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:42 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Disagree. Williams done well no doubt, but he's still not as good as Kareem Hunt and that's why the Pats were able to be successful in the first half because they didn't respect our run game at all. Getting a stud rb should be a priority imo and i'm hopeful that they already know who like and their targets weren't at the senior bowl.
The dude had 3 TD's last Sunday, and would have had 4 without the overthrow. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:54 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
The dude had 3 TD's last Sunday, and would have had 4 without the overthrow. :-)

yeah i don't get the Damien Williams overlook.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 04:01 PM 01-27-2019
Or Jaylon Ferguson, DE/Edge, Lousiana Tech. Either would be nice.
Man, I really like Jaylon too.

Honestly, reading more about him after the senior bowl he might be my favorite edge rusher that we could realistically have a shot at drafting.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:38 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
He was schemed open imo. We need a dominant rb to really enhance this O and keep it at a high level I think.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 PM 01-27-2019
He was schemed open imo. We need a dominant rb to really enhance this O and keep it at a high level I think.
You should re-read your sentence. And think about what you said in it. And what it means.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Man, I really like Jaylon too.

Honestly, reading more about him after the senior bowl he might be my favorite edge rusher that we could realistically have a shot at drafting.
ME TOO! :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:48 AM 01-28-2019
You should re-read your sentence. And think about what you said in it. And what it means.
If he's relying on being schemed open then he's not top class. The better rb's don't need to be schemed open, THEY DOMINATE either way. I hope you can fathom my point this time.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 AM 01-28-2019
If he's relying on being schemed open then he's not top class. The better rb's don't need to be schemed open, THEY DOMINATE either way. I hope you can fathom my point this time.
I got it in the first place. I think you're misguided.

RB's always do well in Reid's scheme. Always. Because, as you say, they are 'schemed open'.

Hunt had some particular physical attributes, notably outstanding balance. Damien Williams is a good receiver, pass blocker, shifty runner with some power and 'want to'. He produces like a top 10 back projected over a full season. You also have Darrel Williams, who has looked like an excellent power back in limited duty. And Ware, who just a couple of years ago was your #1 back and has 4 years now in the offense. If you had to, West has also been decent. You have a stable of RB's that can all produce.

Statistically speaking, however, we lost absolutely nothing when Hunt left. The production didn't drop off.

When you have a top flight offense with everyone returning, including depth at RB, and a #31 ranked defense, you don't spend draft capital or FA money on RB's. Even with Hunt here, RB is like the 3rd option of this offense.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:26 AM 01-28-2019
I got it in the first place. I think you're misguided.

RB's always do well in Reid's scheme. Always. Because, as you say, they are 'schemed open'.

Hunt had some particular physical attributes, notably outstanding balance. Damien Williams is a good receiver, pass blocker, shifty runner with some power and 'want to'. He produces like a top 10 back projected over a full season. You also have Darrel Williams, who has looked like an excellent power back in limited duty. And Ware, who just a couple of years ago was your #1 back and has 4 years now in the offense. If you had to, West has also been decent. You have a stable of RB's that can all produce.

Statistically speaking, however, we lost absolutely nothing when Hunt left. The production didn't drop off.

When you have a top flight offense with everyone returning, including depth at RB, and a #31 ranked defense, you don't spend draft capital or FA money on RB's. Even with Hunt here, RB is like the 3rd option of this offense.
Well firstly Ware is a free agent this offseason and is unlikely to be back. Secondly Williams has been in the league for a while now and this is his best ever period of production and why is that? It's because he's scheme reliant imo and isn't someone who's natural ability can change a game like Kareem could. Tbh I would be stunned if the Chiefs follow your logic and don't get a new rb. Yes, the defense needs attention but there is no harm in strengthening your strength (offense) a little more too.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:48 AM 01-28-2019
Most RBs are schemed open, it’s the nature of the position. Go look at how many yards Gurley’s o line blocks for him. Hint: the o line produces more yards than Gurley.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 01-28-2019
Well firstly Ware is a free agent this offseason and is unlikely to be back. Secondly Williams has been in the league for a while now and this is his best ever period of production and why is that? It's because he's scheme reliant imo and isn't someone who's natural ability can change a game like Kareem could. Tbh I would be stunned if the Chiefs follow your logic and don't get a new rb. Yes, the defense needs attention but there is no harm in strengthening your strength (offense) a little more too.
prepare to be stunned.

Only so many cap dollars to go around. Big, gaping holes on defense and only so many draft picks.

mid to low round RB pick, sure, perhaps. More likely a small school UDFA.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:19 AM 01-28-2019
prepare to be stunned.

Only so many cap dollars to go around. Big, gaping holes on defense and only so many draft picks.

mid to low round RB pick, sure, perhaps. More likely a small school UDFA.
No-one is saying they should bring one in in Fa. You implied that we shouldn't bring one in at all, so you seem to have changed your tune with that last statement. I believe they would take one in the third round if a decent one drops there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up